Glad to be a member

General boating discussion
clambo
Donator '22

Glad to be a member

Post by clambo »

Just wanted to say how glad i am to be an AAB member. I put a post on THT about a battery failure problem I had with Cabela's AGM batteries going bad after 24 months. You might of thought I insulted the altar some of their members whorshiped at! Finally settled on Lifeline and spent quite some time talking to a guy named Jim, he educated me about the batteries and dispelled all the things the THT clowns said I did wrong! Seems by accident I did nothing wrong except being cheap and buying those batteries made in China. When I bought the batteries from Centrix in Texas they also took the time to explain how to care for and properly use the batteries. When talking to Jim at Lifeline I told him I was bying from Centrix, he said say hi to Mark when I did Mark said "you know Jim ?"I then said "no I don't" Mark the told me I had been schooled by one of the owners of Lifeline himself. In this age it is very refreshing to do business with companies of integrety that know what customer service actually is! I will say that some of the THT members tried to help but the majority just bashed me. When someone asks for help on AAB that is exactly what they get! For AAB :thumbsup: :beer: :clap: For THT :hammer: :skillet: :gunner2: Clambo
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Re: Glad to be a member

Post by goatram »

Member there as well but seldom Post there. They do have a great Classified section that I use daily looking for Stuff to buy. A Pound of Salt is used to digest the info given thou. :eyepop:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I'm heading that way to check on their batts. one of my Cabela's AGM's died at about the 2 year mark. :skillet:

And I live in Texas. :doh:

http://www.lifelinebatteries.com/
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

Goatram, I most likely won't waste my time posting there either due to the abusive jerks that seem to reply only to trash people. Welder, If you ask for Jim you will be pleasantly suprised as I was. Good Luck brother :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

TESTIMONIAL:

When I got my "Blacklab Marine" boat from Jay Perotta, I had the availability to Upgrade my batteries (2 OF THEM) too LifeLine AGM's for a whopping,$200 at that time.

I wish I had a windshield wiper, I wish I had side rub rails welded on, and I wish I went with a Suzuki outboard back then too :!: :!:

But, I have never kicked myself in the azz about the battery swap.

It's almost 8 YEARS now, and my Lifeline AGM's have NEVER-EVER let me down.

I keep my batteries always plugged into a on-board charger, so they are always ready and topped off just incase. Knock on Alloy, that they'll make it awhile longer.

At $250 a piece. I WILL REPLACE THEM WITH NOTHING BUT THE LIFELINES!
capesteve

Post by capesteve »

JETTYWOLF wrote:TESTIMONIAL:

I wish I went with a Suzuki outboard back then too :!: :!:
Why Suzuki?
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Guess you be new round these parts??? :rotfl: :rotfl:
And haven't followed my Honda SAGA??? :eyepop: :eyepop: when my entire "living" depended on it.

Let's just say I have not had the best of luck with Honda Marine.

Others can, have and will.......jus' not me :!:
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

Dave glad to hear those lifelines have lasted for ya. Up these parts a good number of comm. guys use zukes. Guy I got my boat from has a bay boat and sold a zuke with 4500 hours it now is around 6000 and still going. Hope mine does the same. :thumbsup: :beer:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic