Gravois reborn as a series of Metal Shark

General boating discussion
Hull9
Donator '14

Gravois reborn as a series of Metal Shark

Post by Hull9 »

Introducing the new Metal Shark 25′ Gravois Bay – the latest in a long line of fishing boats custom designed and built in the Gravois family tradition. Like all Metal Sharks, the 25 Gravois Bay is built to last. The hull is made using heavy plates of military-grade 5086 aluminum alloy that has been digitally cut, expertly welded, and flawlessly crafted to create sleek lines that rival those of the finest NON ALLOY boats on the water. However, once you consider the 25 Gravois Bay’s rugged durability and 30+ year hull life, there’s really no comparison.

Bred For Fishing. Built for Fun. Owners of Gravois boats tend to call them “lifetime hulls” and with good reason. Invest in a 25 Gravois Bay and say goodbye to gelcoat issues, stringer and transom worries, and other issues associated with NON ALLOY boats. Not only have the legendary Gravois construction methods been proven through decades of use and abuse by demanding anglers along the Gulf coast, but Metal Sharks are in service with the U.S. Navy, Army, Coast Guard, and Air Force worldwide and offer proven dependability. With the 25 Gravois Bay, you’ll spend more time fishing – and less time fussing over your boat.

A Big-Boat Ride in a Bay Boat Package. The Metal Shark 25 Gravois Bay boasts an advanced hull design by renowned naval architect Michael Peters. Its aggressively stepped, ventilated, deep-vee tunnel hull is the result of the very latest in hydrodynamic concepts and offers unparalleled ride and handling characteristics. The boat is quick to plane, offers nimble, sports car-like handling, and delivers a smooth, dry, comfortable ride, even in heavy seas. Acceleration is quick throughout the power band, and at speed the boat tracks predictably, with the weighted feel of its stout aluminum hull inspiring driver confidence. This Shark eats waves.

Take the Helm. The Gravois 25 Bay’s welded aluminum console boasts a clean, uncluttered layout that puts the driver in total control. The tilt steering wheel and throttle are ideally placed, and the ergonomic positioning of helm seat, footrest, and controls allows for optimum comfort during long hauls. There’s plenty of room for the installation of electronics, and the large acrylic windshield affords superb visibility.

Have it All. Just because you’re going to fishing in a rugged boat doesn’t mean you’ve got to “rough it.” The 25 Gravois Bay features all the luxuries you’d expect from a premium quality bay boat, and delivers them in a clean, smart layout that makes for a great day on the water. You’ll find rod holders, rod racks, grab handles, cup holders, storage lockers, and other amenities conveniently placed and easy to use.

Fanatical Attention to Detail. If you really want to gauge the quality of a boat’s construction, look in the places that aren’t easy to see. Peek under the hatches and into the bilge, and check out the wiring behind the dash. If you’re aboard a Metal Shark, you’ll see attention to detail and an overall level of fit and finish that is second to none. That’s because Metal Shark has made its name by exceeding the expectation of some of the world’s most demanding military customers. So, you’ll find flawless welds, watertight rattle-free hatches, and military-spec wiring throughout. Metal Shark builds boats this way because in many cases, lives actually depend on it.

Customized Just for You. The 25 Gravois Bay is available in multiple configurations, with different options allowing the boat to serve completely different missions. The boat shown here has been equipped for fishing, entertaining, lounging, and family fun. The table shown above lowers to the floor at the push of a button. If stopped midway, a filler cushion can be added to convert the entire forward cockpit into a large lounging area. Port and starboard backrests lock quickly into place so that the lounge seats may be used comfortably while underway. Below, we’ll demonstrate these features and others in detail.

The forward table lowers at the push of a button. Shown here in sunpad position, with filler cushion and backrests in place.

The forward table stows neatly by lowering to the cockpit floor.

Beneath the removable forward cushions, you’ll find large, latching storage compartments. For the fishing purists who require an open forward cockpit, the 25 Gravois Bay can be produced without forward seating or cockpit table.

All hatches latch down securely and feature gaskets for water resistance. All storage lockers are fully finished.

The 25 Gravois Bay is available with several different helm seating configurations, including a basic leaning post, leaning post baitwell module, and a convertible helm seat / leaning post module with storage and cooler, which is shown here in the bench seat position.

Simply flip up the armrests and retract the seat cushion to convert the helm bench seat into a comfortable leaning post.

The seat module also contains separate latching port, starboard, and aft storage compartments; flush holders for four fishing rods; two beverage holders; a grab bar; and a Frigid Rigid removable cooler that slides away easily into the seat base where it is stored securely.

The transom of the 25 Gravois Bay can be configured to incorporate a fold-away bench seat, shown here. This arrangement also includes a transom livewell and a walk-through door. The boat may be built with the seat omitted, and a large transom livewell installed in its place.

The available transom bench seat folds away when not in use, leaving a clean, obstruction free transom for casting or trolling.

The transom livewell sits adjacent to the rear bench seat. The livewell fills quickly, offers ample water circulation, and is fully gasketed so water doesn’t slop onto the deck. Other livewells are available.

The 25 Gravois Bay features padded wraparound bolsters and ideal freeboard for fishing security and comfort. Available flooring upgrades are easy on the feet and add an upscale touch.

With its sleek lines, outstanding performance, ample features, and durable construction, Metal Shark has packed a boatload of value into the 25 Gravois Bay. To make one yours, contact us today.

SPECIFICATIONS:

LOA: 25′ (without engine)

BEAM: 8’6″

FUEL CAPACITY: 90 Gallons

DRAFT (HULL): 15″

DRY WEIGHT: 3,830

MAX HP: 350

Isn't it crazy this looks so much like a plastic boat? Metal Shark is reintroducing the Gravois lineup starting with the 25 Stepped Bay. What you see here is a decked-out model, and customers can purchase the boat in just about any finish or layout they want.

The Gravois series of Metal Sharks will also include the 22 Bay, 28 Hybrid, 32 Catamaran, 35 Offshore, and 38 Catamaran. The Fearless 32 and 40, as well as Relentless series collared center consoles and Defiant series collared pilothouses can also be had in recreational form.

I, for one, am happy to see the brand reintroduced. I've been to the factory numerous times and am always impressed.
welder
Site Admin

Re: Gravois reborn as a series of Metal Shark

Post by welder »

Now that is is an AWESOME post. :thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
dingahling
Donator ,15

Post by dingahling »

Impressive. Going over in my mind how I would modify mine, if I had the means.
Wondering about the floor: what is it made of and how would it be compatible with the hull/deck ?
My years of perusing AAB has beaten into me the cautions of placing dissimilar materials against the hull/deck, and it was the first thing I thought of when looking at this boat. Trapped moisture under the floor seems problematic. Anyone else have like concerns, or is it not to worry ?
Sure would make it have a more family friendly feel (my wife would love it).

I'd like to see recessed LEDs on the aft edge of the drop table - I can see myself tripping over that at night non stop.

I'd also love to hear from the Greenport gent that had the Metal Shark 32' Fearless built - love to hear how that's holding up and if there's anything he'd do differently...
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

I have seen Gravois boats down here for DECADES! Saw one of the new Bay Boats at a boat show in Gonzales, LA last year up close and personal. (Started a thread with lots of pictures of it in the thread) You could see the quality and craftsmanship everywhere in that boat. (As I've seen in all of the boats with his name associated with them) They are not cheap, but you are definitely getting a piece of equipment that will give you decades of dependable service out of. :thumbsup: The old saying, you get what you pay for surely fits. High/excellent quality isn't cheap.
Hull9
Donator '14

Post by Hull9 »

I can tell you one thing: if there was a problem area for corrosion, the Metal Shark team thought about it way before the first aluminum was cut. The real floor on this one, while always an option, would probably not fit in 90% of consumer need.

I've had the pleasure of speaking to Rick (owner of the 32) a couple times over phone and email. I hate to speak for him, but as of last conversation he is still 100% in love with his boat. I was able to see it at th factory after an accident with a steel buoy which only caused a paint scuff. I love the way he built his and would probably follow a similar route given the chance.
Hull9
Donator '14

Post by Hull9 »

Lucky Louie wrote:I have seen Gravois boats down here for DECADES! Saw one of the new Bay Boats at a boat show in Gonzales, LA last year up close and personal. (Started a thread with lots of pictures of it in the thread) You could see the quality and craftsmanship everywhere in that boat. (As I've seen in all of the boats with his name associated with them) They are not cheap, but you are definitely getting a piece of equipment that will give you decades of dependable service out of. :thumbsup: The old saying, you get what you pay for surely fits. High/excellent quality isn't cheap.

The 25' stepped hull you saw is the same as designed by Michael Peters. Jimmy owns that boat and keeps it near the factory. It's a beauty for sure
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Hey Don [AKA Lucky Louie] you remember this day and playing with Jimmy G.
I can't wait to go back and see the other shop too.

Class act all the way with MetalShark. :thumbsup:
Attachments
TestnewGoPro 395.JPG
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

welder wrote:Hey Don [AKA Lucky Louie] you remember this day and playing with Jimmy G.
I can't wait to go back and see the other shop too.

Class act all the way with MetalShark. :thumbsup:
Yes I do! Saw some of them from plate stacked up through the stages to final rigging. Saw them inside, out, right side up, on the pivot and all. I also remember the quality/pride we saw at each step.

Maybe we can see the new shop when you come down this year.
markh2000
Sponsor

Post by markh2000 »

Very nice post, pictures and narration! I like to see aluminum boat builders showing that our aluminum boats can be "pretty" too....
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

Wow, that is a fantastic looking boat, only thing I do not care for is all the painted aluminum, looks great but it is as fragile as gelcoat.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
Hull9
Donator '14

Post by Hull9 »

The boat can be had with you choice of finish including natural. I run mine natural and enjoy it, but the pretty boat sure is great to look at.
Hull9
Donator '14

Post by Hull9 »

FYI for those interested in seeing the boat up close and personal:
Attachments
Gravois-LA-Sportsman-Smallweb.jpg
Hull9
Donator '14

Post by Hull9 »

Update- it looks like we'll be bringing the 25 to the Miami boat show as well. So come on down and say hello; I'll be there to help any way I can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic