FiberRubber: Amazing new hull system

General boating discussion
dawgaholic

FiberRubber: Amazing new hull system

Post by dawgaholic »

A NEW US Citizen spent a Year perfecting the product and has built a vessel utilizing the technology: mash here

As the coating generates Electricity from water impacting the Hull, the imagination of uses is amazing, especially in the remote operating areas.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
gandrfab

Re: FiberRubber: Amazing new hull system

Post by gandrfab »

More information posted in the post body please.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

They say that necessity is the mother of invention, but sometimes all is takes is a garage, a chemist, and a really good idea. Such is the case with FiberRubber®, the brainchild of Alokin Alset, an immigrant from East Europe who was granted US citizenship one year to the day after being granted a patent on this new form of flexible NON ALLOY.

“The secret to FiberRubber® lies in the molecular bonds,” Alset explained. “The molecules are arranged in a 4-1-15 pattern that allows them to change shape when striking the waves. A FiberRubber® hull will actually ripple from stem to stern, as it passes through a wave. This allows it to absorb virtually all of the impact forces.”

FiberRubber flexible NON ALLOY revolutionary boat material
the picture from the article.
the picture from the article.
As if that wouldn’t be enough to excite boaters, the truly revolutionary aspect to this material is its ability to power the propulsion system. As the Fiber Rubber flexes and ripples, piezoelectric micro-oscillators embedded in the fibers create an electrical current. The current travels through a network of embedded fiber-optics, to a sort of sub-station (that also forms an aft bench seat) that converts the current to 24 volts, and then feeds it to a Li-Ion battery pack.

To prove the material works, Alset built a 25’ long prototype pocket-trawler in the garage of his Edison, New York home. The hull is 100-percent FiberRubber® to the waterline. From there up, the hull, deck, and wheelhouse are vacuum-molded rigid NON ALLOY. Propulsion comes courtesy of a French-built 100 HP Parc-llub electric engine, mated to a Chinese Yaw On drive unit. In honor of his Serbian mother, he christened the vessel LoofLirpa upon its completion.

In the spring of 2013, Alset applied for his patent and then tested the boat—first in the Finger Lakes, and later in the open Atlantic. The next two years were spent tweaking and modifying LoofLirpa until Alset was completely confident in its ability.

“The beauty in my system is that unlike solar or wind-powered electrical vessels, the FiberRubber® boat isn’t subject to the whims of nature,” Alset claimed. “You don’t lose power when the sun is obscured by clouds, or when there is no breeze. Once you give the boat its initial ‘push’ with the lithium-ion power cell, it’s completely self-sustaining. The faster you go the more the boat flexes, so the more power you generate. The only time an issue arises is when the water is dead flat calm. In this instance you must circle back and strike your own wake at least once every 100 yards, or, as a last alternative, someone can stand up in the bow and jump up and down like an excited monkey-boy trying to snatch bananas out of a tree. This, too, will create enough flexing in the FiberRubber® to power the craft.”

We’re looking forward to our promised test run on the first production model FiberRubber® boat in time for our next publishing deadline one year from today, on April 1st, 2016.
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
peterbo3
Contributor

Post by peterbo3 »

I see.................................... :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick:
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

That boat needs a bottom job . . . weirdest marine growth I've ever seen but the sandblaster will make short work of it. Give the guy my number . . . hmm . . . the inventors name spelled backwards is . . . ?

1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
speedboats

Post by speedboats »

At first glance with a cursory read it would appear to be 'over-unity'.
Skiffing
Donator ,15

Post by Skiffing »

^^^
That and the date of publication should be a hint................
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

And I fell for it.....:/ :skillet:
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

dawgaholic wrote:And I fell for it.....:/ :skillet:
No way!!! I figured you were laying a trap for the rest of us! :axe:
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

As did I :banghead: :skillet: :burn:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Chaps wrote:
dawgaholic wrote:And I fell for it.....:/ :skillet:
No way!!! I figured you were laying a trap for the rest of us! :axe:
No. I simply didn't see it coming.... :hammer:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic