Interesting looking boat hull to be finished

General boating discussion
Toonseskat

Interesting looking boat hull to be finished

Post by Toonseskat »

Not mine, it's on Fleabay. Interesting looking design. Wish I lived closer, would like to see this up close. http://www.ebay.com/itm/32-ALUMINUM-HUL ... 1857725337
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Interesting looking boat hull to be finished

Post by Chaps »

Yeah that has been for sale on ebay before, like a year or two ago. Pretty hull, like a Carolina day boat
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by kmorin »

True Flair in welded metal hull, sure would like to work a week in the builders' shop that does this work to see the metal forming techniques?

it was etched at least to some extent, and therefore may have fully bared alloy plate work? If that is the case, that is; no corrosion sitting out in the elements for years and years- I'd give it a go. The interior shots are the full tell. If she's sat with a bilge full or organics (weeds, leaves, fungi and what not..) then its junk, if the entire bilge drained dry of all the falling organics (?) then 6k$ is just a single few sheets of formed hull plate.

Chaps, she does have the Carolina stepped sheer, flared topsides (as opposed to flam in all our current hulls except Gravois & Co. who are notoriously silent on forming and framing ) and the combination still makes for some nice lines, clean hull panels and an exceptional example of a well designed hull.

If she were in my neighborhood, OR I were in hers, I'd give her a serious look.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

s-l1600.jpg
I think this photo answers your question Kevin. Long enough to mow the grass.
salmonater

Post by salmonater »

There's not much deadrise in the back.
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by kmorin »

Chtucker, yep sure enough - over time and with neglect the wind has blown enough dust and soil in to support crops! not only that- a steel frame was left in too- I'm not saying I can see inside, but this hull is junk in my view- with this level of neglect. Rust/steel corrosion and composting soil as enough to make it a planter not a boat.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

That hull type in wood or f'glass does not have much deadrise either, its a mid-atlantic design. Hey Kevin I would think the metal would be OK, at least better than a hull that has been pickled in the saltchuk for an equivalent amount of time. Give me a couple hours inside that thing with my sandblaster and you'd think it was just built.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic