Batteries

General boating discussion
welder
Site Admin

Batteries

Post by welder »

What Batteries are you guys running and why?
I'm having to replace mine [2] and wondering what my choices are at this time.
Currently there are two AGMs from Cabela's sitting in my CC dead.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
MacGyver

Re: Batteries

Post by MacGyver »

I would think having 2 AGM batteries would be a good choice in batteries for most boats. With no more information.

It not normal for 2-AGM batteries to go bad at the same time. Just to be on the safe side make sure there is nothing draining the batteries and killing them before putting in the new ones.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

One went down 1st and the 2nd died about 6 months later, pretty much my bad for not staying on it.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Shark Bait
Donator 08, 11, 15, 17

Post by Shark Bait »

I changed out my original, lead acid engine, batteries after 8 years of use with NorthStar AGMs. Lots of research - they seem to be one of the best, if not the best, AGMS available. Not cheap - but you get what you pay for.
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

Welder, had the same problem with Cabela's AGM batteries. Put a post on THT and people jumped all over me!They said it was my fault the batteries lasted two seasons, what a bunch of crap. Did my due diligence and found Lifeline batteries, called them and they gave me an education on all things battery. They even had me go get the info on my charger to make sure the maintenance charge was correct. Spoke to a guy named Jim. Jim asked me where I was buying,I told him Centrex in Texas, he then told me to say to Mark ( I think). When I called Centrex they also gave me an education and when I told them the tech Jim from Lifeline said to say hi, he said you know Jim? I said he was the tech from Lifeline, Mark said Jim's no tech he owns Lifeline! Welder, Jim spent at least 45 min with me for a sale of two batteries! Both Lifeline and Centrex understand what customer service is all about and I have no problem giving them my highest recomendation , talk to them and I'm sure you will be as satisfied as I am. Good luck brother :thumbsup:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic