Almar 22 sounder advice

General boating discussion
harcher

Almar 22 sounder advice

Post by harcher »

Hello,
I am looking at a 1989 22 foot Almar sounder with a cuddy, soft top, 350 Mercruiser motor and bravo outdrive (both of which the owner tells me are original to the boat), with 1250 hours on it. The boat has been sitting for a few years, needs to be cleaned but otherwise looks to be in good condition. I plan to use the boat for saltwater fishing/crabbing/shrimping in Puget sound mostly, with a few trips out to the open ocean for tuna or halibut, weather permitting.

In a first pass this boat looks to be built like a tank! Aggressive reverse chine, a step bow entry and I didn't see much difference between the bottom width and the outside width of the gunnels so I *think* it will be stable at drift as well as smooth in chop but I haven't been out on the water in it yet.

My question is, has anyone had experience with Almars and if so, could you share with me the good, the bad and the ugly?

I tried to upload a few pics but it didn't work, I will keep trying.

Thanks for looking.
BCTony

Re: Almar 22 sounder advice

Post by BCTony »

The Almar Sounder was the forerunner to the North River Seahawk Offshore (North River bought Almar) and both have a good reputation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic