Looking for go fast deep v center console design.

General boating discussion
skypoke

Looking for go fast deep v center console design.

Post by skypoke »

Since my alloy cat is moving to the PacNW I find myself in need of a replacement boat for offshore fishing out of Port Aransas Tx. Our conditions are rough here, short, steep chop, none of those Pacific rollers unfortunately.Typical run is 40-60 miles into head seas. So, I'm looking for a design for a no frills, euro transom, deep V, 31-36 foot, outboard powered (400-500 hp twins, no trips), possibly stepped hull design. In short I want an aluminum Contender or Yellowfin.

I've looked at the glass boats available on the used market....but 100K buys you older engines, dated electronics, old foamed in fuel tanks, and most likely some pending stringer/transom/hull-deck joins issues. Not to mention cored decks soon needing attention etc. I'd rather put the time in building, install new power and electronics for close to the same money. Bear in mind that I'm talking materials costs, labor is "free."

Anyone know of a designer who is dialed in on this style hull? I'd appreciate hearing from you if so. Regards, Chuck
Texian, born and bred.
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Looking for go fast deep v center console design.

Post by Chaps »

Nicest thing I've seen like that is the Rock Salt 34 designed by Response Marine. I'll bet they would gin something similar up for you. So your cat is coming up to Seattle? Been so long can't remember what it was like . . .
click the image for a bigger size
rocksalt34.jpg
09038_0316rs.jpg
JonH
Donator 21

Re: Looking for go fast deep v center console design.

Post by JonH »

You might try Hunt (www.huntdesigns.com) they have a tremendous archive of designs.

My (soon to start construction) Hunt design uses an existing hull design which then had a custom
house, interior arraignment, etc. done for me.

Our pilot boats are Hunt designed and they work very well in Gomex chop, granted they are bigger than what you
are looking at.

PM me if you want more info, Jon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic