Crestliner 2200 Bay

General boating discussion
bryan28

Crestliner 2200 Bay

Post by bryan28 »

I'll be buying a new boat pretty soon and can't decide between aluminum or glass since the prices are so similar. The only aluminum bay boat that is laid out to my liking so far is the Crestliner 2200 Bay but I can't find many reviews on it. Crestliner reviews in general seem positive but hard to find any on this particular model.

I will be using the boat on TN lakes and in the salt around Galveston when I visit family in TX.

If you have any info on this boat I'd like to hear it. Thanks....Bryan
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Crestliner 2200 Bay

Post by Chaps »

Looked at it on their website, nice rig!
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
SEANITOLEE

Re: Crestliner 2200 Bay

Post by SEANITOLEE »

I own a 2014 Lowe 22 bay. Same hull, nearly identical boat. Mine is rigged with a 200hp Optimax, and Atlas Jack Plate. I love the hull, just hate the fit and finish. Non skid is peeling up everywhere, hatches are poor fitting, and not water tight at all. Welds are ugly. Floor is riveted down, and doesn't fit perfect, so as you step in certain areas, you'll feel/hear flex from rivets that are loose in some areas. Vessel tops out around 45mph at 5,000rpm. Wish it was a little faster. Cruises at 40mph at 4,500rpm very nicely.
I love the aluminum over NON ALLOY, but wish it was more like a Gravois build, and less mass-manufactured. Perhaps the guys over at Crestliner put them together better than those at Lowe.
I'm running it in the Niagara River and occasionally Lake Erie. In a 2-4ft chop on Erie, it's not worth going out in; but Erie is a nasty lake to any boat. Running at 40mph and crossing a wake on the river will send her near airborne, and she comes down real hard. Not much of a V in the hull, and feels very flat towards the stern, so it can be a little bone-jarring over the rough stuff at speed. Then again, I'm sure I drive a little harder than most.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly, I know it's a real pain to try and find information on these hulls.
Sean Leary
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic