Help for a Newb in New Jersey

General boating discussion
Brianf44

Help for a Newb in New Jersey

Post by Brianf44 »

Hi everyone, brand new to the site and boating in general. I am looking for a center console boat to take out in the bay and inshore fishing off New Jersey. I started looking at boats and want to have a boat that is durable and provide safety for my family. Started looking and first was drawn to Parker center consoles and their no frills attitude in boating. I am of the opinion that the less you have on a boat, the less that can break. Long story short I recently found Pacific boats and am very intrigued by them. But I don’t see any dealers on the east coast and found a few forums where people are quoting 7k to ship a boat across the country. Does anyone have any recommendations for an aluminum boat builder in the east coast that is similar to pacific? Is the 7k I saw online the actual price to ship a center console across the country? Thanks for everyone’s help, and look forward to learning from the forum. Thanks
timeo

Re: Help for a Newb in New Jersey

Post by timeo »

Just get a used Pacific up in the NE, they seem to pop up semi-frequently. I have a V2025 and LOVE it. They are built like a tank and the hull needs basically no maintenance other than bottom paint and removing marine growth as I keep mine in the water year round.
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

:thumbsup:
Last edited by clambo on Tue May 26, 2020 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

Brian check out Craig's list.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic