Annual Rant by K Morin

General boating discussion
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Annual Rant by K Morin

Post by kmorin »

It's that time of year for all regular posters and readers, lurkers (and trolls too) for me to wish you all to have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year wish from the 'Site's Mill Scale gnat-Zee' and an encouragement to consider a donation for welder's generosity and willingness to host our discussions.

Each year I make a pitch to the many readers of the site to consider a contribution to welder's overhead, as a small token of those many readers who've learned, here, what has saved them countless dollars, has helped them to decide a course of action regarding their own welded plate boats, and have helped countless others to make wise decisions regarding buying, or not buying, maintaining or scrapping, and repairing their own welded aluminum boats.

Welder's efforts to put up the site, and to maintain it, tend it and otherwise keep us all "under his roof" allows all of us to spend time doing whatever it is we do- separate from reading or posting here- and to skip the efforts/costs/time and sweat to keep an online niche site alive.

I've contributed a few bucks every year because of a single welder who taught me good manners between weld shops - a long (too long) time ago.

"If you're gonna ask for some service, some advice, some help; from that other shop? stop on the way and pick up a pint of decent sipping whiskey and a case of good beer, before you get there. Pay their fees and don't whine and leave them a taste for the evening's relaxation. You'd want to be treated the same when they come to you for help." [This was years ago... in my youth]

I've always tried to observe that courtesy to the many other shops that I've used to help me make a living for the past decades and I encourage you, readers, posters, both... to send few bucks to welder in thanks and appreciation for his efforts to host a shop full of builders, boat owners, site readers and others who are interested in welded aluminum alloy boats. Heck you spend 20-30$ on a decent six of beer now days why not add some for the site?

Nowadays, when many of the 'kids' aren't drinkin' men, I try to leave a few $ and recognize its likely that sending spirits to welder's house would end up with his Mrs. upset? So, this is my annual encouragement to make a contribution to the upkeep of the Site and welder's willingness to host us all? Can use PayPal, or other means but every contribution helps defer the costs of his generosity to us all.

Merry Christmas and my prayers for a safe and prosperous New Year to all at AAB.com Forum.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Re: Annual Rant by K Morin

Post by Lucky Louie »

Merry Christmas to you and yours too from this web toed Cajun from down in the swamps
christmas swamp santa.jpg
christmas swamp santa.jpg (46.93 KiB) Viewed 7291 times
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Thank you Kevin and everyone else.
Yall have a MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Craigb
Donator '21, '22

Post by Craigb »

I'd be willing to contribute, but without sounding like a knob, what does it cost? I enjoy the open forum that promotes the better end of aluminum boatbuilding. Not the too light riveted junk.
kmorin

Post by kmorin »

Craig, there's no fixed fee, its whatever you'd like to contribute? If you subscribe to a good quality magazine? What do you spend a year? Or if you're at a pay site for some other special interest... what's that like for cost?

There's not a cost structure, there's just a great service and your reaction to it as you value the info and shared experience of plate welded boat owners, builders, painters, welders, buyers/sellers & drivers.

What's a nite out w the First Mate, or if there's not First Mate- your crew members... cost? How's the year's reading, learning and having access to the info welder has collected in value compared to a nite on the town (well in the pre WuFlu days)?

Every 20$ bill helps welder's costs to be born by the site and less his back pocket!

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
dave

Post by dave »

kmorin well said

Done
Craigb
Donator '21, '22

Post by Craigb »

How do you donate?
kmorin

Post by kmorin »

Craigb, at the top of the Homepage is a big blue banner, just below that is a light blue one... and in the third icon from the left is a heart and Donate button. That's a start.

Also, if you'd like to send a check to welder? instead of using the online contribution methods? Then, the address is;

AluminumAlloyBoats.com, LLC
1941 Chisum Trail RD.
Whitesboro, Tx. 76273

Thanks for asking, hope this helps anyone inclined to help welder "keep the lights on"?

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Craigb
Donator '21, '22

Post by Craigb »

done
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Thank you very much to all that help keep it running.
:highfive: :beer: :thumbsup: :joecool:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic