Prop size for 19' Baja Bayrunner and BF90?

General boating discussion
Embarq82

Prop size for 19' Baja Bayrunner and BF90?

Post by Embarq82 »

Hi all! Cool site and I am surprised I didn't join sooner! I've owned my Bayrunner since 2014 and its served me well for what she is.

I've got a 19' Baja Bayrunner with a Honda BF90 - what size prop and pitch is recommended for my setup? I calculate total weight of a normal trip to be about 2000 lbs +/-

Thanks
Andrew
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Re: Prop size for 19' Baja Bayrunner and BF90?

Post by kmorin »

Andrew, welcome to the AAB.com Forum glad you posted your question.
We don't have any marine calculations software applets on this site and so a member would have to do the calculations for you individually. I'm not saying you're not welcome here but... I'm not willing to do prop calcs for free! Maybe others with similar hulls will be willing to reply about their similar hull & engine's performance and what wheels they're running?

So, I suggest you consider a site named boatdiesel.com where (for a membership fee) you can use their built-in marine calculators! They do have one for speed and props and various other marine related questions that require the input of your hull's specifics and details and then their calculators will output a table of responses.

I've joined many years in the past just to get handy access to these calculators. You could spend the membership and be able to run a range of calculations about your engine, hull and imply what props' proportions would be most advantageous for your use?

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Craigb
Donator '21, '22

Re: Prop size for 19' Baja Bayrunner and BF90?

Post by Craigb »

Assuming this thing currently has a prop. What are you looking for or looking to change? Some prop manufacturers have calculators if you have a bunch of existing info on what changes might do for you. Is it too fast? Too slow? Just cant get it up?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic