Shellfish and Crustaceans.

mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Shellfish and Crustaceans.

Post by mojomizer »

Post your Shellfish and Crustacean recipe here.
Last edited by mojomizer on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Re: Shellfish and Crustaceans.

Post by goatram »

Not a gumbo but a dipping sauce that is great. My wife's recipe
One small clove of garlic
4 or 5 hot peppers (the small thai chilli type)
1 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
2 teaspoon of Lime juice
1/3 cup of water

smash the garlic and pepper and chop it real fine then stir in the rest of the ingredients.
add or subtract the peppers to suite your taste. once you start and it is a little to warm for your taste the only way to put the fire out in your mouth is to drink your beer and eat another shrimp dipped in the sauce. :mrgreen:

Comes recommended by Mark and Others
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
shansgonefishin

Post by shansgonefishin »

Not so much a recipe as rather something a little... different! This was passed onto our family years ago from a professional Crayfishing family back in Perth - Western Australia. The combination seems to bring out the best from the Lobster, and is great on a hot day. I know it may sound a little "odd" but seriously - give er a go! :thumbsup:

LOBSTER / PINEAPPLE SANDWICH

Cut 2 slabs of fresh thickly cut French Bred - buttered.
Tinned Pineapple - pieces or rings - it don't matter!
Lobster meat - we boil ours in salt water - seems to keep the Caribbean Lobster's meat here in Cayman nice and sweet.

And of course - pair with a cold beer! :beer:

S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

My favorite mustard dipping sauce. Also works great on burgers!!

4 Tsp Dry English Mustard -Coleman's
1 Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tsp A-1 sauce
1/8 Cup Half and Half
1/8 Tsp Salt
Beat the dry mustard and mayonnaise together for 1 minute. Add the
remaining ingredients and beat until the mixture reaches a creamy
consistency. Chill.

If you have ever been to Miami, you may recognize this flavor as Joe's Stone Crab mustard sauce.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Ok gang I'll post this one up............ It may get you out of Jail ........ Forget your Anniversary, cats birthday (sad and run for the hills :rotfl: ) Breaking the news that you just 2nd mortgaged the house for that 35 foot ultimate alloy battleship.

Well maybe not but this can win you some points. :thumbsup:

Shrimp Stuffed Avacado Salad with Cilantro Aioli.

Ingredients and creation of.

Half Onion, Four ripe Tomato's, Three Green Onions, Red and Green Jalapeno, Three cloves of Garlic..... All diced and Garlic finely chopped. Sugar, Salt, Seasoned Pepper to taste.

Mix it up. Put in the fridge to chill.

Cilantro Aioli

Half a bundle of Cilantro, Two Toasted Tomatillo's, Two heaping tablespoons of Mayonaise, Three heaping tablespoons of Sour Cream, Squeeze of lemon juice, Parsley, Seasoned pepper, Salt to taste.

Tomatillo's are interesting. I believe it is a fruit????

Remove the leafy covering and toast over open flame (Using metal tongs) Gives it a slight carmelized and smokey flavor.

Just so you know what the insides look like.

Add all into blender and puree untill you get a nice uniform color with tiny green specs.

Put in fridge to chill.

On to the sweet succulent shrimp of Prince William Sound. You guys can use store bought :mrgreen: Half a pound will do???

A little Lucky Louie recommended shrimp boil.

I bring it up to a boil then wait 1 minute. Drain and chill. Peel cut into halves.... Save a few whole for presentation.

Lay a bed of One large Romaine leaf and some hand shreded on plate.

Place Four Avocado halves on Romaine bed. (My luck these had small seeds needed a larger cavity).

Added some hard boiled egg and sliced tomato for effect...... (Makes Carol smile).

Place Shrimp and Salsa filler into the Avacado.

Carol's a dipper so I put the Aioli sauce on the side. Dust the top with Konriko spice :mrgreen:

Myself I like the drench it method.

Some Sun Flower seeds and a heavy dose of Konriko.

Don't tell Carol but I like eating mine with Corn chips :popcorn:

Though it may sound complicated it really is not and takes only a half hour.

Hope you try and enjoy.

Mark
2325 wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

That is a definite must try! I think I know where to find a few of those shrimp, too. I do think that I will have to boil up an extra pound to eat while I prepare. Energy food, you know! :beer:
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
peterbo3
Contributor

Post by peterbo3 »

PRAWN or SHRIMP MARINARA

You will need:
Raw prawn tails (large) - 10 to 15 per person depending on hunger
Scallops can be added or substituted
Garlic - 2 cloves crushed
Asparagus spears (raw)- 2-3 per person
Fettuccine - 100 gm (4 oz) per person
Pouring cream (double) - large quantity
Parmesan cheese grated or shaved - large quantity
Macadamia or other high temp oil
Crusty bread
Butter

Marinate prawns, garlic & oil in a glass or ceramic bowl for 2-3 hours
Cook pasta in salted boiling water until "al dente"
Cook asparagus for 2-3 minutes in boiling salted water
Sear prawns over high heat in wok or pan for 30- 40 seconds. Do them in batches. Do not overcook
Drain pasta & asparagus. Chop asparagus roughly
Add cream to pasta & return to high heat. Stir gently. Do not allow cream to boil
Remove from heat, add seafood, asparagus, white pepper & some parmesan. Mix gently & serve
with crusty bread, butter & remaining cheese
Cooking time -20 minutes max
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
waterdog247
Donator '10, '12, '13

Pan seared scallops

Post by waterdog247 »

This recipe needs fresh scallops or it won’t work. Make sure if you are buying them, you ask if they have been soaked in brine. You will never be able to get a sear on wet-soaked scallops.

Bring a cast-iron pan up to medium-high heat. Add a drop or two of water to the pan. It should skitter and dance around. If it pops and sizzles, and then is gone, the pan is too hot. You want your drop to dance around for about 5-10 seconds.
Now it’s time to add your oil. I use a couple tablespoons of peanut oil, because it has a high smoke point, and you get a good sear. You can use butter as well, but you’ll have to lower the temp just a little bit. Add the oil and let it heat for about 5 minutes.

While you’re waiting for the oil to heat, pat your scallops dry. That way they won’t spatter at you when you place them in the oil. Sprinkle them lightly with kosher salt on both sides. Once the oil is ready, place your scallops in the pan with plenty of space between them. I use a 12 inch cast iron pan, and usually only cook 6-8 scallops at a time.

Cook for no more than two minutes per side. They should be light, almost translucent in the center, and not at all rubbery. Remove them from the pan, and let rest on a papertowel.

While you are letting your scallops rest, whisk up a little herbed butter sauce to go with them.

3 tbs unsalted butter, sliced into six equal pieces
1 medium shallot finely diced
1/4 cup dry wine
1/8 cup finely chopped parsley
1/8 cup finely chopped chives
1/4 tsp finely grated lemon zest
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Bring the pan back up to medium heat and add one piece of the butter and the shallots. Sauté about 1 minute or until they start to turn translucent. Add the wine, simmer until reduced by half. Add the herbs and lemon zest and reduce heat to low. Add the remaining butter, and don't stop whisking until the butter melts. Place the scallops into the pan. Cover the scallops in the sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove and plate after 1 minute, or the scallops are warm.

Serve with steamed asparagus, cranberry and white raisin wild rice pilaf, and a bottle of Columbia Crest Reserve Chardonnay.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Crab Cake Burgers with SL Dave's Mustard Dipping Sauce :thumbsup:

Though I could travel up a north and trap my own Dungeness Crab. I feel it is definitely easier and cheaper to find locally. I found em at a Asian market...... 4 decent size Dungies for around 14 dollars.

Those buggers are fast and wanted a piece of Mojo. I chilled them down to slow them up a bit. The cleaning commenced :shocked: Carol would have been appalled. Have a bad day at the office this was stress relief arrrr arrr arrr.

Steam them up....... 20 minutes.

While steaming I took the time to chop a small Onion and saute in butter till translucent and tender. Let cool down.

Time to prepare The Crab Cake Mix, Crack 2 Eggs, 2 1/2 teaspoons of Worcestershire Sauce, 1 teaspoon of Paprika, 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, 2 heaping tablespoons of Sour Cream. Two slices of Wheat Bread ( remove crust ) chop into 1/2 inch squares, 5 tablespoons of Corn Meal, Time to add cooled Sauted Onions. Mix together to make a paste cover and put in Refridgerator.

20 minutes ..... "ding" cool down the Steamed Dungess Crab. While waiting to cool down I made SL Dave's Mustard Dipping Sauce. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=3037#p24455

Time for a Crab meat picking Party....... Dang 4 Crabs made about 9 cups of meat :thumbsup:

For me I mix the Crab meat with the Crab Meat Mix in a separate bowl one patty at a time. I like big chunks of Crab Meat in my cakes.

A trick I use when flipping patties that are a little loose. I make them on 2 sheets of Aluminum foil it is easier to flip the Crab Cake.

Form the Crab Cake Patty and bread on side. I used a Corn meal and corn Flake mix. Flip and bread the other side.

One teaspoon of butter in a hot skillet. Fry 3 minutes a side. When the first side is done I start to toast a hamburger bun.

Now place on Hamburger Bun and add your favorite condiments. Lettuce, Tomato, Pepper Jack cheese, Avocado and Sl Daves Mustard Dipping Sauce :thumbsup: Suit to your own Taste's

Standard

Deluxe

Eat em Up.

Paired with a South Coast Winery Viognier

Burp

Enjoy

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Holy smokes Mojo!!! That looks amazing! :clap: :clap:

How did you like the mustard sauce?
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic