BLING, BLING....

Truck and Trailer discussion
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

BLING, BLING....

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Finally a dream come true.....a complete ALLOY and Stainless Steel Boat trailer.
I got my new rims along with very badly needed trailer tires today.

I mean I had Goodyear radial trailer tires with bubbles and pacthes of rubber completely gone!!!!
I wouldn't have made it to or from the water today. Thankgoodness that my customer was flexible.

So I sat waiting..................ALL DAY LONG for FedEx to show, and of course I was his last stop, at 5pm.

Mad rush to get all 4 on and ready to go for Wednesday at 6am fishing.

Here's the BEFORE & AFTER......damn galvanized rims ain't worth a hoot. But did last 4 years, barely.
Good investment? I hope so.
Good investment? I hope so.
New-Rims.gif (99.71 KiB) Viewed 5656 times

I'll be styling at the bait shop tomarrow morning...good thang it'll be dark, or everyone would need sunglasses.
Bling Bling....move ova brotha'
Bling Bling....move ova brotha'
new-rims-2.gif (93.56 KiB) Viewed 5656 times
I figger I have about 6K in this Rolls-Axle trailer now. I think I'll invest in some "Rim Locks", on Thursday. They don't come in stainless though. And I have all SS hubs, Nuts and studs. The lock would be a bastard, then. But maybe really worth it.
Also has a clear coat finish on them
Also has a clear coat finish on them
new-rims-3.gif (93.57 KiB) Viewed 5656 times
cookies up and keep the hull down..... :thumbsup:
21ftcc
Donator '09

Re: BLING, BLING....

Post by 21ftcc »

I was thinking Jetty's boat was going to get some 18inch sub woofers and gold rims.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Now their gonna say you charge to much cuz you have bling bling wheels.............

Pimp Daddy Jettywolf.......... :joecool:

Looking sharp Dave , well done.

Oh yeah, what tires are those ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

Awesome Alloys Jetty
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

I can't believe the galvy wheels went so fast. I like the new wheels :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

To answer 21CC first,

Well they started rusting up after the first two years actually. I kept putting "Ospho" on them to make the rust last a bit longer. Remember I use my boat alot, too.

And I think I heard on THT, ya know where the "all knowing" reside....."Yeah ya'll have really higher content of saltier water in Florida, and the warmer waters will eat that Aluminum boat of yours in no time flat!"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I GUESS THAT GOES FOR GALVANIZED TRAILER RIMS TOO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now to BIG W, they're the ones that I told ya about in the eamil and in the other tire post. 205/75 -14 Bias ply's.
I don't do alot of open road hauling, boat ramp and back is about 5 miles each way maybe....heck I can walk it or ride my bike. I think you'd want radials for your country-wide trekking all over hells half acre. The gal at Sturdy Built trailer supply where I got these said the same thing. Get Radials if you're a "traveler".

But this morning, man could I tell I had new rubber. The trailer glided to the bait shop, then we rescheduled till thursday because it was raining like holy hell and back.............................again!

The rims and tires are so damn light, compared to the old tires and galv rims.

Bevan:
This is about as much BLING as this white boy will ever have. Like your trailers, clean, sleek and understated is more to my liking with a hint of "class". So this is where my Buck stops.
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

How did the bearing look with the wheels off? Did you ever get a tube of the Mil spec salt water grease?
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

JETTYWOLF wrote:clean, sleek and understated is more to my liking with a hint of "class".
This is exactly how we try to think! You hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately it is often such a hard thing to achieve. Or in this case simple as bolting on four new wheels!
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Bevan, ya got that right!!

And your trailers and boats are a bench mark.

Thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic