Welders wake up call

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
welder
Site Admin

Welders wake up call

Post by welder »

A week ago today my Doctor MADE me Take a ambulance to the ER :skillet: due to VERY HIGH Blood pressure , 182/123 , and I can tell yo now that Nitro pills taste like crap.
All my blood work ,Xrays and EKG's came back GREAT . I was diagnosed with Hypertension so now i'm on 10mg of some orange pill that I can't say the name of and it's working well , 117/78 and perty consistent through out the day.

I'm spilling my personal life to ya because High Blood Pressure is the SILENT KILLER.

We all should have it checked at least a few times a year as we get older. :sarge:

If you don't want to go to the Doctor just stop by a Fire Dept. or EMS station , they do it for FREE or go to the store and get a auto wrist monitor .

I'm still here and kicking , MERRY CHRISTMAS y'all
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: Welders wake up call

Post by AlloyToy »

Merry Christmas Les......glad you're doing better!! :beer:
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Glad ya caught it :!:

There are all kinds of things that can contribute to raising your blood pressure.

Some things can help lower it as well. On that note...........................

:sarge: Dr. Don prescribes more time in your boat fishing to lower your stress level! :sarge:
dave
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by dave »

I'm glad to hear you are doing well. We have a monitor that measures blood pressure and pulse rate. We got it at the drug store. It is quite accurate. It slides over the wrist. Very easy to use.
Deno

Post by Deno »

Wow!! Glad your ok buddy…. Drink lots of beer :beer: I mean water I need to check mine also…
I've been told I need a life...I tell them hunting and fishing is my life...They tell me thats what they mean....
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Yikes! Glad to hear its treatable and that you caught it!!
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Did the EMT's run the sirens? How will this affect next summer's trip? Will I have to serve your beers with a nipple on the end? Will your pump be able to handle the rise in BP when you hook a 65 pound ling or 100 pound flatfish? If you croak on my boat can we use you for shrimp bait? So many questions. :mrgreen:

Pete
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
CarolMizer

Post by CarolMizer »

Les, So happy you have a diagnosis before you had the sledgehammer hit you over the head. Please take it easy and take care of you first, so that you can be there for everyone else around you!!

I can tell you countless stories of people that find out either too late about the sad affect high blood pressure can have on your health BEFORE it is diagnosed. Although most are good about monitoring their blood pressure and taking their medicine on time, many don't. They always have an excuse : "The medicine makes me feel funny, so I don't take it", "I got it under control, so I stopped the medicine", "My blood pressure really isn't that high, I don't feel any different"....
The devastating effects it can have on your health: It can wreak havoc on your kidneys. Give your eyes a run for their money, and your headache that just won't go away, well that is a big first symptom of high blood pressure. The mini strokes you barely notice to the massive ones that devastate all can be avoided.
As an ER nurse that sees the worst of the worst cases and even the first clue to a patient that there is a problem. Learn about your own blood pressure before you have to come see me in the ER. It might be too late so I highly encourage people to just CHECK your blood pressure yourself, even if it IS at the store, pharmacy, your friends machine or whatever and don't ignore THE NUMBERS !!

Give everyone the gift of life, YOUR life..... Have a Happy Holiday Season
Carol
Carol-------> I'm with Mojo
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

spoiled one wrote:Did the EMT's run the sirens? How will this affect next summer's trip? Will I have to serve your beers with a nipple on the end? Will your pump be able to handle the rise in BP when you hook a 65 pound ling or 100 pound flatfish? If you croak on my boat can we use you for shrimp bait? So many questions. :mrgreen:

Pete
No Sirens just a transport with a I.V. and Nitro pills [ and no, they don't blow up in your mouth ] :mrgreen:

I be there with Bells on. :skipper:

Nipples , yeah I'll do Nipples. :highfive:

I have cool drugs to keep the BP down and the pump is in GREAT shape. :smitty:

I'm not croaking on your boat but if I did croak on a boat I would be proud to croak on yours. My wife says that I wont die , I'll just get a long lingering illness that last for years , just to drive her crazy.................I told her it would be a short trip.
:beer:

The Mother in law is being checked into the nursing home in the AM [ 12-16-09 ] so our stress should lighten up a bunch.She has been with us for 6 months and has step 6 Dementia/Alzheimer's .
Lester,
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Glad you have it under control. I look forward to this summer.

Pete

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

We will have a BLAST [ with out the Nitro ] I can't wait .
Lester,
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

spoiled one wrote:Did the EMT's run the sirens? How will this affect next summer's trip? Will I have to serve your beers with a nipple on the end? Will your pump be able to handle the rise in BP when you hook a 65 pound ling or 100 pound flatfish? If you croak on my boat can we use you for shrimp bait? So many questions. :mrgreen:

Pete
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

WELCOME TO THE HYPERTENSION CLUB.....IT'S NOT SUCH A BIG DEAL. JUST TAKE YOUR LIL' PILL. :sarge:

It almost killed me once, but my heart was still young. It's pretty much heridity for me. No avoiding it. Unless I lost 90 pounds and had a personal chef and drill sargent.

Stop eating all that damn Tex Mex....eat a Striper once in awhile. Opps ya got go catch one first.
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

Les we only want to be talking 2 strokes and 4 strokes on here, keep a popping the pills. ... definitely go fishing more.

I take my pills every day but I think the doc must be giving me ugly pills, because I reckon I have aged the most since I have been on em.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

OK, that's TWO need to go FISHING more posts , I guess I'm loading the boat .

:beer:
Lester,
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

C'C'C'mon...... :!:

There's no snow on the ground there is there?
Ice on the lake?
Then.....GO.
(take pics this time)
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

JETTYWOLF wrote:C'C'C'mon...... :!:

Ice on the lake?
Then.....GO.
(take pics this time)
Good call, Jetty. Has anyone ever seen pics of Welder fishing his boat? I can't recall. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

spoiled one wrote:
JETTYWOLF wrote:C'C'C'mon...... :!:

Ice on the lake?
Then.....GO.
(take pics this time)
Good call, Jetty. Has anyone ever seen pics of Welder fishing his boat? I can't recall. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Well I have a couple of his boat in the water.......... :popcorn:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic