New Truck....(I wish)

Truck and Trailer discussion
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

New Truck....(I wish)

Post by JETTYWOLF »

After breakfast with dad today, we went by a Porschedealer that's had a truck sitting in the lot that's had me drooooling.
So dad said, "let's stop in and look", I instantly said, "YEAH!"

A broke fisherman on a Saturday with no charters can dream, can't we?

It was killer....the color? Not a fan, but sure am a H1 fan, especially the rag top, with small open bed.
Roll bars, giant bumpers, and believe it or not...The A/C blasted cold air.

My 1995 F-250 hasn't for years!

Wrap this thing with a Capt Dave Sport fishing logo over "SILVER" (like aluminum) pulling my boat down the road would be.........well I already get "over noticed" with my boat. I'll leave it at that.

Welder, it has a Turbo diesel, and is torquey as all hell. Won't do much over 60-70 MPH either.

I'll continue to have an H1 soft top on my wish list, because I can't really get a new truck for 12 more years, at least. I'll be setting a record on how long a F-250 can pull a boat.
1998 H1
1998 H1
H1-1.jpg (10.01 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
H1-2.jpg
H1-2.jpg (11.31 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
H1-3.jpg
H1-3.jpg (11.7 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
I ended up completeing my education and letting the guy at the lot let me take it for a ride.......handles like a sportscar compared to my ole Ford F-250 Truck. Steering more responsive, and way more power. Completely Rhino lined underneath, "newer" 38" super swampers. I'd just be as 'in love', if it had more less aggresive street treads.

But my ole truck's silver and matches my boat.
old and tired....
old and tired....
JGIG-1.gif (99.41 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Re: New Truck....(I wish)

Post by S L Dave »

Dave,
If you had that H1...nobody would ever tip you because they would figure you were a rich guy taking people out fishing for fun.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

Cool - I've always liked those too Jetty.

Here's the big nosey question of the day..........How much are they asking?

:popcorn:

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I CAN NOT go get a new F-250 to replace mine, or a 2 year old "used one" maybe???? If not diesel probably.
No sign of truck prices falling here. They still want top dollar.

Rich guys drive brand new Ford F-250 diesel super cab 4x4's around here!!
Every dumb BACK SIDE lawn care (mower pusher) landscaper around here, no sooner gets a business license and buys himself a 4x4 F-250 maxxed out.

So I wouldn't be considered rich by no means,'

They have it priced, right in range 34K, starting a bit higher than they should of course. The guy there said its going to the auction very soon and they'll get 30K there.
I was thinking 25K. Because it has 87K miles on it.
They say on their web site that they stuck $500-$600 in brakes and odd and ends, after a full safety check. And want that money back......really???

I saw nicer more customized ones that were newer on the web for 30K. But most in the 1998 too 2001 range go for 30-50K.

To find one below 30K is a dream.........or rolled and broken.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Dave , now I'm going to POP your bubble [ Sorry in advance ] ....................

The Hummer does not have enough tow rating to pull you boat [ ready to fish ] it's rated at 5K.
The hummer , H1 , has a P.O.S. , Chevy 6.2 Lt. converted Gas motor in it and they don't last much over a 100K . Yes , the H1 pulls it self around good on and off road BUT it is not a good tow Vehicle.

You might want to shop for a 04 to 07.5 Dodge with a CTD or a Ford 97 to 02 Power Stroke 7.3lt.

And yeah , I know you only tow 1/2 mile to the ramp but you will need to pull to La. one day. :thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I know that W......"IT'S A SATURDAY, IT'S ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE. I HAVE NO CHARTERS, NO CALLS, AND A MAJOR HOLIDAY IS COMING. PLUS THE FISH ARE CHEWIN SO GOOD IT'S UNREAL".

So I spent all day researching the H1.

But they're like a $350 G. Loomis rod....super great, with super action, light, and everyone would like to have a quiver full of them, LIKE me. Till ya break about 15 of them. Then, ya go back to a Shakespeare Ugly Stik, because they don't break and cost only $30 compared to $300..........BUT THE RIDE WAS GREAT FOR AWHILE. AND EVERYONE OF MY CHARTERS LOVED THEM TILL THEY WERE HOLDING A TWO PIECE, ONE PIECE ROD! :banghead:

I don't think I'd worry too much. I can't afford a $600-$700 payment. UNLESS I START GETTING MORE BUSINESS OUT OF THIS LAME AZZ TOWN.
(The reason to go to La.??? Notice my quandry???)
But I hear there's some serious, MUTHA-HUNKERS out on those oil rigs!
Damn, no oil rigs here. But then again. The South is GREAT, ain't it?
http://www.gatortailgirls.com/GirlsGone ... -1_Web.MPG

"And MY Ford barely pulls my boat."The H1 has a NON ALLOY hood, and aluminum body, with steel skid plates. So it's super light, and NIMBLE. And the short wheel base, but oh so broad may just be the ticket for EZ handling, backing up into my Boat-port. Which is a B-I-T-C-H with my truck now.

Don't think I'd be pulling to Louisiana any time soon.

For me it would be more of a FUN vehicle, a super SUV....KInda like my Boat. All the web sites, said "the Cummins guys try too poo-poo the engine in the H1, but for the purpose of the vehicle, it works great......blablabla....."
No one around here do I see ever towing with the H2 or H3 fancy-pants SUV's.

But your also not supposed to Tow a 31 Contender with a Chevy S-10. But I see that every weekend!

If I had a H1, i'd have to get it "wrapped" with a Giant Trout & Redfish scheme. I took a guy fishin who does truck/car wraps, and I'd go to him and try for a wrap - "charter fishing barter".

His shop is about 10 minutes from my house. He already said he'd love to do my boat. But I told him that defeats my running over boats and into docks.

It's just one of those GOALS, one of those things ya say to yourself you'd love to have before the end comes.
Like living in SE La. and catching the "end of the rainbow...aka: a hundred specks before noon".

What I need to know is how to make a 1995 Ford rusty F-250 last 12 more years, till I can maybe get another Truck?
Now that's the 64 thousand dollar question.
26 years?? That means I'll get "classic" plates here in Florida!!
Yippeeeeee. :thumbsup:
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Jetty I know what you mean about the new truck thing. I bought "My little silver truck" (06 Cummins) for a every day driver and "Light towin" truck to make my dooley last longer. "Little Red" is a early 99 model. (Built in Oct. of 98) I use it now just for towin our "Rollin hotel" as Welder calls it and "My other trailer with whatever I need to haul" . Of course I tow light stuff (Katrina the boat and such) with the silver truck too...

The 17-19mpg driving locally and 21-22mpg highway with the little silver truck verses 13-14mpg local driving with the red truck is nice too!

I got a HYEALL of a deal on the little silver truck. (Welder said I stole it :nutkick: ) It will save me from needing to buy another tow vehicle for my lager stuff for quite some time. To replace the red truck would be EXPENSIVE! Just do like i did, start looking and don't get into a hurry. Something will show up that won't break the bank that is in good shape.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I'm not really even looking, because I have no $$. I could use a lawn tractor if I had too, to pull my boat to the ramp. And my Bike for everything else.......that's a "peddle bike", not Motor Bike.

But if I found an "H1" at a steal....I'd just go rob a bank, I guess.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic