Trailer Box

Truck and Trailer discussion
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Trailer Box

Post by AlloyToy »

Added this :thumbsup: A place to store all my junk....straps, chocks, trailer maint items......

I coated the top with bed liner and it doubles as a step to get to the bow. Though about a ladder but this serves dual purpose :thumbsup:
Attachments
IMG_1532.JPG
IMG_1532.JPG (176.35 KiB) Viewed 12317 times
21ftcc
Donator '09

Re: Trailer Box

Post by 21ftcc »

EWWW shine Y!

AT I picked up some rubber out side mats, same stuff that play grounds (ground) is made out of. The company spraying it on a new schools play ground gave me some samples. Might want to check into it. I think walymart sells it now too. I noticed you park your boat on rock/dirt. I do that same thing with my trailer and hope to stop the tire rot faster then it has to happen.

AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Jason, I went to the tire shop across from my shop and he gave me two old worn tires. I thought about cutting the side wall from the tires and slicing the tire in half, then screwing it to my bunks.....then I thought hmmmmmm......your tires grip the wet pavement.....I'll never be able to winch the boat on in a tidal situation :idea: Not sure to be honest :?: :?: :?: :?:

As far as tire rot goes that's a good idea.....the plan is to keep the tires rolling this summer chasing Charlie & Sharks.....let me know if you are up for a trip :thumbsup:

The driveway in RI is 3/4" crushed stone.....not sure with the drainage if you would get tire rot :?: :?: :?:

Oh and tonight when I went to the local pond to submerge the trailer, run the motor and use the wash down to hose off the boat.......the looks I got :mrgreen:
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

Your driveway looks like a fine crushed surface top course (CSTC)...it should drain well if it is higher than the surround areas. It looks well compacted as well.

Pls show us an over all pic of trailer so we can get a good aspect of the box on the tongue...Nice and shiney, good idea withthe bed liner. Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Guess its time for an electric winch. I wouldn't put it on the trailer just under the tires.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Capt PJ.....certainly

Been thinking about changing the trailer to elec/hyd brakes. It will also give me a place to hang/install the actuator as well
Attachments
IMG_1555.JPG
IMG_1555.JPG (172.63 KiB) Viewed 12266 times
Last edited by AlloyToy on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

That's a really nice setup. Did you bolt it on and clamp it on the i-beam?
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

Nice setup, what year is your Tundra how does it tow? I have a '10 crewmax 4X4.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

21ftcc, (4) SS 3/8" bolts and heavy flat washers.......actually love the box. Everything fits nicely. bucket with my grease gun extra fluids I carry, motor cover, tire iron ect...

Mac 2001......love the Tundra. In all the years I've had it I have only done tires, brakes, and the maint. thinks like the timing belt, Oil, tranny service ect...

Now however she's got the flu......the cat & oxygen sensors are gone. 150K.... My oldest son wants it for his first vehicle........of coarse he wants to lift it, and do rims and all that jazz :mrgreen:

I've been holding out to see if Toyota releases a diesel soon :?:

Anyone know the law regarding emissions in Mass???? After how many years old do they do not check emissions??
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

I think trucks 96 and newer for 8500 gvw and 99 or 2000 for higher gvw

I got the same type of issue AT, my truck won't pass inspection for monitors. O2 and Cat won't go to ready but the registry MAC shop shows my O2's are working fine. :banghead: If it shows they are fine, sticker my truck...! :banghead: but they can't because the PCU says its not ready! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: $$$$ more money gone for stupid stuff.
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by kmorin »

AlloyT,
Seeing traction paint on a diamond tread plate top surface made me smile :deadhorse:

I have a long and permanent campaign to rant against the use of 'traction plate' for traction surfaces, and it looks like you must agree in some way (?)- the stuff is slick, slippery and dangerous to walk on when wet or covered with fish gurrey.

I built a skiff with diamond plate deck once and the fishermen who used it worked nets on the beach, so he got in an out of the skiff with sandy boots which worn the edges off the tread plate (6061T6 embossed plate like the pattern shown in the job box). When the bottom became covered in fish (set net fisherman hauling three to four tons of salmon per tide for a week or two) and the sand had rounded the edges to 'marbles' - he fell regularly. At each fall he said sailor like things about my mother; that weren't true.

We coated the bottom with a 3M black sand-laden mastic and he re-coated the 'traction plate' every year after that as long as he had that skiff- traction plate is dangerously slippery!

Cheers
Kevin Morin
kmorin
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Kevin,
I had a L4 & L5 anterior disk hernia to prove diamond plate can be slick from a loading dock incident at one of our vendors that does our plating.....some like it (not knocking those who have it) but as a choice......it's not for me :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

AT
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Post by aluminumdreamer »

AlloyToy wrote:Now however she's got the flu......the cat & oxygen sensors are gone. 150K.... My oldest son wants it for his first vehicle........of coarse he wants to lift it, and do rims and all that jazz
Make sure you bring this thing to a shop that has a clue before you go throwing money at the cats and sensors. Or bring it to the dealer if you trust them. I can tell you that those cats are huge money, and the truck has two air/fuel ratio sensors and two o2 sensors. It is possible that an o2 code or an A/F sensor code could come up and look like you need a cat. You need to read each sensor to make sure the cats are doing there jobs, and your not just replacing a cat because the rear o2 is dead and throwing a cat efficiency code!

If any of that makes any sense?

Also, make sure you use TOYOTA parts. Aftermarket cats are junk and the check engine light WILL be back on for cat efficiency. You can get aftermarket DENSO o2 and A/F sensors from some parts stores they are just as good as the TOYOTA parts, because they make them for TOYOTA.
AlloyToy wrote:Anyone know the law regarding emissions in Mass???? After how many years old do they do not check emissions??
In Mass anything 96 and newer get emissions. If it has OBD2 it get checked. Really no way to cheat, or get around it.

How is the frame in your Tundra? TOYOTA is starting to recall them. I got a new frame in my Tacoma, you wouldn't believe the stuff they replace! They use junk metal to build em I guess. I am a TOYOTA guy, I don't care what kind of trouble they have had recently. No other company would step up to the plate like they have!!

My two cents,

Nate
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Toyota only has two 02's not four? Two in the front, two in the rear? before and behind the cat?

This is what my ford has, two and two and I can not get my monitors to run and I do not have any codes showing up.
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

V8- 2 cats, one for each bank. One air fuel ratio sensor before cat both sides, one o2 sensor after cat both sides = 4 sensors total.

B1S1 B1S2 B2S1 B2S2=4 sensors

I don't know much about Ford, or how they're emissions stuff works.

Nate
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Off topic SORRY!

Nate
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Thanks for the info Nate. I got the recall to have the frame looked at. Looks fine to me. A guy that works for me though has to have his replaced. It's been a the local dealer for 2 months :hammer: They gave him a Camry to drive which he can't tow his boat with :hammer:

I'll have to bring it to a dealer to have the trouble shooting done. I know the inside of the tail pipe is all black at was never like that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic