No new Diesels for me....

Truck and Trailer discussion
welder
Site Admin

Re: No new Diesels for me....

Post by welder »

What did ya do with your old truck?

The way you take care of your toys , someone is going to get a good truck. :thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

After the dealer/Stealer said that he would sell my old truck to one of my buddies (I get the sales tax credit for trading it in) the Stealer rethought about it and Jumped the price three thousand more than he had paid me for it. The deal that the stealer and I had agreed to was one thousand dollars more. Took three days of arguing with him by both me and my buddy Plus threaten him with the Better B, Attorney General, and the Ford headquarters to get him to commit to selling it. My buddy has it now. There was some body damage on it. I use my truck and last year at this time I attempted to turn around on my drive way that is steep. The trailer had 4 ton of dirt in it when it started to slide and jackknife on the hill that I call a driveway that's not paved. (crushed asphalt) The truck ran like a top; it just was not very pretty. :banghead:

No Ethics. I will not be recommending friends to that store nor buy from them either. Hand shakes mean that you stick to the deal but they do not have to. :shocked:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

John, I had my wife [ Claudia/Mrs welder ] drive my Cummins today to make sure she could handle it. She can handle a stick very well but I needed to show her how to handle the clutch in my truck .
We made it to 5th gear before we ran out of straight road , she was carrying on like a 18 year old boy in a MUSCLE CAR , she LIKES the POWER but it also scares her [ her rear end will bust loose real quick ]

Claudia will need more practice driving my monster .

Does this post sound a little kinky or what?????
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Looks like a daily driver to me. I hope that's not the daily commuter truck? And what are ya towing with it, a brick house????
I hope not, a light weight aluminum boat.

Just them tires are a charter fishermans boat and house payment.......at least this charter fishermans.

Thats enough to keep me from dating any chick for another 20 years. Pretty Sweet, I'd need silver though. My trucks already that shade of grey.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Looks like a daily driver to me. It is I hope that's not the daily commuter truck? WhyAnd what are ya towing with it, a brick house???? no My 10' truck camper and Boat
I hope not, a light weight aluminum boat.

Just them tires are a charter fishermans boat and house payment.......at least this charter fishermans. I understand.

Thats enough to keep me from dating any chick for another 20 years. Pretty Sweet, I'd need silver though. My trucks already that shade of grey.
That is why I am going on 29 years with the Same Woman. I do not need a new one that needs attention. :skillet:

Get an automatic, with the adjustable pedals for those challenged by Height issues
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
dave
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by dave »

I love my F250 with the V10.
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All !

I agree ......its all BS ........Take your old truck and repower it with a Cummins. It will set you back 20k but you will

have all the pulling power you need and you won't have to pay big property taxes for a new truck. I myself am looking into

a retrofit for my Silverado. At 1994 and in mint condition I would say a 3/4 ton axle and a 4bt Cummins with its trans

will do me just fine for pullin the Razor. Guys serious......man if you have a good sound platform , do you homework

and you can repower . Yes is is not cheap, but its a far far walk from a brand new truck ! Who the hell wants to spend 50K

on a truck to pull their toy ! Not me and I aint payin no damn property tax for that B**** either ! Some good planning and

a fraction of the money you can have yourself a puller and not be broke to DEATH ! Besides run the damn thing on Bio and

you are clean anyway. Who is dancing for these EPA freaks anyhow ! Next thing is they will have to treat the Urea wit another

catalists ! :deadhorse: You know enough is enough.......EPA ......You need a complete facelift and the people are going

to make sure it happens :thumbsup:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic