Electric boat trailer winch??

Truck and Trailer discussion
Gundog
Sponsor/Donator

Electric boat trailer winch??

Post by Gundog »

Anyone have one? My boat loads pretty good but I winch on the last couple feet and it gets tough right at the end I was thinking of adding a power winch if they are worth it.

Mike
21ftcc
Donator '09

Re: Electric boat trailer winch??

Post by 21ftcc »

I had one when I bought my boat. It worked nice for a few years but now I pulled it right off and put it in the basement. It wouldn't hold tight and the cable rusted up. I even changed the clutch washers and it still wouldn't hold. Not worth the money.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

If you can back the trailer in farther then to load/unload then adding some plastic to the front bunks will help a bunch.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Two speed hand cranker winch???
Mines a double cranker, and I can switch back and forth if I want with my handle, from fast and no power to slow and powerful.

Or just tell the wife/or female significant other, she needs to work on her pecs. So get out there and start crankin'.
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Gundog
Sponsor/Donator

Post by Gundog »

I have tried backing the trailer in further but the back of the boat will float off the trailer I have guides but I don't want to damage my graphics so they are not on the trailer. I have a 2 speed winch but believe me cranking that last 18" is tough. We back the trailer in fairly deep when I launch and that works good. I may have to put the guides on and watch the graphics because it will go on easy if we go deeper.

Mike
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Then do the two person retrieve , back in to get the boat started on the trailer then with the boat motor in gear to move forward slowly back the truck up to continue loading the boat . A little practice and you will have it down .

My 8' guide rails rub the hull and leave marks [ I have them touching ] The roller posts on the back of the trailer might work better for the graphics.

Or just power load the snot out of it :mrgreen:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
badnova

Post by badnova »

Why not try modifying the guides so you can put rollers on them to avoid damage to your graphics?
Just a thought
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic