Diesel F150

Truck and Trailer discussion
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

My Uncle [ 40+ years turning wrenches in Calif. ] has had many 60's and early 70's cars pass the SMOG test's at todays standards for NEW cars.

BUT , those motor's/Carberators are to easy to play with by Joe consumer so the Gov. dont want them.
Heck our Mustang with a 289cid got better MPG then the Nissian Fronteer my wife is driving now.

My Grand dad had a VW Dasher Diesel p/u and on the HWY at 55 mph [ the speed limit then] would get just over 50 MPG regularly.

My old boss's wife has had two of the new VW Diesels [ 1 bug and 1 4 door ] she has a lead foot , the bug would get about 42-45 mpg with her driving and the car is getting close to 50 mpg. She owns a currier buss. which is ALL driving.

And if we evolved from monkies , how come there are still monkies ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
wreckfisher

Post by wreckfisher »

My 08 Prius with 7,500 miles is averaging just over 51 mpg, all around! It's been as high as 54 mpg on a tank, and as low as 44, but that's still awesome comparatively. We do alot of travel hockey, and the room inside is amazing. The 02 duramax just sits now :(

All figures are hand calculated, and match up with the on board system. 9 gallons a week with over 450 miles traveled per week. The savings alone from the 22 mpg accord justify the payment...

Now for some sort of hybrid or biodiesel outboard... :wink:
The fish potters are killin me!
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Didn't want to argue with M1911, but the problem is where are these cars today.....no one wants a transportation module I guess.

That's what my dad called the diesel rabbit. Your correct welder, those things got good milage compared to todays cars.

Next up is multi-fuel vehicles. Then lighter carbon fiber, and newer combustion engines......then battery powered.

Ford needs to forget about some super charged diesel, and stop thinking drag racing and start thinking strong, and economical.

The auto makers really kill me.

There's a new 500 HP Mustang out there somewhere....for who?
Jay Leno?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic