Canuck tow rig.

Truck and Trailer discussion
Sculpin

Canuck tow rig.

Post by Sculpin »

There have been a few comments on various thread's that I am sure are knee slappin kind of comments about us Canuck's being almost as wealthy as the Alaskan's etc. lol.

Here is a shot of my tow rig. 1997 Ford F250 with a 7.5 litre big block gasser. Used to tow my boat and the odd hunting trip. Bought it for 5 grand and put 2 grand into it. Yes it burns gas like no tomorrow but it hauls my boat just great.

I can't affort the brand new truck's . I live in an 1150 square foot house with my wife and two teenage kid's, 2 dog's, and two cats. Works for us.
Last edited by Sculpin on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Re: Canuck tow rig.

Post by Sabs28 »

There is NOTHING wrong with running "Old Faithful" :thumbsup:. You are correct in saying that it sucks down fuel like no tomorrow, But my 04 F-150 goes from 12-13mpg to 8-9 towing my little Lund around. :banghead: Can't WAIT to get something HEAVIER!!!! :rotfl:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Who said ya'll were like those rich Alaskans??

I certainly can't afford a new Dodge. Mines "NEW TO ME" is an 08. And my last was a 1995, and before that I had a 1984.

Yep, and if it wasn't for a leaky porch on the back of my house, this shack might not break 1000 S.F. either.

What did Kramer say on Seinfeld, when he sold his refridgerator :?:

"I LIKE DEPRIVING MYSELF OF THINGS....."

Yeah, builds charecter I've been told.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

My last rig I ran for 18 years, F350 , 7.5lt, crew cab and now I'm in a '08 2wd dodge diesel . Oh yeah, I live in a barn. Wealthy forum owner here. :shocked:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Some went away to Uncle Sam's Country Club for 20 years. Played with Bombs and Jet engines to get a pee Powered Ferd. Life is good.

It also helps to work For Uncle Bill Boeing.

Pretty good for a Exdope smoking nonconformist high school drop out I think. :hammer:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Sculpin wrote:
I can't affort the brand new Dodge's like some of the folks on here. I live in an 1150 square foot house with my wife and two teenage kid's, 2 dog's, and two cats.
You are a rich man, John, as am I. You don't have to drive a $60K tuned diesel that tows a big alloy beast with a fort and you don't have to live in a castle, either.

Those that don't have, b i t c h about those that do. Something to think about, eh?
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Well, we've always done with what we had and so long as you turn that profit, why should anyone care how or what ya do? We took advantage of the enormous used travel trailer market and picked up units for pennies and now generate a healthy income stream, even after letting one of the daughters have the upper unit. Yea, that's her roomie hanging nekkid in inversion boots:

I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

That right there took my breath away for a sec . . .

now a pic that would break any cracker's heart, tore down the homestead this summer, so full of rats couldn't sleep at night, now livin' in a tent and using the neighbors crapper. Goat, feelin' for ya, understand uncle Bill is handing out bonuses this year, money must be oozing out the cracks over there in Everett
P8310008.jpg
P8310008.jpg (369.73 KiB) Viewed 14200 times
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
goatram

Post by goatram »

Chaps That is helping get me through the 5 months that I am not working. Dawg that is quite the castle :thumbsup:

Pete you are blessed :highfive:
John Risser aka goatram
2015 Ford F350 Dually
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Oh..........Geez. Sculp look at what ya did.

I guess I didn't help! But thought maybe you thunk I put you canadians in the same bracket at those rich alaskans. Which I don't think I ever did.

Let me get out in the wide azz open how it all started using that term, before ya'll start boo-woo'ing some more and making this thread look like a episode of LA. Housewives on the "time of the month" channel :!:

Being kinda sheltered in my "largest city in the country" (per land mass) in which I traverse maybe 1/100th of on a yearly basis, because it costs tooo much to go see a friend across town. I just found it utterly amazing that $300K plus boats were built to be used for such a short period of time. On my yearly budget, that would make each use worth alot!

I have come to learn, that I guess it's "worth it". But initiallly thought.........Ya'll are outa yer minds :!: That maybe before I figured out that each trip is like a commercial fishing harvest. "We don't get that here, plus there's hardly any fish!!!!!!!"
(Hence my wanting to M-O-V-E!)

And still to this day, would find a small boat worth it and more easier to own. And I guess I'd fish closer to shore, catch smaller fish, and easily venture out more......"Holy crap, sounds like what I do right now, in Florida!"

Okay, commence to the Jettywolf beatings. :deadhorse: Or sounding like the Oprah Network. :rotfl: :rotfl: Either one.

(before ya'll do that, re-read carefully)
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Ease up on yurself there Jetty, I take responsibility for starting the "Canadians must be rich" rumor in a prior discussion. Its just a Washington/British Columbia squabble thats been goin' on ever since those folks up there have started invading our malls and department stores down here 'cause they say everything is so cheap in the USA, like we're some kinda third world banana republic or sumthin'. Oh chit, I just realized, they're right!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I WANNA GO HOME!!! :banghead: BWA HA HA
goatram

Post by goatram »

Back away from the computer. Take a Deep Cleansing Breath of Clean Ocean Air. Now are we better with out all of the touchy feeling stuff. Dave you are rich. You get to fish almost daily and get paid for it. Bob play working on boats. John gets to live on a Island; make cool things out of metal that will last long after he is dead and gone. Me, I get to wok on planes and boats. The AK boys get Oil Money from the state based on Dependents so their toys are bigger. Life is good :beer:
John Risser aka goatram
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

goatram wrote: The AK boys get Oil Money from the state based on Dependents so their toys are bigger.
Oh god, here we go again . . . Jetty, you did start all this . . . more mea culpa's please! :nutkick:
Sabs28

Post by Sabs28 »

Les, I think it time to implement the "Group Hug". Is Bernie Focker a member????? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Sabs28 wrote:Les, I think it time to implement the "Group Hug". Is Bernie Focker a member????? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:mrgreen:
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Group hug.
Attachments
yellow_smiley_hug.gif
yellow_smiley_hug.gif (2.03 KiB) Viewed 13823 times
Lester,
Sabs28

Post by Sabs28 »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ME & MY BIG MOUTH :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Nice one Les.
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Yup. That free oil money we get from the state sure adds up. $1174 per member of the family last year...yup we are
RICH! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I grew up in a house where dad was the sole income provider. He was a teacher. There were four yard apes running around. The months with 31 days were tough. I still cannot eat casserole. I remember mom and dad calling a family meeting one spring. Dad had an opportunity to do some oil field work, but that would mean very few camping and fishing trips over the summer months and dad would not be around. It would have meant no more casserole and real milk from a carton. All four of us kids voted to have dad around all summer even though it meant less money and more casserole. I bet we spent half of the summer living out of the camper. Life was good. :thumbsup:

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Oh..........Geez. Sculp look at what ya did.

I guess I didn't help! But thought maybe you thunk I put you canadians in the same bracket at those rich alaskans. Which I don't think I ever did.

Let me get out in the wide azz open how it all started using that term, before ya'll start boo-woo'ing some more and making this thread look like a episode of LA. Housewives on the "time of the month" channel :!:

Being kinda sheltered in my "largest city in the country" (per land mass) in which I traverse maybe 1/100th of on a yearly basis, because it costs tooo much to go see a friend across town. I just found it utterly amazing that $300K plus boats were built to be used for such a short period of time. On my yearly budget, that would make each use worth alot!

I have come to learn, that I guess it's "worth it". But initiallly thought.........Ya'll are outa yer minds :!: That maybe before I figured out that each trip is like a commercial fishing harvest. "We don't get that here, plus there's hardly any fish!!!!!!!"
(Hence my wanting to M-O-V-E!)

And still to this day, would find a small boat worth it and more easier to own. And I guess I'd fish closer to shore, catch smaller fish, and easily venture out more......"Holy crap, sounds like what I do right now, in Florida!"

Okay, commence to the Jettywolf beatings. :deadhorse: Or sounding like the Oprah Network. :rotfl: :rotfl: Either one.

(before ya'll do that, re-read carefully)

Nice ole Ford Sculpin!
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

I didn't mean for this thread to become like Day's Of Our Lives. Although I guess I kind of started it :mrgreen:
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

LIKE SANDS THROUGH THE HOUR GLASS, THESE ARE THE DAYS OF THESE POOR BASTARDS LIVES

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Ya sure did :banghead:

at least now we know everyones sob story.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

More like , As The World Turns.
I have be from Alaska to Baja Mexico, California to Florida and most parts in between and I'm here to tell ya ....It's all relative where ever you live .
So Shut up, Go fishing and show us some pictures of your captures and boats, 10-4
Lester,
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

JETTYWOLF wrote:at least now we know everyones sob story.

Yeah I guess something good might have come from all of this. I realize I am a rich man after all to be able to converse with such great, helpful, and down to earth folks on this site :thumbsup: .
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

welder wrote:So Shut up, Go fishing and show us some pictures of your captures and boats, 10-4

Aye aye captain :beer:
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

welder wrote: So Shut up, Go fishing and show us some pictures of your captures and boats, 10-4
Speaking of pics. How is our chicken coop coming along? Man, it is flipping cold here. This below zero crap is getting old. Guess I better whip up a casserole for the kids. :popcorn:

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic