5083 Welded trailer

Truck and Trailer discussion
Pelagic Boats

5083 Welded trailer

Post by Pelagic Boats »

G’day all, been a while since I’ve been on here, and just thought I share some Pics of a new design trailer we are currently building. It’s been fabricated from 5083 plate and was 100% CNC router cut then folded in our press brake. We fully weld our trailers as the bolted one don’t seem to last here in Australia. Ill post a few more pics when it’s all finished.

Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Re: 5083 Welded trailer

Post by Sabs28 »

Looking Great so far. :thumbsup: :popcorn:
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

Show us some pics odf the boat beside the trailer!!!!!! PLS PLS!!! Good Looking trailer and plenty beefy! !
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Pelagic Boats

Post by Pelagic Boats »

Build pics of the boat are on our facebook page, feel free to have a look. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 685&type=3

Cheers Pelagic Boats.
Fisherman

Post by Fisherman »

I too, would like to see the boat. However, I do not have a Facebook account, nor do I wish to. If you could post pictures here, there would be a bunch of us thankful for that.
Pelagic Boats

Post by Pelagic Boats »

Ill see what i can do guys, ive noticed i have to resize the pics on this site? you should be albe to see the pics without a facebook account.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Fisherman wrote:I too, would like to see the boat. However, I do not have a Facebook account, nor do I wish to. If you could post pictures here, there would be a bunch of us thankful for that.
DON'T BELIEVE YA HAVE TO BE A FACEBOOKER TO LOOK AT A URL OF SOMEONE ELSES FACEBOOK.

-can easily tell, this boat isn't being welded in washington state.
Pelagic Boats

Post by Pelagic Boats »

JETTYWOLF wrote:
-can easily tell, this boat isn't being welded in washington state.
Yep no forward facing wind screen on this boat. :thumbsup:
Pelagic Boats

Post by Pelagic Boats »

Another boat pic for you all.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Dave Your jealous!

You need a fort.

The fish got you cornered on the surface

Fwd Faceing windows allow more Room.

Still this boat is a looker like some of your young ladies down under. Are those stock windows or made to order?
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

EEWWWW, I likez that bumper looking rail running down the whole boat. Nice, being a good looking intrical part of the boat.

So why aren't North American builders innovative like that :?:

Dive door. Hmmmmm, maybe to slide them 50 pound Redbass I catch, into? (see my signiture photo :shocked: )

C'C'mon. Not jelous about a cabin. But I am on that styling.

Goat, that's an idear for ya'.

Have your side rail bumper deals arched like that.

May make a real statement on "our" boxy looking boats. Huh?
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Post by Sabs28 »

If you look at the previous pictures that rubrail is hiding a welded seam. Function & fashion on that addition. :smitty: :clap:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

OH, I know...saw that, fer sure.

That's where the "different" design really started for me.
Pelagic Boats

Post by Pelagic Boats »

goatram wrote:Dave Your jealous!

You need a fort.

The fish got you cornered on the surface

Fwd Faceing windows allow more Room.

Still this boat is a looker like some of your young ladies down under. Are those stock windows or made to order?
the curves corner windows are a stock USA made window made by Taylor Made, the rest is custom made here in Aus.

Cheers Pelagic.
Pelagic Boats

Post by Pelagic Boats »

Sabs28 wrote:If you look at the previous pictures that rubrail is hiding a welded seam. Function & fashion on that addition. :smitty: :clap:
Your spot on, the bumper rail is sitting 1mm below the side sheet join, this allows us to weld the 2 side sheets and the rub rail in one pass.

As for USA styling, im amazed how different your Alloy boats are to ours, I don't mind the look of some of them and can see the function of them, but we would never be able to sell one Down Under, wheres the US glass boats are extremely popular down here. out of interest would there be a market for a boat like this in the USA?

Pic from another angle, note the double chine.

Cheers Pelagic.
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

YES I would entertain a purchase of such a fine vessel! Just don't know if I could afford it even if I bought it there...the shipping has to be steep, I would think! Save some by doing the power here and the electronics self installed. It will be nice to see this craft in a finished state...yes I have seen others posted here all being substantial and form follows function! Nice. Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

If not sending them here.......but bringing your "design & innovative thoughts" here.

As what Australian big game angler Dennis Braid did, when he sold the Chum Mate here "in plastic", a burley bucket for the transom.
His was my first one EVER, and it was on my old boats transom for 10 years, and I sold it with it. He of course sells tackle in California, and did that first.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, american boat company ever thought of such a thing. A chum chopper outside a boat????? Instead, the dumb azz'z here invent ways of chopping dead fish with electric grinders on a cutting board, that sits atop a rod holder. Really stupid!

I did though!
GOTZ CHUM?
GOTZ CHUM?
got-chum.png (180.33 KiB) Viewed 21657 times
And things like live wells outside the boat to make more room inside a small boat.
UNHEARD of, with aluminum builders of small craft!!
inshore alloy.
inshore alloy.
Origin-Boats-4x4-Livewells.jpg (56.42 KiB) Viewed 21657 times
BTW, I just came up with an idea :idea: :idea: while looking at these two small crafts. The rod holders on the boat to the right....if not already, couldn't those verticle rod holders also be made to be cleats, too :?:

My thoughts as a fisherman and boat owner is, "the best boats made are ones that when I look at it, every aspect serves multiple functions. It's how I have my whole boat set up. Instead of compromise, the best boats do lots of things and do they very well. From a cleat to a console, double duty is mandatory" And of what I see right here in these two small boats is a good example!

If you just worked for someone who wouldn't fight your ideas here. Ya may start a whole new way of doing things, in addition to good boat building practices already done. Any dog, can learn a new trick or two.

Ya never know.

Exceptions: No rugs on the decks, and the diamond plate used on decks? If so, doesn't seem to be as popular, here.
Pelagic Boats

Post by Pelagic Boats »

G'day all.

Been a very busy couple of weeks at the shop, but the boat’s almost ready for rigging. Some update pics for you all to have a look at.

pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

Now that is a great looking boat! What will the power be? What are you pulling it around with? Take note of the massive power pole...is all that because of your shop needs for power? Will really be interested in seeing this on seatrials...hope there is some video! NICE JOB!! :thumbsup:
Pelagic Boats

Post by Pelagic Boats »

Thanks Pjay9, we are very happy with the finished product. it will be powered with single 250 L6 Verado, we are towing it in the pics with a Ford Falcon 1tone ute. LOL the power pole is very common here that pic was taken out the front of the paint shop. There is a Boating Magazine doing a feature on this boat and there is talk of doing a Video, fingers crossed
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

All I want for Christmas is a trailer like that :!: :!: :!:

Ya think the boys in "Louisiana" would freak a little?

I think so. Might have to drive around the parking lot at the boat ramp while the Jettywolf's in the water still each trip. To show off that fine azz trailer.
speedboats

Post by speedboats »

pjay9 wrote:YES I would entertain a purchase of such a fine vessel! Just don't know if I could afford it even if I bought it there...the shipping has to be steep, I would think! Save some by doing the power here and the electronics self installed. It will be nice to see this craft in a finished state...yes I have seen others posted here all being substantial and form follows function! Nice. Capt PJ
20' container from NZ to US is only something like US$2,500. There is likely more ships going to and from Oz so possibly cheaper?

As the curved screen comes from the US, a cleaver way could be found to bolt the hardtop on or have it welded in place once it gets to the US, then the glass can be fitted. That would give teh possibility of either fitting inside a container (Hi Cube) or on a flat-rack for ease of shipping. If it was worked correctly you could use a 40' container and stack a couple of those little boats in there with it to share the cost of shipping across more than 1 vessel.

Not sure how the currency exchange works for you. I guess with the AU$ being worth more than the US$ it makes life a little more difficult. The NZ$ is only worth US$0.81, giving Kiwi builders an advantage as the shipping costs are negated by the savings through currency exchange.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic