FINALLY....America wakes UP!

Truck and Trailer discussion
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

FINALLY....America wakes UP!

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Care of Dodge Ram, or as they call the trucks, jus' RAM.

We're finally waking up? Australia as an example. 1/2 ton vehicles (and less) with smaller diesels :?:

I believe so.

The rest of the world will watch.

(even though I like big :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: )
[BBvideo 560,340]http://youtu.be/6h3QUpHUMDo[/BBvideo]

THIS IS WHATS SO... "FINALLY"
Here's the Ram 2014 HALF TON 3 liter diesel Truck for PULL POWER PEOPLE.
[BBvideo 560,340]http://youtu.be/lPGECrBvnS4[/BBvideo]

In Florida.....pull off the emmision Bull crap (if still EZ to do) and gain even mo' HP.

GOPRO FOOTAGE INCUDED

EVEN THE RICE BURNER BRANDS ARE JUMPING INTO THE MARKET........Fuel costs and such must be pushing all this.

NISSAN/CUMMINS. Say it ain't so. (wannabe's. I was talking AMERICAN companies at first then, I saw this SHOCKER :shocked: :shocked: )
[BBvideo 560,340]http://youtu.be/IGvqkcJuC18[/BBvideo]
MacCTD

Re: FINALLY....America wakes UP!

Post by MacCTD »

Doesn't Fiat own Ram now? so is it Italy that woke up? and most Ram trucks are built in Mexico. Funny to be making "rice burner" comments when Toyota and Nissan at least build their trucks in this country.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Indeed MacCTD, Fiat bought the 6% the Admin held to accrue a 53% stake or control of Chrysler. I still can't get by the $1.3 Billion the Citizens, thanks to the Liar in Chief, lost of THEIR $$$$.

As far as the new diesel, I think it will find fans. I know I prefer a gas sipper to do the running around in and for inland boaters, that rascal will easily tow 95% of all lake boats. This small block diesel power will find a place if it isn't priced absurdly. For marine apps, the builder of this engine is big time in the Marine bidness, so for the mid-size cabin/cubby crowd these little smokers might provide another option.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

MacCTD wrote:Doesn't Fiat own Ram now? so is it Italy that woke up? and most Ram trucks are built in Mexico. Funny to be making "rice burner" comments when Toyota and Nissan at least build their trucks in this country.
When I get in it, it's American to me.

My Ford's were built in Canada and Mexico. But it's American to me.

This size diesel will fit alot of outdoors folk. Thats the point.

Finally, a diesel truck for the majority of people who want dependable pulling power and good mileage.
speedboats

Post by speedboats »

JETTYWOLF wrote:
MacCTD wrote:Doesn't Fiat own Ram now? so is it Italy that woke up? and most Ram trucks are built in Mexico. Funny to be making "rice burner" comments when Toyota and Nissan at least build their trucks in this country.
When I get in it, it's American to me.

My Ford's were built in Canada and Mexico. But it's American to me.
To which government do the workers pay their income tax?

Both Nissan and Toyota make their own diesels which we see in their vehicles here (Nissan Navara, Patrol. Toyota Hilux, Landcruiser), even Volkswagon make their own for the Amarok. I wonder why they don't make the US market? I suspect the only way the 'Rice Burners' could use diesel was to contract a domestic company to supply them.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Its all about the ENVIORMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY here in the US. Another corupt governmental over lord.

Diesels get so stiffled with pollution control devices and the cost is for some unknown reason way higher than ETHANOL laced gasoline, for diesel.

So most I believe don't bother with it here.

Hence my original post.....America wakes up?
speedboats

Post by speedboats »

I wonder if it really is the fault of the EPA. Toyota makes their own D4D motor, which is a 3.0L 4 cylinder disease-al that they put in their Hilux (built as a Tacoma in the US), to comply with the Euro-5 emissions laws. It is a high pressure common rail motor and even the smell is different. They poke a reasonable amount of power too. The Euro emissions regs are on par if not a little more stringent than those of the EPA or CARB (one of the reasons I would not move to CA. if I emigrate to the US). Perhaps it is more the fault of trade tariffs like those of the 'Jones Act' which restrict what can be imported to the US in an effort to protect local indusrty (which has been mainly farmed out now anyway).

As you say, perhaps 'industry' has 'woken up' to provide the market with a mid-size disease-al option.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic