NE BREEZE MEANS COOL DOWN, more fishing video

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

NE BREEZE MEANS COOL DOWN, more fishing video

Post by JETTYWOLF »

They say it never even hit 90 degrees.....and since bizness is as dead as the J-ville's economy. I seem to have every Monday open for myself.

I DO NOT FISH WEEKENDS, if I have my druthers.

Here's some more Redbass and Trout action I squeezed out this river. 7/18/11
http://youtu.be/0qTEbu8YPto
Plus Cruise liner footage, heading to Bahamas.
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Re: NE BREEZE MEANS COOL DOWN, more fishing video

Post by Tin Cup »

Capt Dave,

What baitcasting reels are you using in this video for the trout? Do you use the same when targeting redfish? Nice job on this video. :beer:

Eric
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Hey Tin.....Yeah, I use all my smaller and larger, low profile reels for everything.

I'm a big time baitcaster, have been since I was about 7 years old. Don't own a single spinner, doesn't give me the control I need.

I own about 25 Low Profile reels, and my "PERSONAL Favorites" are the older model Shimano Curado 300 DSV's. I've landed Manta Rays to Sharks to Trout and 40 pound Redbass and Tarpon on them.

They are "inside", the same as a Shimano Calcutta round reel, and have about 18# of drag, I believe.

I also in that video was just using my Shimano "CITICA'S"........a tiny lil reel, with huge speed and power for it's size.
Super casting, and very durable. Reels for Trout vs Redbass?? Nope, I use them all for all fish.

The smaller Citica's Whooooped them big Ole Redbass! Matched up to my "fairy wands" I love it!

Shimano's that are low pro's, that are also super saltwater worthy are the Curado and Citica, Chronarch, and the newest Cheyenne (Graphite). I only use low pro reels with aluminum frames, rather than graphite.

Shimano's that are casting reels, start with a "C", spinners start with an "S". Trollers start with a "T".

I have 8 year old Citica's that my charters use and are beat to hell and back and still kickin'. But I also take very good care of all my equipment also.
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Post by Tin Cup »

I'm looking for a lightweight bottom fishing setup for fluke, scup, seabass, tog and was starting to lean towards ABU. Seems like pretty good quality/value. Definitely will go with a baitcaster (was looking at the ABU C3) but had not considered the low profiles, I guess I think of them as freshwater reels. I will check them out, looking to get something this week. Whatever I get will likely get matched with an ugly stick of some sort.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Hot damn......a Curado 300EJ large handle 6.9:1 ratio and a light weight Trevalla - S casting rod.

LIGHT & POWERFUL is the name of the game here.

Garcia??????? "Step out into the light......and into higher tech!"

-here's what I'm talkin 'bout.

BBBBBad to the BBBBone!

BEST PRICES RIGHT NOW ARE ON EBAY!
<<<<<<<<<this price right here cannot be beat!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHIMANO-CURADO-300E ... 4cf7df8601

Shimano Trevalla-S rod in action:
http://youtu.be/xmJRvgO4kv0

SHOPPING LINK: TREVALLA-S rods: http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CFQQ8wIwAQ#

Trevala S utilizes a new proprietary construction type called C4S. C4s results in incredible hoop strength and incredibly sensitive rods. Because of this construction we can use tiny rod diameters. These new smaller diameters lessen the overall weight which allows you to focus on fighting the fish and not your tackle. There is a Trevala S for fishing every new size of Shallow butterfly jig spinning and casting configurations are available. These very specific actions make success an even greater probability when spot fishing sunken stone outcroppings and wrecks. You will be amazed what these little rods are able to conquer.

If I had my druthers, this is all the light bottom rod I'd need. These are NOT just for jigs, but rather all kinds of dropping "whatever" to the bottom. Round here, I fish nothing but "JIG-HEADS" if I'm going for Seabass, Snapper etc.
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Post by Tin Cup »

Love it, I just can't justify the price.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

There's a fine line between radical angler, and a line wetter. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Guess which one I am :nutkick:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic