4/3 - "THE TRAVELLER" aboard the Jettywolf

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

4/3 - "THE TRAVELLER" aboard the Jettywolf

Post by JETTYWOLF »

4/3 - A PERFECT DAY...with the Traveller.

What a day!

This is what happens when I get to do a "one on one" genuine guided Charter. Plus, Bob is a 100% angler.

-Perfect weather
-Perfect tide
-Not one Bluefish
-Just one Ladyfish, all day.
-Got as far away from the inlet as possible.
-A weekday!

Started the day off fishing a rock pile covered in Trout, using "poppin corks" and live shrimp. The first cast was a Trout, and the the last cast of the day was also a Trout. Total was nearly 20, easily getting a 2 man limit of 12 up to 20 inches.
Plus a 2 man limit of Redbass from 18 to 24".

Basically had a "full box" by 9am. So we hit one more spot and caught a Trout and Ladyfish. Made a move and before anchoring procured a livewell full of medium mullet around 6-7". Pulled out to a Redbass area and pitched them out on light casting outfits. The current was not moving yet, so we had a few snacks and drinks and when the tide turned, it was "balls to the wall" BIG BULL REDBASS action.

Lost the first two, but then started putting them in the boat. Each and everyone pulled the 30# Boga-grip scale past the 30 pounds that it weighs. My estimation, at least 40 plus pounds about each one. Super Fun on light tackle and live mullet.

This is the way to do a "spring break" weekday! With just Bob, I was able to get really flexible. And Bob being an avid angler himself, always makes it easier.

Bob won the Greater Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament "aggregate division" last year in his 18' Boston Whaler with the help of his regular tournament partner. And he also places in many local kingfish tournaments, usually being the smallest boat. He says, his secret is "going back to the basics of Kingfishing...."

Our last charter was back in November of 2010. Bob knows when to come and get in on the "best" bites. Our last trip was a big Red and Black Drum waylay! Here's the report from then, from my "archives" listing along the right side bar of this blog: http://www.blockurl99.blogspot.com/2010 ... r-all.html

YOU HAVE TO FISH, WHEN THE FISH ARE CHEWIN'.

Bob keeps up with my ""daily reports"", and knows when to call me.

Poppin' cork Redfish & Trout, shallow rock pile fishing. From first cast to last cast it was FISH.
The fish box was filling by 8am!!
All super eaters
We think this was the smallest of the BULL Redfish.
Pretty T-ROUT!
END OF DAY, 2-MAN LIMIT OF TROUT AND REDFISH

VIDEO:
BIG REDS...light casting tackle, for Bob "the traveller"

http://youtu.be/LRRknq8uXsM
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: 4/3 - "THE TRAVELLER" aboard the Jettywolf

Post by AlloyToy »

Yeah Baby :thumbsup: Who let the dogs out!!!! :clap: Well Done :beer:
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Post by Sabs28 »

Nice job Dave, Keep them coming.. :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

10-4.......... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AS LONG AS I CAN GET PEOPLE LOOKING FOR QUALITY, VERSUS TREATING THE JETTYWOLF LIKE A "INSHORE PARTY BOAT"
THE CAMERA SHOULD KEEP ROLLIN'.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic