JETTYWOLF, Non-jetty fishing.

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

JETTYWOLF, Non-jetty fishing.

Post by JETTYWOLF »

The inlet has been total JUNKER-FISH-O-RAMA since it turned summer in April (Yeah way too soon)
75 degree water temps.

So, till the King Mackerel, Cudas, and Bonita show-up on close in reefs. I have been fishing in the river 12 miles south of the boat ramp. A long run for me.

Here's some recent catches:

Everyday is a struggle to find lots of trout around here, this time, this year. UNLIKE LAKE PONTCHARTRAIN, LOUISIANA
Jon-Jon, out fished his bass pro dad this day

Did a TWO hr. kids trip with these two 5 year olds and they double teamed this Black Drum and several Ladyfish.

Had Hollywood Dave, he was from Hollywood and in the movie biz out there and he caught the 1st ever "speckled sea trout" with NO speckles!! The fish doesn't look it, but it was a stud at 23".
This day as soon as the wind started howling, the bite was over!

SURE SIGN "it's Summer!" Blacktip sharks at the jetties. Here's the first one of the year caught on a fairywand of a spinning reel and rod, with a live mullet.
Hard earned Jetty Trout & Redfish, between all the junkfish.
Wish I was on the banks of Lake Pontchartrain, instead of here!

After a good rain the day before, we found a about 10-15 Trout, and I caught one on a Larry Dahlberg River2Sea "WIDEGLIDE" subsurface plug:
What "skin cancer victims" look like after dealing with it to protect themselves down here:

I hope to get offshore and do some Reef chumming soon:
Targeting King Mackerel and Cudas.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: JETTYWOLF, Non-jetty fishing.

Post by AlloyToy »

Smiles in every pic not bad at all :beer:
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Re: JETTYWOLF, Non-jetty fishing.

Post by Sabs28 »

Nice report Dave :thumbsup: :clap: :highfive: . Finally put some good run time on the old girl.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic