Super busy Holiday week

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Super busy Holiday week

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Cool, and right on time. This is what I live for. Fished the entire Thanksgiving week with fantastic success.

Monday started out iffy, with cold and high winds. But the lady angler aboard caught what "we" would consider round here a Trophy Sized Croaker, at 18". The simple up and down fishing was perfect for this crew, and the Croakers were on the feed bag, and the Trout weren't. They boxed over 40 over 12 inchers for a fish fry.

From Tuesday on....it was Trout Mayhem aboard the Jettywolf, along with a few good sized Redfish
Talk about fun, Ken & Mike were at it all day long, because it was Georgia against Florida. Georgia won, with more Trout and larger Trout, with a big Redfish tossed in.
"the perfect inshore light tackle fish" - EZ cleaning, large fillet, boneless, skinless, and finding large ones are challenging as all hell :!:

The day before Thanksgiving I had regular "Traveler Bob" from N.C. aboard for Trout and Redfish....
ImageHERE'S WHAT MAKES THESE FISH A PREDATOR.....they eat a 2" live shrimp, while their bellies are BULGING like the one above, with a 6" Croaker it just ate :!:

Then came the day after Thanksgiving... Pure BIG Trout Mayhem at the Mayport Jetty rocks. With Tim and his son Steven. It was an EPIC bite. Our day and limits were filled and were done at noon!
BEAUTIFUL SUN-UP. NO WIND, SLICK RIVER :!:
First spot, first "drift" of of his float-rig with live shrimp and Steve gets his azz kicked on light tackle.
BIG FAT JETTY TROUT
BOX FILLING..
24 inchers, make for a happy dad :!:

Could limits happen again before or by noon, the next day :?: :?: :?:

Sure did, as the Jettywolf had Ed and Ron aboard from S.C.
It was cooler and windy from the NW, but we did it again.
Ron said I want the BIG one, and he did it. Catching the 24 inch Trophy
I helped out with a 23 incher
Then Ron caught a HUGE ONE. He snagged a loggerhead turtle.

One more trip and the end of a long week of fishing (excluding Turkeyday) I'm starting to feel it by now. Up at 4:30am-5:00, and fish all day, then clean fish, then clean boat up, then eat dinner, then to bed.

But I ended the week with a short 2 hr kids trip......and they caught 4 Trout and 4 Whiting.

Jus' can't imagine how great it could be catching Trout, Redfish and more, like this 12 months a year. Maybe someday.
2 states west of Jacksonville :idea:
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Re: Super busy Holiday week

Post by Sabs28 »

Very Nice Dave. :highfive: :thumbsup: :clap:
welder
Site Admin

Re: Super busy Holiday week

Post by welder »

Dave, nice to see you have a busy week, well done and a great job on taking good care of Mr Turtle.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic