12/13 - Nastiness: cold, windy, raining:

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

12/13 - Nastiness: cold, windy, raining:

Post by JETTYWOLF »

No jetty fishing today. 20-25 kt winds from North. Blowing down all that cold nordic air. On top of it, rain.

Had an ole regular Tim from St. Pete aboard. Had to loan him an old Foul Weather suit, like I was some alaskan fishing lodge!
As he had zero, other than a sweatshirt and sweatpants with him.

When the wind is blowing, and it's a NEW MOON, and it's really nasty I go shallow water fishing. Put the Jettywolf up against the flooded marsh, for some WHATEVER fishing...Trout, Redfish, Black Drum in the Estuary area locally called the "mud hole", but the real name is Mill Cove. 4 miles long, of NO WATER. Sunken islands, oyster beds, and mud..lots of mud.

But protected from the cold slashing Nordic winds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2v49tnXdCE

Had fish after fish.
They might not be huge, but they had on the feed bag!

Here's a pic of a Pogie in a 17" Trouts stomach, and still ate a 2-1/2" live shrimp:
Tim's 28" Redfish, he was so proud of, and being a type 2 diabetic, almost sent him into a diabetic fit he was so excited.
He hasn't caught one in years. Because he's been ill and hasn;t been able to come see me in awhile:
Copper, from swimming in all that Tanin water.

Oh yeah,
I love cold and blowin'....."I thrive under adverse conditions!" :thumbsup:

I'm ready for Vancouver Island after a few days like this :!: :!: and a fishing tour aboard the new and improved "SCULPIN". Gotta catch one on those whacky azz looking fly reels...opps, I mean MOOCHERS. But just in case I'll bring my Shimano TranX, the reel the Terminator designed :gunner2: :gunner2: