Last vid w/ Drift Innovations...bye,bye!

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Last vid w/ Drift Innovations...bye,bye!

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Oh how I liked the DRIFT innovations waterproof camcorder with 11 MP photos, wide lens, remote, HD video, rubberized coating, LCD screen "BUILT-IN", working AUDIO that didn't need a seperate mic. And no fancy menu's.......

But I give things one shot. If they don't live up to what's touted, then they are canned. (Next it'll be RAYMARINE products :!: :!: :!: :!: )

This wonderful cam-corder kept getting moisture behind the small LCD screen, on the side. Which made looking thru the lens to line up a shot impossible, because the screen wasn't huge, but the moisture spot was! Hmmm, and the company said, "Just open it up and air it out". Yeah like that sounds like a genuine fix to me.......BBBB.Shet!

So this was the last day of use and I sent it back to where I got it. Because I did have plans of dunking it on a pole for underwater shots. If air get in, water will get in, right?

So, either way.

Here's it's last production. Heinous west winds, nearly a full moon tide, gawd it sucked. I spent more time trying to stay on anchor all day than actual fishing :!:

West 15 kts gusting to 25 kts blowing the same direction as the falling tide at another 4 kts and ya have an anchor (reef & rock, 25 pounds and another 25 pounds of chain...I'd be Laughed right out of Lake Pontchartrain with this thang!!)
reef-rock-anchor.jpg
reef-rock-anchor.jpg (156.25 KiB) Viewed 8346 times
But here it's my do-all. But doesn't work on muddy or sandy bottoms in heinous winds.

That just won't hold on a 2 or maybe 3 to one ratio. And I'm not gonna do a 7:1, because that'll be all the anchor line in the boat. And I have to pull it all in myself :!: :!:

GULF COAST, here I come. Each year I get a tad closer to not caring anymore. OH, that Gulf coast... :skipper: :skipper: :skipper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL0gMPfyx34
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Re: Last vid w/ Drift Innovations...bye,bye!

Post by Sabs28 »

Looked like another day on the boat out in the sun to me. :thumbsup: Enjoying the boat, catching some fish, hanging out with Doc Miller. A little wind never hurt anyone. Cheer up about your windy day Dave, Most of us are stuck in a building all day working, Except for Les, he is in a bucket truck, up in the air frezzing his arse off fixing power lines. :nutkick:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

You too can NOT do that....My sympathies, but someone has to be in a building workin' .

It was a lot longer video, but I decided to keep the language out, along with the rest of the BS that went with it.

One thing for sure. I won't be out again for awhile doing that, unless I'm making the big bucks.......Opps, went on Saturday in almost same conditions.
with 3 guys and yep. The moon/wind had us sucking wind again, too.
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Are you going to try out a GoPro?
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

N-O-P-E..........I'm not drinking that coolaid. (I figure I'd have to spend at least $600 for what I'd want if I used a GOPRO)

too many parts and pieces. Too much $$. Very Proprietary, and I do alot of "audio" with my cameras, and that's another problem with the GOPRO from what I have researched . Plus, I wanted a Remote that will turn the camera on/record, then off/stop recording.

That's a feature that I really need.

Not sure if GOPRO's do that.

And N-O-T interested in all that WiFi crap, as I don't have a smart phone and am not buying a smart phone anytime soon. I guess people have asked to run the whole camera off a smart phone app. Seems stupid to me. But hell, what do I know.

I want a few batteries, a few SD cards, and a waterproof camera with HD 1280, a good remote, and an added bonus would be a moveable lens that's wide angle. I want a mount that goes on a pole, and I don't want to have to buy "PROPEITARY" mounts!!! I have Ram style mounts on my boat already.

So, I ordered this one. It's real close to the Drift HD I had. And the remote is alot better.

http://www.sports-vue.com/sports-vue-360hd.html

we'll see. These cameras are like boats. HUGE compromises :!: :!: :!:
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

I hope you enjoy your new camera......... I still would add a water proof case. Interchangeable lenses will allow moisture to enter the camera. The briney be a cruel mistress.

I will be waiting for your new video and review :thumbsup:

I do not know the cool aid you are hating...... I still enjoy lime with the grandchildren.

I love my GoPro's
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Not "inter-changable".....selectable.

The coolaird I'm not drinking is all the bits & pieces of the GOPRO. What you do with the grankids ahas nothing to do with the Coolaid.

aka: Jim Jones, Mass murder, suicides..."THEY all drank the cool-aid". (spiked with poison)

Ya get it now?

UPS man ought to be here any minute with my new waterproof "all in one" camera. So I can test it on Sunday while no ones around.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

????????????? What does drinking poison have to do with GoPro ?????????? I sure wouldn't drink poison with the grandkids, lime coolaid is my favorite.

Is selectable by lense or digital???????

Looking forward to your test I hope fishing is involved. :thumbsup:

I like this GoPro fluke fishing video..........................................................
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

-""drinkin' the coolaid"" is just a euphemism, Mojo. Jus' like when I say, "them ribs are enough to make a bulldawg break it's chain!"

Possibly a southern thing.

(A euphemism is a generally innocuous word, name, or phrase that replaces an offensive or suggestive one.[1] Some euphemisms intend to amuse, while others intend to give positive appearances to negative events or even mislead entirely. Euphemisms are used for dissimulation, to refer to taboo topics (such as disability, sex, or death) in a polite way, and to mask profanity.

I'll leave it at that. And be filming weekly.

-------------------------------------------------

This is real Fluke...Long Island, "Fluke":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU4YmaDhNRk

Used this on my blog to show people that "flat fish" are NOT sedentary
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Ahhhhhhh........... Dem Fluke are drinking the buck tail cool aid. I like the Lime colored jigs :rotfl:

I like John Skinner's videos. If I had only one choice of lure to put meat on the table it would be a buck tail :thumbsup: Jig fishing is my mojo. Jetty do you use Berkley Gulps on your float rigs???? I bet the Nuclear Chicken would work.

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/products ... -shad-gulp
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

"euphemism"
Aint that when you get rid of people that need getten rid of?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

I thought he was saying........... "You feminism." ......... Fighting words if I ever heard them :rotfl:
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic