Pics for a change...GoPro's do take photos?

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Pics for a change...GoPro's do take photos?

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Sunday: 10/27

10/27 - BIG B-I-T-E-S...C'mon and get you some.
Had a late call Saturday as I took a break, and laid around just editing my last video of the Kentucky boys, out at the jetties. (see video below this post)

It was three guys here in Jax. at a training deal. They were from South Florida, East and West coasts.

WELCOME to bazzaro world Florida, fella's!

Needing a release. They said, they wanted some action, big Reds, and a all day trip.
I easily obliged.

Early Sunday, we departed.....once I got out of the baitshop parking lot in which I got blocked into. And ended up being "late". Yeah, usually I'm in the water and waiting on YOU. It was the other way around this morning. That'll not happen again.

I tried, not being an hour early. Didn't want to stand around in the chilly morning air at the boat ramp.
So I left a half hour later than usual from the house. By the time I got to the bait shop to just get ice. It was a weekend zoo.

Lesson learned.

Either way. It turned out to be a great day. Lots of BIG Redbass. One "keeper", which is the first keeper sized redfish I've had someone catch in a long, long time.

At least, 4-5 throwbacks. And it all started with a 25 pounder. (and all the over-size Redfish were caught by the least experienced guy on the boat. Ruben, was the Rookie. But had the best hand all day long.

Jeff, had his BACK SIDE handed to him when I decided to take a live Croaker and pin it to a 14/0 circle hook and let it swim behind the boat. He used my Shimano Tranx 500 PG reel on a heavier Ugly Stik, to do close quarter battle with a Blacktip Shark, that went 75-90 pounds.

ONLY AFTER, Steve hooked up a giant "spinner" Shark while catching large Seabass. On my lightest Ugly Stik!!! And had it on a 1/0 Matzuo sickle bend hook we used for the Reds, Croakers, Seabass, Whiting, and Yellowmouth Trout. He got 4 complete "SPINS" out of the monster. Airborne, splashing, and twisting like a Olympic athlete, before parting the 50 pound super braid line. WHAT A SHOW!

As I said, the guys must have caught a hundred Croakers, and Seabass. No matter if we used "cutbait"
versus using shrimp to try and stay away from them. They were ravenous. But provided endless action all day long. Between, big fish hook-ups...many were lost. Which is part of the game. Especially, if you have never fished at our Jetties before.

You will loose some huge fish. It's just that way. And we lost as many as were hooked and brought to boatside. Bent hook tips, broke leaders, straightened hooks....

The Mayport Jetties right now can be one hell of a challenge.

This ain't anything like that Lake, Pond or River, back home. That's for sure.

Here's some GoPro Hero 2 photos of the day. I normally don't use the GoPro to take photos. Just video's. But, from now on. I'm going too.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD......THE JETTYWOLF WORLD......AT MAYPORT JETTIES
pjay9

Re: Pics for a change...GoPro's do take photos?

Post by pjay9 »

Dave, is there a zoom lens on the GO PRO? Your images all have the W I D E bent look. Pics of people should be taken with a short telephoto, but may not be doable with GO PRO.
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: Pics for a change...GoPro's do take photos?

Post by JETTYWOLF »

pjay9 wrote:Dave, is there a zoom lens on the GO PRO? Your images all have the W I D E bent look. Pics of people should be taken with a short telephoto, but may not be doable with GO PRO.

No, and I like the fish-eye.....its the 170 degree lens.

These aren't meant to be Museum art.

Its GoPro art. I even cropped these a lot.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic