SCREAMER NEW MOON-"It was too swell"

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

SCREAMER NEW MOON-"It was too swell"

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Of course the weekend is even going to be rough, windy and rain(?) But later this week.
"During the weekdays, it's supposed to get nice."
The story of my life.
Thank goodness, I'll be fishing Tuesday, maybe Wednesday and Thursday!

BUT, here's me and Evan, a college Football player from Wisconsin out for a 1/2 day'er. We never even left the dock till Noon. Because of the S-M-O-K-I-N new moon tide!

Out in the "blue Mud" off the south Jetty the Whiting were ferocious! Not large, but there sure is alot of them little bastards. So, we dropped them in the box. Using cut clams and shrimp combo meals.
Then, as Evan was standing in the bow putting away his wallet in his back pack. I saw the rod twitch and it wasn't a "rod rattling" Whiting bite, but rather something else.

I thought BIG Black Drum. Evan had no idea about any of the species we catch. Just as long as it was a monster, it was Okay with him. Up until now, I told him you'll need one of those T-shirts that say; "I went to Florida and only caught a 12" fish." Joking. But of course, I was hoping he'd get a big one of course. As we sat in the 4 foot swells in the screaming tide, super brown water.

(Sat & Sun - I depart at noon also. Doing just a 1/2 day. No sense sitting in this tide catching nothing till it gets low.)

No Bikini's Babe sightings, just more "BS" Navy. :roflmao: :roflmao:

[BBvideo 560,340]http://youtu.be/Qu9dFd4jXmY[/BBvideo]
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: SCREAMER NEW MOON-"It was too swell"

Post by AlloyToy »

barefoot fishermen :doh: must be on vacation :rotfl:

That's a pig :thumbsup:
keggadev1
donator 15,17

Post by keggadev1 »

Looks like you could use a bigger net!
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Dave, we got to get you out here to run our bars and inlets . . . you'd be curled up underfoot in the fetal position begging the Lord for one more day on earth to make things right for all the stupid crap you've dished out . . . and yeah, its Saturday and I'm on my 4th or 5th . . . lost track
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Chaps wrote:Dave, we got to get you out here to run our bars and inlets . . . you'd be curled up underfoot in the fetal position begging the Lord for one more day on earth to make things right for all the stupid crap you've dished out . . . and yeah, its Saturday and I'm on my 4th or 5th . . . lost track

Chaps,

I did the bow footage hoping that it would turn out so you could see it's not always flat and calm here either.

BUT AS USUAL IT DIDN'T TURN OUT THAT WAY :!:

The Navy vessel hand it's anchor hanging off the bow....."jus' in case". it was bad enough!

So, no my plan of showing the swells for not even a windy day didn't work out.

and I bet there's other places that would make you go to fetal also....."there's always a one upmanship inlet somewhere."

personally I don't care. I just wanna run the gap from the Gulf of Mexico into Lake Pontchartrain, La. That's all. Then, I can die!
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

keggadev1 wrote:Looks like you could use a bigger net!

That nets been workin for 3 years. I like the challenge. Keeps things interesting. :doh:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic