How I use my boat... Jan. 6,7,8,10th revised

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

How I use my boat... Jan. 6,7,8,10th revised

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Is this where I put fish pix and reports??

I guess so, so here I go....

Had a wonderful few days. Didn't put a whole lot of $$ in the bank, because for some unknown reason people LOCALLY don't remember that the first two weeks of January is usually PERFECT weather. But like Jerry Sienfeld...I'm always an "even steven" and get by.

It's been 70-80 degrees!!!!!! Oh man how gooood it's been. Cool in the morning hot in the afternoon.

So, I fished with a regular client on Sunday and we had a blast at the inlet, catching Sheepshead, Limits of Speckled trout and Weakfish (yellowmouths) and finished up with 3 black Drum.

And here she is doing what I BOUGHT HER to do!
Rock crawl, baby! I get within inches of those 10 ton granite boulders and freak out my clients. Problem is, I've only seen them "UNDER"me once, and that was when dad and I got tossed up on them in my old 14' alumacraft. (hence, why I own an aluminum boat today)
She sticks out like a neon sign down here in Redneckville, but at the same time. After meeting me, most understand why I don't follow the crowd.

Then I went with a buddy in his shallow water boat up into a creek that I haven't fished in years (not since I had a 17' boat) and we threw DOA shrimp lures and he SMOKED my azz! He knows the creek, and knows it well, so I'll give him 1st place, and I'll just have to stick my tail between my legs and forget I went on this trip.

Since I was so beaten-up about not catching what I wanted to catch, I had to go redeem myself!! Hell I just caught a 7 pound Trout on Sunday, you'd think that would hold me for awhile........NOT!
So since no one is calling to book a charter (it's too nice outside, they only do that for crappy weather and then expect the world) I answered my emails, drank my coffee, and stared out the window at yet another perfect day (Jan 8th), that was to be TODAY! 80 degrees, no wind and I know where MY FISH ARE CHEWIN....at the inlet.
So I tossed a 52M-TT MirrOlure up to the jetty rocks, and fished my float-rig with live shrimp for my Trout limit (5) up to 6 pounds, a sheepshead and a bunch of weakfish (yellowmouths)

The weather is great, the fish are chewin (at my spots) and I'm hoping to make it through another winter season still sane.

So ole Ernie called me on Thursday morning again as I sat checking emails and surfing thru AAB.com - (this great site) and said Hey Dave lets go! Ernie is a dedicated blog reader. My daily reports Blog that is that gets thosands and thousands of hits per week. At: www.captdaves.blogspot.com - if your interested.
He's been reading how well the big Specks have been biting. We left at 10:30am on thursday and the bite was really slow. Front coming and after the new moon made for hardly no current.
But we caught Fish, just not enough fish, for my liking.

Yes, it was 83 degrees AGAIN...man what a nice day!

So that's my 4 days this week. And By The Way I hope to have the Times Union local Jacksonville Florida news paper's OutDoor Editor out on Tuesday with me doing a fishing story in the BIG ALLOY MONSTER.
This will be really good stuff.

Thanks to Les, we can chat about my favor thing, Plate Alloy boats! :D

So.....where are you fishing, and what'cha catchin in your alloy boat?
Last edited by JETTYWOLF on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

Great report Capt Dave!

Is that a stainless steel boat there? :lol: :mrgreen:

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic