I just love my Florida Edition BLM 26' CC

A Place to Show and Tell
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

I just love my Florida Edition BLM 26' CC

Post by JETTYWOLF »

My 10th year anniversary present to myself, for lasting in the charter biz in this town.

Visiting with Jay of BlackLab Marine in Maine, me and my dad went on a mini-vacation, to sea-trial one of the boats he just got in to deliver.
It was the best 2 days away from home I think I ever spent.

Ya want a great boat purchasing experience? There ain't nothing like going somewhere you've never been, to see someone you never met, and ride on a boat you've never seen.......at BLM you'll leave, one happy Cappy!
Maine in July, what a treat!
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Capt. Dave, isn't it beautiful country up there!!! Did you hit any of the pubs in downtown Portland?

"Dry Dock" One of my favorites. One of the books written by Linda Greenlaw (Perfect Storm co-Capt.) used this wonderful establishment as it's theme.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

was down that way looking around one day inbetween or after boat rides. Thats a cool area, for sure in Portland.....like going to the BIG city!

I hit a few tackle shops....not much of a tavern cruiser. Local fishing techniques and tackle are really my bag.

This where we stayed...in a cabin in outside Freeport.
Thats me eating a moonpie and having a cool beer on the porch. Faithful that my new ride will be at my house in J-ville in 3 months or so.
Man, that wait was agonizing!

FIREWOOD????? Hopefully not in July.....
C'C'mon!
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Man you look way to comfortable there for being self employed :D

Glad you got to enjoy the North............I bet you were sad to leave
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I'm sure that will have been my last trip I'll ever take for the next ten years.

Your right, I can't leave, can't do no vacations, and have to answer the phone no matter what 12 hrs a day.

I got to go up there, because we were having a 3 day, 1000 boat tournament here. The damn thing almost shuts me down in the middle of July every single year....I can barely do charters because of it.

It's a zoo. So dad and I left out and this was stratigically planned, to the last tee and penny.

Here's a great pic of me and Pop's with the light house behind us, on a boat ride that changed my life & attitude.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Pure Hapiness..........a change in scenery will do that to ya
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Dave,

Are you required to carry a life raft as a charter boat for the type fishing/chartering you do?

If so where do you keep it?

AT
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Hell no.....

That's over a "6 pak" and offshore only.

I quit offshore fishing years ago. Because even here in N.E. Florida you cannot make a living at it 12 months a year unless ya have a 60 foot boat. Too many rough BACK SIDE days!

And I used to try and do it in a 23 MayCraft.....oh those were the cold, wet and puke filled days. What memories. :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic