Ruggits alloy toy: Susan Kay Too

A Place to Show and Tell
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Ruggits alloy toy: Susan Kay Too

Post by spoiled one »

I will let Ruggit fill in the details of his sweet metal boat. Here are some pics he sent me:
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
warthog5

Post by warthog5 »

I just wish you didn't downsize the pixs so small. The should be 640 X 480.

These are 300 X 225 . Once you downsize them, you can't upsize them again. You would have to delete them in Photobucket and upload them again, then downsize to the correct size.
"Just 'cause it's New, doesn't mean it's worth a Damn."
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Looks like another beauty!!!! These boats are very eye catching.

The rails down the sides.......must add support to the sides, rub type rails, do they do anything for the spray off the sides?
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I would say the rails down the side are just for rubbing docks , pilings and eating FG boats.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

Very nice boat Ruggit!

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

warthog5 wrote:I just wish you didn't downsize the pixs so small. The should be 640 X 480.

These are 300 X 225 . Once you downsize them, you can't upsize them again. You would have to delete them in Photobucket and upload them again, then downsize to the correct size.
sorry, but this was the size that they were sent. She sure is puuurrrdddyyy.
Last edited by spoiled one on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
ruggit

Post by ruggit »

Thanks for the help Pete.

The propeller on my computer activist beanie spins very slowly.

The rails on the side are mostly show and for smacking docks and pilings. They help somewhat as stiffeners, and if a person liked to bang crab pots off the side they minimize denting. Truth is, they look cool. A couple of boats back, Josh Armstrong wanted to put just one on my boat, but I talked him into two for the cool factor. Bow and stern rails are inch and a quarter pipe which is about 1.66 inch od. Partly for cool, and partly for holding on to if really needed.

Two small hatches in the cockpit are fish boxes with mascerators, and center hatch is bilge access. Thinking about putting an 8d battery down there as a house battery for long weekends.

Boat is 29 overall with a 9 and a half beam, 150 gals fuel, single f350 with electronic controls in cockpit as well as helm, new 9.9 kicker with power tilt.

I was going to use a higher hp kicker, but we were pretty committed to the motor mount area when we realized there are only a couple of Yamahas that have a 25 inch shaft. Might have used a 20 or 40 if available. We'll see how the 9.9 works with all that cabin windage, and with a little help from the big motor.
Armstrong 29 with Yamaha F350
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

How bout it Jay??????

Post by JETTYWOLF »

With all these new bad BACK SIDE boats on here the spit just keeps rollin' down my chin!

I really wish I had those rails on my boat, because I do lots of dock bumping, and your right...man do they look cool.

Makes the boat look so RUGGIT!
--------------------------------------------

Jay, are ya out there??????

How could I get a rail on my boat????
UPS? or Fedex?
Can they be done as an after thought?
What would be the proceedure?

I'm getting a TON of rash on the side of my boat (rubbing of the Nyalic coating?) where as these would end that.

---------------------------------------------
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: How bout it Jay??????

Post by AlloyToy »

JETTYWOLF wrote:
Jay, are ya out there??????

How could I get a rail on my boat????
UPS? or Fedex?
Can they be done as an after thought?
What would be the proceedure?

I'm getting a TON of rash on the side of my boat (rubbing of the Nyalic coating?) where as these would end that.
Capt. Dave my guess would be formed to the hull at the factory???

MAN!!! Someone really did a nice job laying out that boat!!!! Very Nice!!!!
warthog5

Post by warthog5 »

Dave you have a couple of options.

Get them from the factory and have them welded on local by a T-top fabricator or just have the fabricator create and weld them on for you.

You will have to weigh the pricing out, but if you wanted some little extra or styling change then the fabricator would be my choice.

Maybe some extra rod holders?
"Just 'cause it's New, doesn't mean it's worth a Damn."
ruggit

Post by ruggit »

I think they are square tubing with one side cut off, or U shaped tubing. They put a few slices in to help bend them, and then fold the ends in for a finished look.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Dave , those rails would be better if they were formed to your Hull as they , A] will be mucho$$$ and B] each one is a custom fit.

Jay or Dan may be able to let you know what they use [ Material ] but keep in mind it will be a softer alloy to work it lkie that and that should/will be no problem.

Whis i had them on my hull. :)
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Shark Bait
Donator 08, 11, 15, 17

Post by Shark Bait »

Jetty: If it is too late, too hard or too expensive to put the aluminum rub rails on you boat you can always put some strips of 3/4" or 1" UHMW plastic on the side like an ACB.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I was thinking, they can make them at the factory and then a local guy could make any adjustments. I'd think that every hull is the same then they have them pre-made, maybe.

I've got a PM into Jay. (this is the real test to see if customizable and the word Alloy, can be in the same sentence.

Why would my boat be any different than another 26'.

Don't want any uglyness. Useful, "coolness" would be the idea.

Ya' know for all the "talk" about how great a ACB is their web site sure doesn't have much in the way of close-up and in-depth photos of the boats.

I met an ACB owner on another web site one time. Showed me pics of his boat on a Lake??? I wish he knew we're here. Maybe a shout-out to ACB is in order....?

----------

Okay, I just sent ACB an informative email. Let's see if they take the clue and join the only Aluinum alloy boat owners site in the world!!

Anyone else can and please do, send a quick email to a manufacture or a favorite dealer the info about our wonderful web site.

There's alot more builders that could benefit from a few of their owners being members here. If not themselves.
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Most of those rails are made from a standard fab profile called a "hull stiffener" available from Alaska Copper & Brass here in Seattle. You could buy a couple of 25' lengths and have them shipped out or you might be able to get them locally.

Beautiful boat Ruggit. Are you leaving it local or are you taking it to the lake?

1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

NICE

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Pete, Looks like your getting excited!

I like all the pictures and the pregress made...you must be droolllllliiiinnnnggggg to get in her. Looks sweet.

The U shaped extrusions look nice. I dented my Ironwood tunnelholm side on the port side hitting the dock as I left it one day because I was watching my corner riggers and not the boat. But, I used a 2x4 and a hydralic jack and pressed it out and you can't even see where it was. I think those U extrusions welded on would be nice.

Spring is coming! So are he Black Bears...?????
Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
ruggit

Post by ruggit »

We brought the boat over here last fall, and will keep it here for the time being. Trying to get the time off for the admiral and myself to take a trip to Port Hardy in the summer.

My 24 is probably going to Alaska with new owners when the weather eases up a little.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Chaps wrote:Most of those rails are made from a standard fab profile called a "hull stiffener" available from Alaska Copper & Brass here in Seattle. You could buy a couple of 25' lengths and have them shipped out or you might be able to get them locally.

Beautiful boat Ruggit. Are you leaving it local or are you taking it to the lake?

Chaps,

You can't get "----" in this town. They wouldn't know a "real" rub rail, from a steering wheel. People around here have their heads so far up their azzez, it's unreal. 6 months ago we just got a Gander Mountain Outdoors store and it stocks maybe two types of foul weather gear (rain suits), and when we get rain, it's Forrest Gump.....BIG rain.

I order EVERYTHING from other places.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic