Pacific 26ST rigged for West Coast-style fishing

A Place to Show and Tell
Tin Man

Pacific 26ST rigged for West Coast-style fishing

Post by Tin Man »

We worked with Julie at Pacific Boats and Kenny at TradeWind Inflatables to build a boat to fish off of San Diego and Baja California. The boat has a 46-gallon live-well, outriggers and a downrigger. The center console is set a little further forward to allow room to fish around the bait tank at the rear of the boat. The boat is still roomy enough that we can walk around 360 degrees even w/ a 200-quart ice chest at the front. We also have a transom door to provide easy access when we dive and/or spearfish.

The link below will take you to boat photos.

Mark

http://web.mac.com/fishyogi/Site/Pacific_26.html
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Beautiful rig, just remember where those are coming from and we can cut off the supply anytime we feel like it. Its called the alloy cartel and just think of Washington State as the Saudi Arabia of fine metal boats. A little bit of groveling and begging will keep the pipes open . . .
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Very Nice Rig!!!
skfmj

Post by skfmj »

Mark

It that the large lid for the Offshore tank?

Richard
Tin Man

Bait Tank LId

Post by Tin Man »

I think it's a non-standard lid made by a sub-contractor for Offshore. I wanted a little more surface area than the standard lid offered plus this top has four cut-outs for drink holders.

Mark
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

What's that cooler up front a 200 SSI??
They sure are nice, I had a 186 before they went to the 200 for 10 years on my old boat. Really durable, and refrigerator like. Not one complaint from me out about that cooler.

The 330 is enormous.

Great pics....but still doesn't look done yet. I see no scrapes and bangs! :roll:
Tin Man

Post by Tin Man »

Good call - it's the 200. The 330 is huge! the 200 is 48" wide which is the same width as the center console. The 26ST forward console typically has a little pop-out bench that serves as seat plus some additional storage. I asked Julie to build this boat with a flush console so that I could have more room up front for up to two ice chests.

Mark
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I knew there was something different.....so that was it. The seat on the bow!

10-4, more :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I recieved no comments on my disertation on fuel prices versus California and alloy boat owners. I tend to run off on observations.... :arrow:

My dad was floored when he was there last week.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic