Boat shopping

A Place to Show and Tell
Fearnofish

Boat shopping

Post by Fearnofish »

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and am looking to purchase a fishing vessel. Anyone know of any 18 - 21 ' Quintrex for sale?
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: Boat shopping

Post by JETTYWOLF »

where ya fishing in Pa. ?

You could probably get by with a comfy size SeaArk couldn't ya?
Fearnofish

Post by Fearnofish »

Actually, we're fishing Chincoteague,VA, Buzzards Bay,MA and Raritan Bay,NJ. Right now we have a 16' Starcraft but have seen a Quintrex and would be interested in upgrading.
Challenge
Donator 08, 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Post by Challenge »

There was a 20' black lab on the cape for short money not too long ago! I'm not sure if it sold, I think that I have the guys email if you would like it. Welcome to the site and keep looking there are a lot of good options. Rick
CTMD

Post by CTMD »

Do you own a welder? Designed for the home builder.
Attachments
Kimb-small.jpg
Kimb-small.jpg (90.2 KiB) Viewed 6065 times
Chris Tucker Marine Design
Your Boat Your Way.
www.ctmd.com.au
nabeelah

Post by nabeelah »

Is this your design Chris?? Its a neat & nice little rig!!
CTMD

Post by CTMD »

yep one of mine. This was the prototype of the new "Kimberly" for Boab Boat Hire its designed for commercial coastal use and was our third commission for this client.
Your Boat Your Way.
www.ctmd.com.au
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Post by aluminumdreamer »

Do you sell the plans for that hull? Is it possible to build it without that casting platform up front? Final question is it self bailing?

I like that hull, simple and durable looks. Nice!

Nate
CTMD

Post by CTMD »

Yes yes and yes to those questions. Send me an email. Chris@ctmd.com.au to discuss options

edit:

Longer answer, previous one sent from my phone. The hull was designed as a very much all purpose platform to maximize its potential use as a hire boat. We can get rid of the large casting deck but typically fit a small step/box at the bow where the hull structure would otherwise start to intrude through the sole. Again this doesn't have to be there it is just how we normally draw these boats.

All my boats of this sort of size are drawn with self draining decks unless driven in another direction by the client. The sole on this boat will be 6 inches above the waterline when fully loaded as this is an Australian commercial boat survey requirement.

If you order a set of plans based on an existing vessel off us, what I do is send you the GA (like the one attached) and get you do draw on any changes you want made. We then make the necessary changes to the drawings and cutfiles and send them to you to review. Once you say you're happy I send the cutfiles directly to your designated cutter. During this process I'll ask questions like where do you want rod holders and what size holes do you need for them. What instruments do you want to fit and check locally available sizes of scuppers etc. The idea being to pre-cut/drill as many holes as possible. If you look closely at the interior photo below you'll see the index makes engraved on the topside panels showing where to fit the shelves. Much to my horror we've had people build our boats without ever looking at the drawings or using a tape measure.
Attachments
bow.jpg
bow.jpg (63.35 KiB) Viewed 6015 times
Internal.jpg
Internal.jpg (84.44 KiB) Viewed 6015 times
Kimberly2.jpg
Kimberly2.jpg (55.48 KiB) Viewed 6015 times
Your Boat Your Way.
www.ctmd.com.au
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic