DRY BOX

A Place to Show and Tell
pjay9

DRY BOX

Post by pjay9 »

I mentioned that I was picking up a dry box in Twin Falls, ID on my way thru. Now that I have some spare time I will give a report. It is 22x16x12 and cost 150. It has double lid seals the pics will show the details. All the hardware is stout and bolted with SS aircraft nyloc nuts. It has well thought out details such as folded top lid edge to give good bearing surfaces for the seals. Good handles that are spring loaded...for my use they will not be needed...I am going to use it as a lockable storage box on the trailer tongue for straps, chocks, waderboots and such stuff that doesn't need to go in the boat and gets in the way in the truck. I will most likely add some small clamshell vent cowels to provide a measure of venting if something is stored wet. But the top will not allow any water to get in a big help over my old HDPE box that was cracked and warped.

This box will be a useful and nice looking touch to the total rig...I'll post images when it is finally installed. NOW the pics.

There you have it...manfacturer's site is on the box in the pics above. I like it! Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: DRY BOX

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Pretty sweet. Now if they only made that thing into a cooler. I could use one. Need gold nuggets to buy those new fangled coolers like the Yeti, these days. I figured it out......for the size Yeti cooler I want I can buy 16 Igloos.

I'll visit there site and bookmark it.
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

I have been thinking of getting one of those but a little bigger, they sell them on eBay, http://cgi.ebay.com/New-aluminum-dry-bo ... 563df73e3a
Are the latches and handles just regular steel?
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

MacCTD wrote:I have been thinking of getting one of those but a little bigger, they sell them on eBay, http://cgi.ebay.com/New-aluminum-dry-bo ... 563df73e3a
Are the latches and handles just regular steel?
Now that is a good question...If I had a magnet, I'd be able to partially answer that! Won't know for a while anyway.
This one is just the right size so it clears the winch handle and can be opened without hitting the bow. I mount it so the lid opens away from the middle, other words the hinge is facing out. Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic