AMF - Hyundai SeasALL S250

A Place to Show and Tell
amfboats
Sponsor

AMF - Hyundai SeasALL S250

Post by amfboats »

Here is a recent project, and the Media release Hyundai Put out about it.
AMF_HyundaiSeasAll_running3 s.jpg
AMF_HyundaiSeasAll_running3 s.jpg (243.64 KiB) Viewed 7980 times
AMF720S250 s.jpg
AMF720S250 s.jpg (298.58 KiB) Viewed 7980 times
For Immediate Release

The first new build install of a Hyundai SeasAll S250 marine diesel has been installed into an AMF 720 Pro Sport in Tauranga.

The boat, built for a repeat AMF customer and is the first 720 Pro Sport built with a diesel sterndrive.

The boat is to be used extensively off the Tauranga Coast, and even going as far as Waihau Bay on the East Coast, and will be used primarily for game fishing, trolling and bottom fishing. Since being launched in early January, the boat and engine has accumulated 46 hours of running time and used an average of 10L/hr of fuel.

The S250 Hyundai SeasAll marine diesel powers the 720 Pro Sport to 37 knots @3800rpm and using just 37.8L/H. At a trolling speed of around 6.5knots @1000rpm, the S250 Hyundai SeasAll consumes 2.5L/H of diesel.

The Hyundai SeasAll S250, is a 3.0L V6 Common Rail diesel and produces 250hp @3800rpm and 490nm of torque @ 2500rpm. On the 720 Pro Sport it is coupled with a MerCruiser Bravo III sternleg.

Brian Collings of AMF Boats says the acceleration and power to weight ratio of the Hyundai S250 is and is one of the most impressive attributes of the engine.

“The figures are certainly the best I’ve seen for quite sometime, the engine is very lightweight and delivers great torque and power right through the rev range. There’s certainly no turbo lag from when you put the throttle down, the power comes on very quickly,” says Collings.

“I had a feeling that the engine would be good, but it has definitely exceeded my expectations. There is a lot of useable power right through the rev range, the customer couldn’t be happier.”

“We’ve powered a lot of boats over the years with a lot of different engines, both diesel and petrol outboard, with the ease of the actual install itself on this boat, and all these great numbers we’re seeing, we’ll definitely be looking at installing another engine into another AMF boat soon.”

Hyundai SeasAll Business Development Manager, Mark Harrison says the AMF 720/S250 results were very pleasing and matched all expectations.

“At the core of Hyundai SeasAll’s diesel technology is performance, fuel efficiency and reliability. We expected this boat and engine combination to set some performance benchmarks and to become a class leader, it certainly has delivered,” says Harrison.

“With its impressive power to weight ratio and fuel efficiency the new Hyundai SeasAll S250 is a motor that is going to suit a wide variety of applications from recreational to light commercial.”

“We see reliability, performance and fuel efficiency being a key factor in attracting users to Hyundai SeasAll. The Hyundai brand has an enviable reputation for innovation, quality and reliability and this is clearly flowing through to the marine division.”

Harrison says the availability of fuel at wharfs is a contributing factor in people’s decisions to use diesel engines in vessels.

“For boaties who are wishing to venture further a-field then a diesel inboard is a very good option, particularly when you look at the availability of petrol on wharfs, and there are obvious safety advantages of using diesel. What’s more, you get excellent economy without sacrificing performance.”

Currently there are two engine series in the Hyundai SeasAll range, the V6 S-Series and the four-cylinder D-Series, with more engines to join the range later in the year.

ENDS

Engine Specifications

Model: S250

Output: 250hp @3800rpm

Torque: 490nm @ 2500rpm

Cylinders: V6

Displacement: 2959cc

Turbocharger: Electric Variable Geometry Turbine (E-VGT)

Bore: 84mm

Stroke: 89mm

Compression ratio: 17.5:1

Injection: Common Rail Direct Injection (Piezo injector)

Alternator: 150A

Weight: 334kg

Performance Figures

RPM Knots LPH

680 4.4 1.3

1000 6.5 2.5

1500 8.9 7.9

2000 13.4 15.5

2500 21.8 20.4

3000 29.1 26.9

3500 34.7 33.0

3800 37.0 37.8

AMF 720 Pro Sport

LOA: 7.5m

Beam: 2.45m

Deadrise: 18.5 Deg

Hull: 6mm

Sides: 5mm

Transom: 5mm

Hull Weight: 1400kg

Towing Weight: 2500kg

For further information:

Mark Harrison

Business Development Manager

Allpower Industries – Marine Division

T: + 64 9 269 1160

M: + 64 21 376 800

mark@allpower.co.nz

http://www.hyundaiseasall.co.nz

About Hyundai SeasAll

Hyundai SeasAll is a corporate venture network of Hyundai-Kia Motors and is a dedicated marine engine developer and manufacturer whose range will be expanded based on the Hyundai’s premier engine technology and proven power.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amfboats/s ... 739066009/
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: AMF - Hyundai SeasALL S250

Post by JETTYWOLF »

And just think when I was in Korea in 1983, I wouldn't have figured those folks building anything worthwhile. Women, squatting in the streets taking a leak were a common thing.... :rotfl:

Now look at them!

They are great "copiers" that for sure.

Bevan,
I'm curious about your NZ tow vehicles. I do not see any Ford F-350 one ton daulie wheeled monster trucks with 600HP pulling these 26 foot cabin boats around. (as per your video tour post you made)

Are these SUV's ya'll are driving, are they diesel too? 6 cylinders?

The USA treats diesels as the eco-enemy engine. Higher cost per gallon, regulations, expense etc.

BTW...I posted your self nararated tour video, on my reports blog. Gotta keep showing these Floridians how nice an Alloy boat can be. And that "other countries" embrace the ole Plate alloy. "I like all the different words you use, for things."
:thumbsup:
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

Here are a couple of reviews from two separate magazines on this rig

http://amf.co.nz/images/stories/amf_720 ... r_2011.pdf

http://amf.co.nz/images/stories/amf_720 ... y_2011.pdf

Your right Jetty the whole Asian world is roaring ahead in leaps and bounds.

They are countries to that tend to be defying the recession to some degree. And they are starting to get a taste for the things like our western style of pleasure boating. These are potentially huge markets.

One of the most popular tow vehicles would be the Toyota Landcruiser VX 100 series (6 cyl diesel) or now the 200 series (V8 Diesel) Also VW Toureg, Nissan Safari/Patrol. Diesel is still a cheaper fuel here but the road user taxes are starting to make them more expensive to run.
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

That is a boat made for the NW IMHO...I'd like that and you can have a fuel oil heater and stove...make a nice 6 pac! Capt PJ

OH Yeah! The DW doesn't want me to go back to charter fishing!!! Maybe fast taxi service would be cool! Or really cool a fast tour boat! HUMMM!!!
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Very interesting engine package there. The industry has really needed a small performance diesel. In researching further I see they have units with conventional marine gears for straight inboard installs along with a waterjet version. Wow! Also a 4 cylinder version . . . I predict these engines will be very popular (if they hold up OK)
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

""One of the most popular tow vehicles would be the Toyota Landcruiser VX 100 series (6 cyl diesel) or now the 200 series (V8 Diesel) Also VW Toureg, Nissan Safari/Patrol. Diesel is still a cheaper fuel here but the road user taxes are starting to make them more expensive to run.""

Bevan,
-wait till ya get a smog problem, like in Los Angeles California. Then ya'll won't be allowed to have a diesel.

That's just what I thought. Thanks for the reply and the comment on my daily fishing reports blog. (AMF is frequently used as an example there)

ep, I'd love a smaller vehicle that can pull my boat. I'm a one vehicle guy.
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

Ha ha jetty I don't think we will get a smog problem, whole country only has 4 million population (Wanganui 43,500), we are an Island nation so we are almost coastal every where. smog just blows away :-) I am looking for a car at the moment and there are not a lot of diesel option available. And don't worry NZ is becoming very aware of fuel economy, clean fuel etc and the price of fuel is just crazy

Petrol $2.129 a litre nz$, so US Gall would be $8.05 NZ$, current conversion would be $6.346 a Gallon US
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Less people......oh that must be a wonderful!

I'm in the people business, but really, really, dislike other people....especially in boats, anywhere NEAR me!

Didn't think your fuel(s) were cheap by no means.

The L. A. California thing was a joke. They have in one city what your whole country has!
(I'm not trying to pick on L.A. people....just an example that's all)

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic