New to me alloy

A Place to Show and Tell
cc23

Re: New to me alloy

Post by cc23 »

Yes she's self bailing, thats why its so shallow inside. Ya Capt P those Penn's are as good as they get for manuals, I want this boat to be as simple as can be, by the way they are the 4' booms. As for electronics she just has a Raymarine fish/chartplotter and a horizon VHF, and a Ritchie compass. I will get some inside pics next friday as i am working 10's and its dark when i get home.
By the way the guys at Wooldridge were top notch and got everthing done in half a day! I would highly recommend them.
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Black Beard wrote:Yet.....another builder with "reverse chine in mind"

I was thinking the same thing Alloy. I'm surprised more US aluminum boat builders don't Incorporated this design feature into their hulls. I'm sure there is a lot more labor involved though.
Pretty much all of the plate alloy boats with a commercial heritage built in these parts over the years have the reverse chine but you won't see it much on boat brands that use an extrusion to connect the hull sides to the bottom though Jason's boat appears to be an exception.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

That was Carsten's boat, I blasted the barnacles and old bottom paint off but he didn't want it painted as it wasn't going to be left in the water. In the pics you can see the boat has a reverse chine, not excessively wide but it is there.

Before
P2110004.jpg
P2110004.jpg (314.65 KiB) Viewed 3535 times
After (I used a very fine abrasive so the bottom ended up with a smooth surface)
P2110011.jpg
P2110011.jpg (294.59 KiB) Viewed 3535 times
This boat was built literally like a tank, I mean STOUT! :mrgreen:
cc23

Post by cc23 »

Finally got some inside shots, as you can see it needs some new non skid, I've been waiting for warmer weather. Right now the seat boxes are in the shop getting ready to accept the air ride seat bases.
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

I'll suggest you just grit blast that non-skid off and be done with it. The blasting will leave a textured surface that will not get slippery and you'll never have to deal with it again other than an occasional scrub.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic