New SeaArk 1872

A Place to Show and Tell
boray

New SeaArk 1872

Post by boray »

I eventually would like to own a 1/4" alloy boat (23' Pacific Skiff) but until that time this will have to do. It's 1/8" so I'm halfway there! Ordered it with the forward fuel tank, rod holders, Flotation pods and ladder, rear seat/box, Bimini top, rear hinged deck and vinyl floors. I got it in Sharkskin gray since I didn't want a shiny paint but I didn't want olive drab either. Still working out a prop problem. Dealer says he was able to get 5800 RPMs out of the 20" pitch prop when he tested the boat but when I got it home I could only get 5000 RPMs. Probably should have tested it when I picked it up but it's four hours from home and I was in a huge hurry the day I picked it up. Wrote the check, hooked it up and headed home. Need at least 1000 more RPMs but a 15" pitch prop just doesn't sound right. I've seen the results of boat tests with similar SeaArk boats running 19-20" props just fine. Only problem I've seen so far (other than prop issues) is there's nowhere to put an ice chest! With the forward fuel tank the space between the console and front deck is too small! I'll probably just mount one with corner chocks to the rear part of the front deck.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: New SeaArk 1872

Post by JETTYWOLF »

SWEEEEET, SeaArk has thier act together from what it seems, no doubt.

Yeah and ya'll in the know over that way sure need a big ICE chest too, from what I see.
Lot's of Troutz & Reds.

That's the first thing to think of for me, actually that and "anchor" storage.
-Coolers
-Anchors

See, with a 4-6' tide swing and only 6 hrs to do it in here in my river, anchors are a big time fishing and safety device.
I had my boat built, because of the anchor storage.......its huge!!!!!!

Well stick close, cause if I head that way I could swing on in and we could do one day in your skiff and one day in my Pacific.

"that's if ya wanna target T-Rex Troutz, then drop'em in a oil after a Zaterains bath!!"

please post more pics of the boat and "if" ya fish, pop some pics on in here. I'm a wanna-be Gulf Coaster, so you'll ALWAYS have an audience. :thumbsup:
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

Did you try a 17" pitch prop? What kind of speed are you getting with the 20" and the 15"?
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Post by Sabs28 »

I Have a 2005 Mercury 90 HP carburated 4 stroke & it has a 15.25 diameter X 17 pitch. Does 42 mph flat out at 5900 rpm with 27 gallons of fuel, full gear, 3 batterys & my 260lb keester behind the wheel. Does pretty good coming out of the hole too.
boray

Post by boray »

Got a 14X18" inbound but I'm wondering if it'll be enough to make a difference. Mac, I don't have a 15" I was just speculating (based on a 150-200 RPM change for every 1" of pitch change) that I may need a 15" prop which sounds absurd. I'm getting 5000 RPMs and ~35MPH out of the 20". The motor's operating range is 5500-6300 so I'd really like to get at least 6000 out of it. The Suzuki stainless props are available in even number increments so if the 18" won't do it my next option is a 16". I'm not really looking for much more speed, I'd just like to keep the motor in the recommended operating range. At top end now the boat porpoises wildly when you add the slightest bit of trim...this is also a symptom of overpropping and I'm hoping the reduced pitch will help alleviate that issue too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic