Old Metal, New boat..Finished Business..

A Place to Show and Tell
Finished Business
Your location: Vancouver, BC

Old Metal, New boat..Finished Business..

Post by Finished Business »

Hey Ladz,

Have some time to start my project thread today so I figured I would throw up a few pics and info as to where it is going...

There was a mix-up at the storage facility so it looks like the boat with be in the shop for another week or two, NOT a bad thing :)

I started by removing any and all parts that are not needed on board during the retro-fit. I removed the kicker, bimi, and seats, along with the old (heavy!) teak swim deck. The first project I've chosen to undertake is modifying the swimdeck from the original teak, to a formed aluminum grid. I plan to add a grab bar on either end of the deck, as well as cappiong the ends, raising it an inch (so I can lift the leg completely up), and adding various tie down points for coolers/traps/gear....Check the pics, any info or advice is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to your comments!

Regards,

NICK -FB-
Attachments
pre-tear down
pre-tear down
0329121019a.jpg (81.63 KiB) Viewed 6589 times
teak swim deck
teak swim deck
0329121019b.jpg (74.82 KiB) Viewed 6589 times
swim deck profile
swim deck profile
0410120938a.jpg (142.45 KiB) Viewed 6589 times
new ALU swim deck
new ALU swim deck
0411120941b.jpg (86.57 KiB) Viewed 6589 times
new ALU deck
new ALU deck
0411120941a.jpg (75.75 KiB) Viewed 6589 times
after a quick clean-up
after a quick clean-up
0411121141b.jpg (48.05 KiB) Viewed 6589 times
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Re: Old Metal, New boat..Finished Business..

Post by Chaps »

Nice walk around there FB, whats the main power? Who built it?
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Finished Business

Sorry totally forgot to include some specs!

Its a 1995 Crestliner Eagle 245. Its main power (blown, to be replaced by years end) is a 5.0L Mercuiser. It has a Yamaha 9.9 High Thrust Kicker. Planning on a 5.0 or maybe a 5.7 MPI. Would definitely like to get away from the carbuerated engine.

She's got a huge cockpit and should ride pretty nice! I bought the boat as is so I did not have a chance to run it in the water...
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

There she is!!! Awesome FB. I'm really looking forward to this thread as I don't know anything about those Crestliners.

Those Sure Step channels are a nice addition. I just looked them up in the Fisher Ludlow catalogue and they are 5052 alloy so they should last. What kind of support are you going to use to hold them there.

Cheers,
John
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
Finished Business

They are actually an Amico Gibralter Product...of which we built the dies for many moons ago :)
Fisher is actually a stones throw from my shop in Langley.

Planning to re-inforce it with some new bracing,,,the original deck had three under-side supports (hinged square tubing), plan to keep the same style but add a 4th brace on the starboard side. As well I want to add two 1.5" round grab bars at the ends to help when climbing up and reinforcement. Will mod a swim ladder in there as well :) likely match it white to the hull. fun fun.

Did some research and found the bottom hull to be .100" thick, and the sides .090". The hull is reinforced with square tubing...Im excited to see what it looks like when the floor comes up, and will surely post some pictures!

Trying to arrange a day trip on a 23' Eagle from a local guy to see what its all about...

-FB-
dave
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Your location: Riverview, FL

Post by dave »

Great looking boat. It reminds me of a Starcraft Islander, another great boat.
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Are you keeping the name? I like it and besides you know it's bad luck to change the name of a boat :popcorn:
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
Finished Business

HAHA...as far as the name....i was always thinking of names for my boat, the day I got one...but the name 'bad habits' is so very true for me in so many ways...especially when it comes to fishing (at times, trumps all!)....I tend to rely on instincts and skill, not luck! so a name change I don't think would be detrimental. Hard to knock on wood in an alloy boat!

The boats are considered the east coast version of the starcraft islander I've heard. Similar boats.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic