New guy : 25 ft Cabin Cruiser

A Place to Show and Tell
surfbass

New guy : 25 ft Cabin Cruiser

Post by surfbass »

Hey guys. Thanks for letting me join up. Ive been lurking and searching the site for awhile now and appreciate the knowlege, expertise and occasional b.s. to be found on here Lol. I have owned a few glass boats but always come back to AA boats because I tend to be too hard on gelcoat. I live on Lake Sam Rayburn here in east Texas so I mostly fish freshwater but we try to make a dozen or so trips to the coast each year for nearshore and jetty fishing. I recently bought a boat that I dont know much history on. The title shows it to be a 1976 model cabin cruiser. I know that "cabin cruiser" is more a type of boat than a manufacturer name but that is what it says. My guess is that it was probally built over in Louisiana but if anyone has any insight or better guesses I would appreciate it.

welder
Site Admin

Re: New guy : 25 ft Cabin Cruiser

Post by welder »

SurfBass, I'm over here on Texoma.
Is there anything on the title that would give us a hint?????
Does she have a HIN #
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Post by Sabs28 »

Welcome to the Forum. Cool looking boat :thumbsup: . What are the specs on the boat?? Length, Beam, how does she fish & ride???
surfbass

Post by surfbass »

Welder I havnt been up in your neck of the woods in many years. I have a hunting buddy that lives in Brigeport that catches some large bluecats out of Texoma. I didnt see anything in the title that helped but when I gave the vin number to the insurance co. they said it came back as a shop built homemade boat. Sabs28 she measures right at 25 ft and has a 9 1/2 ft beam. Cruises at 28 mph at 4000 rpm which is about as fast as I can afford to run with that gas guzzling 200 Johnson. Lol. I havnt had it out in anything too rough but she handles well and does have trim tabs to help in the chop. This is the largest and deepest vee boat that I have had so Im still learning. This one replaced a 20 ft center console that I had built by F&F Boats out of Monticello, Arkansas. It was a great boat but I do some commercial catfishing on the side and wanted something smaller and cheaper to run so I bought a smaller rig for that and ended up with this bigger rig for the coast. Not sure how I fooled the wife into that.
3f8
Doator '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17

Post by 3f8 »

Welcome to AAB.
"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline.
Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
Hunter S. Thompson
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic