The Long Road Home

A Place to Show and Tell
Babyj

Re: The Long Road Home

Post by Babyj »

After sanding with 400 how does the finish look on it?would you consider leaving it like that or are you going to try and Achieve a mirror finish?did you use a palm sander of just by hand?
Evil_Fish

Post by Evil_Fish »

I will leave it the way it is after using the 400. I am happy with the way it turned out. I actually tried buffing out a small portion of the transom but there are so many nicks and dings all over I do not think it would look good. I prefer the matt finish anyway. I used a RO hand sander, which worked out well.
paulh

Post by paulh »

Nice boat!

As far as hp, the best advice is figure out what your typical gross weight will be in pounds, i.e. hull, engine, fuel, passengers, gear et all then devide by 25 and that will be the ideal power for the hull. Also figure out how fast you want to go. I don't think a 90 would be anywhere near overpowering a hull that size and I like having more than enough power so that would be the option I'd look into.

One option for fitting it out that a friend used is to build a center console with a seat similar to a wave runner. Nice clean installation with room for the fuel tank, tools and gear under the seat. A small bow locker for your rode wouldn't be a bad idea, though nothing wrong with a marine grade milk crate :mrgreen:
Todd
Donator '09

Post by Todd »

The guys at this shop are also good welders and fabricators.
Fishing Boats Unlimited ... 624 Terminal Way, Costa Mesa, California 92627 949/642-0882. Fax 949/642-0419 info@fishingboatsunlimited.com .
WAR HORSE
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic