My 16' "Slam Piece"

A Place to Show and Tell
buck3

My 16' "Slam Piece"

Post by buck3 »

Well I guess I'll post a few pics in here since I'm actually doing something now.

My wife named her "Slam Piece" after Mila Kunis, I didn't want to argue so I am going with it.

It's a 16' Skookum. It has a fairly thick bottom plate (3/16") so it should hold up well.

It had a motor well in it that was too narrow for modern 4 stroke so I had Lee Shore Boats do the welding.

Here is the boat as I bought it. It was painted up as a duck boat but the owner liked the look of aluminum, so he PAINTED it gray.

Here is a couple pics of the motor well, notice Chaps helps clean up the paint a little. I never made any more progress on it like I thought I would. Maybe I still will.

Here is where I got it back from Eric at Lee Shore Boats. He trimmed the stern a little and boxed in the motor well.

I actually had fun hanging the motor. Got to teach the kiddo about rigging ropes and using pullys to help lift. He was able to lift the motor up for me. He is 9years old.

I will get more done tomorrow and get better pics. I only had a hour to hang the motor so I was trying to hurry.
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Re: My 16' "Slam Piece"

Post by Sabs28 »

Nice job :thumbsup: Now you will have to buff the rest of the boat to a mirror shine so it matches the motor bracket. :rotfl: :rotfl:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Why didn't you leave that boat a "well" boat....if I'm discribing it right. That's what we'd call it here.

I love those things. In Louisiana the similar Fan-tailed boats are just something we don't see in wack-o Florida. But has such a great purpose.

I'd clean that baby up and have it all original.

If I could, and if I get my spare 225 Honda running like a top, I'd love to put it on this <<<<<<<<<<
Louisiana "fan-tail" :

AWESOME!

buck3

Post by buck3 »

The well was built for two strokes, so it was too tight for modern engines. I tried to put a honda 20hp and it was too long front to back.
I would have liked to keep it, but modifying it to keep the well would have been soo much more work.
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

They did a nice job on the transom. You are going to have fun with your boy and that boat!!! Is that a Cummins sitting outside surrounded by a Dodge? Keep posting pics as you do things.
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
buck3

Post by buck3 »

Yeah. Tried a ford for a year, but blew the turbos with 80k miles so I traded it back into a cummins. I average 70-80k a year. This was a off year and think I only put on 45k miles. By far the least out of the last 8years.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic