sv-18 alaskan lund

A Place to Show and Tell
aitkenkingfish

sv-18 alaskan lund

Post by aitkenkingfish »

well I ended up getting the lund runs great.items that need attention, nav lights, radio, dont work so I started striping it down yesterday. well the wiring is a nightmare they grounded the radio to the console & it caused some corrosion issues. :skillet: im going to have to tig a few holes in the hull :skillet: id like to :skillet: on the radio installer's head. here are some pics.

well im unable to load pics keeps saying there to big evenfrom photobucket ( i guess there over 786 pixels high)
sorry you will have to follow the link

http://s89.beta.photobucket.com/user/ai ... h/library/
Napa Mike

Re: sv-18 alaskan lund

Post by Napa Mike »

Congrats!
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Well, it looks like ya have plenty you can do on all these windy days. There's a few months more of them.

I'll be with ya.....the Trout bite was about NIL & VOID when I talked to ya on the phone.

I'll recruit a few more knife blades. Cuz, it looks like "piling snappers" for me. Hell, it's super EZ for me compared to chasing those vanished Troutz, except for the cleaning I'll have to do. If fiddlers stay available :?:

See ya out there,
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Post by Sabs28 »

Congrats on the purchase :highfive: Those crimp connectors are no good in a wet environment. Have to solder & heat shrink wires in a boat. I deal with people all the time who use crimp connectors on their trailer plugs & wonder why they only work for a few months until the sand & salt gets in there. Keep the pictures coming. :popcorn:
aitkenkingfish

Post by aitkenkingfish »

Sabs28 wrote:Congrats on the purchase :highfive: Those crimp connectors are no good in a wet environment. Have to solder & heat shrink wires in a boat. I deal with people all the time who use crimp connectors on their trailer plugs & wonder why they only work for a few months until the sand & salt gets in there. Keep the pictures coming. :popcorn:
I agree he also used those crimps on the new trailer lights. I shrink fit all my conections. :gunner
aitkenkingfish

Post by aitkenkingfish »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Well, it looks like ya have plenty you can do on all these windy days. There's a few months more of them.

I'll be with ya.....the Trout bite was about NIL & VOID when I talked to ya on the phone.

I'll recruit a few more knife blades. Cuz, it looks like "piling snappers" for me. Hell, it's super EZ for me compared to chasing those vanished Troutz, except for the cleaning I'll have to do. If fiddlers stay available :?:

See ya out there,
well I welded about a 3rd of the holes today its a LITTLE GIRL tiging in this wind. im hoping the wind is still tomorrow morning.
aitkenkingfish

Post by aitkenkingfish »

I also finished installing the humminbird 998 si unit I dont think im going to install my raymarine l760 unit.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Gettin busy huh......

You have one week. Till "piling Snapper Day".

I know yer dieing to have her ready by then I'm sure.

OH THIS WIND IS BRUTAL!!!!!!!!! NOW, late Saturday GUSTS to Gale Force. I'm departing at 7am sharp and hope to get the morning in at least with Atlanta folks.

Here Feb 13th........we got drenched:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBTndBSy_E
aitkenkingfish

Post by aitkenkingfish »

well I finished it in time however not a single sheephead the day of the tournament . one of those days where nothing went right.
aitkenkingfish

Post by aitkenkingfish »

worth the work
still getting this error when loaDING PICS ( Your images may only be up to 768 pixels high) any clue on how to fix this issue i have a ton of pics to load
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic