My new 26HT Pacific skiff

A Place to Show and Tell
yakquack

My new 26HT Pacific skiff

Post by yakquack »

Here is my new boat. It has a removable 40 gallon live well and has openings on the bow deck for an inset cooler and anchor locker area. It also has cutouts in the front of the bow deck for lifejacket storage on each side. It will have a 160qt Yeti cooler in front of the console on the floor as well as a 65qt yeti inset in the front opening of the bow deck. I had the console moved about 2 feet forward for more aft deck space. The live well is held in place with a removable bar....basically just remove 2 pins and go. Side dive door with custom grab rails on each side of the opening. I was going to put automated "power poles" on the rear for shallow water anchoring....but 2 of those would be $4000!!! So I had 2 one inch holes drilled in the corners of the swim platform and sleeved to use 8 foot NON ALLOY Wang anchor poles. 2 of these cost me $160 and have no moving parts to break or lube. I have a 300 Yamaha on the back. The live well is a Kodiak pro model with 3 height adjustments for the water level inside the live well. I have a pair of LED lights facing fore and aft. The boat has a total of 18 rod holders. Also, I believe the reverse chine is the largest made by Pacific to date. If anyone wants closer pics of anything in particular, let me know. Almost forgot, since I had the aft cleats mounted on the back of the transom, the starboard cleat box had a side added to it (making it a box) and 2 knife slits cut in it on the bottom (with a piece of matching removable starboard set inside). That way this area can hold 2 knives vertically as well as pliers/dehooking tool/venting tool/etc....handy without falling out.

I went with an inset cooler and open anchor locker and lifejacket insert openings to try to minimize hatches and hinges. Boat is stored inside on a rack. I hope to post more pics after the boat arrives next week.

Thanks for letting me share,

Wally
Sarasota Florida
Attachments
aluminum boat pics.jpg
aluminum boat pics.jpg (148.58 KiB) Viewed 14749 times
aluminum boat pics.jpg1.jpg
aluminum boat pics.jpg1.jpg (160.7 KiB) Viewed 14749 times
aluminum boat pics.jpg2.jpg
aluminum boat pics.jpg2.jpg (128.4 KiB) Viewed 14749 times
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: My new 26HT Pacific skiff

Post by JETTYWOLF »

WOW, a Florida boat?

Yep, not really getting those open places in the bow deck.

I had my console and leaning post moved way forward also. not interested in what kind of ride for me. I want dancing room.

I saw those bow "spray rails". AlloyToy says they sure come in handy. The only problem I have is when it's blowing 20 knots and doing cross breeze running in nasty seas.

Gulf Coaster huh??

Boy, you're gonna freak them out round those parts.

Some day I'll be a Gulf Coaster, and also get my engine guard too.

Is that boat doing commercial work?
yakquack

Post by yakquack »

Hi Dave,

I'll take a pic with the cooler in place once I get the boat.....see what you think.

Right now just my fishing boat, but thinking of getting my captain's license one day and do some chartering.....maybe.....

got that knife sharpener you mentioned in your post.....seems to work great....

next step....try some Kick-a mullets for some trout on this side of the state.....

oh, btw....do you use the GoPro3 and do you use either the battery pack or back LED screen piece? what editing software do you use...GoPro's or Adobe or something else? Have you tried the GoPro app?
yakquack

Post by yakquack »

And YES, I do think an alloy boat will freak out some people on this side of the state....

:beer:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

yakquack wrote:Hi Dave,

I'll take a pic with the cooler in place once I get the boat.....see what you think.

Right now just my fishing boat, but thinking of getting my captain's license one day and do some chartering.....maybe.....

got that knife sharpener you mentioned in your post.....seems to work great....

next step....try some Kick-a mullets for some trout on this side of the state.....

oh, btw....do you use the GoPro3 and do you use either the battery pack or back LED screen piece? what editing software do you use...GoPro's or Adobe or something else? Have you tried the GoPro app?

If you want fishing to not be all that fun...charter away!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yes, that worksharp is awesome. Used mine just the other day to "touch up" incase I ever start slaying the troutz. (its been way too warm)

Oh yeah, Kick-A's are a Gulf Coast product. Texas. Louisiana. I'm probably the only one in all of NE Florida who uses them and catches GATOR's on them.

No, I'm (as in my boat) always feel "less is actually more". I use Hero 2's. I have one battery bac-pak just incase. But have never ever used a whole battery in a hero2. BECAUSE. I use no battery draining items like screen bac-pak, or Wifi remotes. I was thinking of getting a remote. But not all that keen in the Wifi thing to my Iphone. No need. I wanted the remote just to have a camera far away, and turn it on and record thats all. But, as of now.
Have not went that direction yet.

Hero2's can be git on Ebay and are really trouble free. The hero3 Black had loads of trouble, terrible battery life, and if connected with all the bells and whistles had maybe 30-40 minutes of life.

So like any good company. GoPro came out just recently with the Hero3 Black +, yes....a Plus model. Improved battery power, slimmer case, and slimmer buttons on case. All stuff that doesn't matter to me, because I'm not filming a Wicked Tuna episode. Only Jettywolf Live episodes.

But I do run two cameras.

I tried GoPro's studio software and hate it. I use mostly, Microsoft Movie Maker. But I'm getting a "dedicated Video Only super duper computer" from my dad. A desk top unit he's built up, and it has Adobe Premier on it. I've used it and its a bit much. But may go back and forth, between the two.

I like going fishing anymore. Just so I can try and get different kinds of footage. I have a lot of ideas but on charters have limitations, of course.
I have done in the past full blown productions that took 20 hours for me to edit.

But as I get better, I want to press my ideas into gear. Money to spend out "fishing for fun" is very very limited. There is no "side job".

Although I finally did make $100 off my adwords from my Youtube video's. It bought barely a tank of diesel for my truck.

WOULD LOVE TO SEE DETAILED PHOTOS. BECAUSE YOU OBVIOUSLY CAME UP WITH SOME OTHER WAYS OF THINKING WITH THAT BOW DECK.
YOU MUST BE A BIG TIME DIVER WITH THAT DIVE DOOR :?: :?:

oh no...do I see a jack plate too??

You and Frank (Peezer aka: Miss Hayden, aka: General Grouper, aka: Mystery man.....) must have talked, alot.
yakquack

Post by yakquack »

Yes...I do have a jack plate as well. Gets kinda shallow in spots here. I do some diving/lobstering/scalloping/spearfishing....so the side dive door works for me. Also, if I get a big fish offshore I can always drag it through that door easily......I hope.

I will post a few more pics in the next days as time allows.

I have rearward facing rod holders at the vary back...one on each side....I believe 30 degrees slanted off the rear of the boat
Then the next rod holders up from that are straight up....to place the rear rods in while re-tying or working on fish...also can be used for other options (fillet board/other)
then the next one up (midship) are 30 degrees I think, angled off to the outside so that if I am alone, I can place trolling rods there
then the next one up from that one each side are straight up.....for the same purposes
then the most aft ones on the gunnels are straight up...to hold things like net/gaffs while fishing or to hold the bow deck rods for rigging
then the bow deck rods are slanted 30 degrees to fish/drop lines straight down of the front of the boat (rods angled out perpendicular to the centerline of the boat)

Hope that makes sense on the rod holders.
yakquack

Post by yakquack »

Here are a few more pics. The aft cleat box to hold items and 2 knives. The transom shot showing the 2 holes in the corners for the Wang anchors. And the front cooler inset where the Yeti will sit and a view of the anchor locker area. Also, the cutouts on each side of the bow deck where I will stack 3 lifejackets and a throwable cushion on each side where readily accessible. The bow deck does not have the 2 rod holders cut out yet. Also a view of the dive door and some shots of the live well.

Wally
Attachments
livewell 2.jpg
livewell 2.jpg (99.56 KiB) Viewed 14705 times
livewell 1.jpg
livewell 1.jpg (100.31 KiB) Viewed 14705 times
dive door.jpg
dive door.jpg (98.4 KiB) Viewed 14705 times
cleat box.jpg
cleat box.jpg (109.2 KiB) Viewed 14705 times
bow boxes.jpg
bow boxes.jpg (82.05 KiB) Viewed 14705 times
bow boxes 2.jpg
bow boxes 2.jpg (126.74 KiB) Viewed 14705 times
yakquack

Post by yakquack »

Sorry....here is the transom shot looking at the anchor holes
Attachments
wang anchor holes.jpg
wang anchor holes.jpg (94.33 KiB) Viewed 14705 times
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

Looks great, love the handles on the sides of the dive door.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Keep'em coming Wally, she is awesome. :thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

I love these threads! She is a beauty and I like that side door location since when docked the loading/unloading would be easier as well as for the reasons you shared. Those anchor poles work great where there isn't much current and the bottom isn't a rockpile and are really becoming a common thing you see up here inland. Plus, you can't beat the cost and lack of headaches I've read from users of the various mechanized systems.

Which jackplate did you go with?
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
yakquack

Post by yakquack »

Thanks for the kind remarks. It is an Atlas jack plate. Once I get the boat delivered next Tuesday I will share a few more pics. I am trying to find the pics of the chine. I believe it is 1.5 inches wide and Pacific did a great job with it. Hopefully it works as good as it looks.
yakquack

Post by yakquack »

Black Beard,

Sorry not to answer your question earlier. I believe the width of the chine is 1.5 inches (maybe a hair more). I have these 2 pictures showing it somewhat. It looks like Pacific made it so that the width of the chine matches up nicely with the front of the boat. I believe Alloy Toy had some custom work done on his boat regarding the chine and is extremely happy with his results. I think it was fabricated by a builder in the Northeast. Hope this helps.
Attachments
chine.jpg
chine.jpg (112.62 KiB) Viewed 14471 times
chine2.jpg
chine2.jpg (111.6 KiB) Viewed 14471 times
Napa Mike

Post by Napa Mike »

thanks for sharing your pics. Kick BACK SIDE boat you got there! We all look forward to seeing some performance numbers too.

Mike
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

Great looking boat! What is the maker of the boarding ladder? I rememebr when I towed my boat to the gulf/FL...I had loads of looks and questions, you will have loads of fun for sure! THX
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
yakquack

Post by yakquack »

Armstrong ladder I believe.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Not sure if it was Pacifics thought or yours. But it sure makes sense having TWO hatches in the stern at the far ends, rather than just one large one as most of us have in the middle.

I guess your livewell idea had those moved from center...I've heard ya get rattle outa the alloy versus the starboard stern hatches.
But at the same time that "EDGING" above the alloy hatches is still needed even with the starboard hatches. Because that's how water gets in my stern space, via using the washdown. And water goes straight in the starboard hatch!

At least 4 times, I have tried finding some kind of gasket material that the starboard hatch could use to no avail. But I'll assume that the alloy hatches are gasketed around the edges......"anyone know??"

I'm constantly cleaning out that stern space. Because that area is a giant water collections spot. Either condensation (Yes, especially in hotter S. Fla,) and salty air condensor area.

Easier to keep it clean with two hatches in the corners versus one large one, where ya have to strain to get to the far ends.

You'll see what I mean, after you have the boat awhile. And if you are like me. A clean boat freak.

I'd like to put some sharkhide clearcoat protectant in that stern area on my boat. But reaching it all via one middle hatch with rigging in it is tough.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: "I was going to put automated "power poles" on the rear for shallow water anchoring....but 2 of those would be $4000!!! So I had 2 one inch holes drilled in the corners of the swim platform and sleeved to use 8 foot NON ALLOY Wang anchor poles. 2 of these cost me $160 and have no moving parts to break or lube."

YA GOT THAT STRAIGHT :!: :!: I live by the motto, Less is More.

That's a simple idea straight out of a shallow water "Pirogue". I'd love to have a superior quality "larger" Jon-boat built and have sleeved pipes in all 4 corners, for use in shallow water fishing. Versus, any mechanical things.

PLEASE...go shallow and show them in use someday for us.

-------------------------------------------------------------

From what I have gathered seeing Tom's boat up north of me. The side rails at least for me would need to be lowered. As they would ride above many of the floating docks we have around here. I'd want them square on. To save the hull from the rash of rubbing the dock.

YES, this is on top of my list too, and engine guard. BUT CAN NEVER get a close up of "how" it's attached. Welded to a plate and thru-bolted?
Welded on transom?? Someday maybe......yer SW Fla. co-hort Peezer said he'd take a photo for me. But that was maybe a year ago.
When ready I'll have to just get close-ups from Julie.
yakquack

Post by yakquack »

Dave,

I will be outfitting the boat tomorrow. I will pass on a picture of the forward cooler and life jacket area. I will try to pass on a picture of the engine guard area as well for you. As soon as I get the 2 shallow water anchor poles (should be in the next week), I will show a pic of using those as well.
yakquack

Post by yakquack »

Thanks for the input. I don't plan on throwing a net much and/or walking on that deck area too much. I do like the side dive door. I have a 1600 pump on the livewell and I do have the clamshell pickups on the bottom. (one for the live well pump and one for the saltwater washdown). I don't know if you can tell it or not, but I have two holes in each corner of the swim platform sleeved to use 8 foot wang anchor poles. I told Jetty that I would send pics of them in use. They ran me $80 each versus $1600 each for power poles. I am going to try to take a few pics on Wednesday of them in use and a picture of the engine guard for Jetty.
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

yakquack wrote:Thanks for the input. I don't plan on throwing a net much and/or walking on that deck area too much. I do like the side dive door. I have a 1600 pump on the livewell and I do have the clamshell pickups on the bottom. (one for the live well pump and one for the saltwater washdown). I don't know if you can tell it or not, but I have two holes in each corner of the swim platform sleeved to use 8 foot wang anchor poles. I told Jetty that I would send pics of them in use. They ran me $80 each versus $1600 each for power poles. I am going to try to take a few pics on Wednesday of them in use and a picture of the engine guard for Jetty.
I would check the tapped holes around the boat to see if Pacific used TefGel or similar when putting it together, I have had some issues with SS screws and bolts that were in tapped threads on my boat.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
THEMOORINGMAN

Post by THEMOORINGMAN »

Love the side door, motor guard and Yamaha! Best of luck with it.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yep, no matter what photos I look at I can't tell how the motor guard is installed. And of course can't get any "verbiage" out of anyone either.

I throw a net from inside my boat on Pogies and Mulllet.......BECAUSE I have to drive too!

But, it is MUCH better if I run to the bow and jump up on my deck. I'm a pro- I can do it all ( for a fat boy ) :rotfl: :rotfl:

I chuck a 8' Mullet net. Yeah I hate it. But I do it. I'd just as soon never pitch a net ever again.

The guys I watch in Slidell fishing Lake P. I don't think they even own castnets???? I'd like to be like them. Jighead and soft Plastic for everything that matters in life.

But that won't ever happen here, in bazzaro world.

Is that what those holes are. Dive tank storage? Is there racks in those bow deck holes?

So far, experiencing the WORST November in a long time. So No boat add-on's coming my way yet again.

Are you independently wealthy? Or an Alaskan who moved south for some heat?

Because if not. Go fishing for fun. Don't screw yourself your boat or all your tackle trying to start up a charter fishing biz in this USA, especially in this state. FLA, ain't no Alaska!

If you're a certified dive master with a enormous insurance policy. Stick with a few divers, for your beer money. :beer:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Peezer wrote:engine guard is bolted on with tap threaded holes jetty
OHHHHHHHHH, I just mentioned in my prior post that I can't even get any verbiage outa any one.

Now, the concern is pipe welded to plate and then tapped and threaded? Or each pipe has it's own single plate.

Some day I'll get one.

When I do. I wanna go in and tell them exactly how its to be done. Exactly factory. Just like Pacific does it.
3f8
Doator '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17

Post by 3f8 »

Some nice touches to a great looking boat. It's nice to see more alloy down this way. See you around the Skyway sometime. We are from Gulfport FL.
"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline.
Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
Hunter S. Thompson
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Believe me, ya won't miss 38F's boat...... :beer:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic