Pacific boat lenght

A Place to Show and Tell
welderbob
Donator ,15

Pacific boat lenght

Post by welderbob »

For all of you Pacific Boat nuts, is a 23' measured with or without the engine bracket?

welderbob
welderbob
Donator ,15

Re: Pacific boat lenght

Post by welderbob »

just comparing deck space.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Yes, over all but It's not a bracket, It's a pod that is a continuation of the hull and the trim tabs fit very well on either side to keep them tucked in out of the way.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

A Pacific 23 with a 3/4 hard top has more aft deck space than most 30' rec boats .
Lester,
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

The most aft deck space on the 23' is with the 5 x 4 cabin model, with 74". No idea how that matches up, just what the site had.

Welderbob, what are the dims on your 23 hull, for comparison's sake? Love to see one too!
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
welderbob
Donator ,15

Post by welderbob »

Our new RockSalt 24 is 23'9". The engine is bolted to the transom, we could add a bracket/pod to give the boat some more deck space. The cutting files are done and the material is quoted to cut. We're busy with local work and trying to finish the Rocksalt 275.so it doesn't look like we'll start it for a little while.
I tried to attach the pdf of the boat ,but the site doesn't allow pdf. ext.
send me a pm with an email and I'll send you a copy.

Now to all the Pacific Boat fans here on the site. I think Pacific is a great boat. Its built different than what I do. There is always a big debate here about foam or no form. I guess you could say Pacific is semi custom builder. The take there mass production hull and finish it to meet your needs. We build boats with a little more frame work,each one designed and balanced to the customers needs. . Pacific has a few unique keel and chine extrusions that makes there production easier for them. Don't knock Les,Jetty and other for the proud defensive nature of there boats. We all work hard for our toys. Everyone here has been very supportive of what we do, Thanks.

If I can't sell someone one of my aluminum boat, I don't feel bad if I later find out the bought a Pacific.

Welderbob
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

welderbob wrote:Our new RockSalt 24 is 23'9". The engine is bolted to the transom, we could add a bracket/pod to give the boat some more deck space. The cutting files are done and the material is quoted to cut. We're busy with local work and trying to finish the Rocksalt 275.so it doesn't look like we'll start it for a little while.
I tried to attach the pdf of the boat ,but the site doesn't allow pdf. ext.
send me a pm with an email and I'll send you a copy.

Now to all the Pacific Boat fans here on the site. I think Pacific is a great boat. Its built different than what I do. There is always a big debate here about foam or no form. I guess you could say Pacific is semi custom builder. The take there mass production hull and finish it to meet your needs. We build boats with a little more frame work,each one designed and balanced to the customers needs. . Pacific has a few unique keel and chine extrusions that makes there production easier for them. Don't knock Les,Jetty and other for the proud defensive nature of there boats. We all work hard for our toys. Everyone here has been very supportive of what we do, Thanks.

If I can't sell someone one of my aluminum boat, I don't feel bad if I later find out the bought a Pacific.

Welderbob
Well said Bob and Thank you.
Lester,
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Bob , can't wait to see both of the new RockSalts your working on.
I spent a weekend with Jay in south Texas and got to play on 3 of the boats they were building at the time, suckers are built like TANKS, keep us up with pictures.
Lester,
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Frank, I'm really sorry that my choice of boats and how I run my site bothers you so much, have a great day and post up some pictures of good times on the water.
Lester,
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

welderbob, please post pics, drawings, anything associated to that 24' I truly believe you will hit a homerun with that boat on the east coast :thumbsup:

When the hull repairs were being made to my Pacific I had the honor of sitting with Jack Winninghoff and he went into detail about his theory of foam vs no foam, and hull lines and the importance they play to a dry comfortable ride......Jack is a very smart man, and from what I learned Bill Lincoln once was a key part of Jack's business.

I cannot wait to see the RS24 :thumbsup:
welderbob
Donator ,15

Post by welderbob »

we're done!
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

OH NO.......

BB,

I will tell ya one thing. I bought MY boat because of a man named Jay Perrotta :!: :!: :!: :!:
Yes, the boat works for me. But after 7 ++ years of ownership. Being a die-hard AAB.COM founding member. And knowing what I know now.

I could have just as easily bought one of Welder Bob's boat, or billy-bob hobnob's boats if they had Jay Perrotta working for them.

He provided me with the BEST large item buying experience I have ever experienced, bar NONE!

Have I been warm and fuzzied by Dan or Julie Parks. NOPE. Yeah, I've talked to Julie once or twice. But back then, and probably now.
THEY BUILD'EM....Not all that sure if they are actively out educating, informing, and selling hard to the on the fence potential buyer. Not sure. But Jay, back then was.

I won't bore you with all that Jay did. And how myself and my dad, along with another buyer who came to pick him boat up from Mississippi were treated by Jay, but it was like NO customer service I've ever received before. And being in the C.S. business myself. I'm very very intune with that topic.

Things I have learned:

#1 - Pacific is built using a certain kind of building technique....like WelderBob said, his are different. They call it something, Jay knows the term. But it kinda simplifies the structure of the boat where the outside "sides" are the rigidity. As Jay said one time, "like a formula One race car,where the body is the structure that holds it together. The other ways are FRAMES, Grid work. All just as good but Different.

#2 - This type of build, doesn't lend itself to BOW SHEAR, if that's the right words. My Ole glass boat (23 CC) had a "Carolina Flare" to the bow and was dry,dry,dry.........Pacific? Not so much.
Reason being Alloy Toy had large spray rails welded on his boat, and so did Peezer. But I hear Peezers doesn't work all that well. Probably placement??

#3 - Coming for a 23' CC "cut transom" ZERO stern fishing room, constantly wetted deck, with splash over. I will NEVER ever have a boat again, that doesn't have a stern exactly like my Pacific. Never, ever, no matter what water doesn't appear on the deck at the stern of my boat. To me, from what I know. Their stern "pod" whatever extended transom whatever, scupper system,.....is Flawless in my book, and the boat can back down into a hurricane!!!!!!

#4 - Would I make a few changes after 7++ years of hard fishing? YOU BET. I think everyone would on ever boat.

I have no idea the relationship between Welder and Pacific (the Parks), but if ANYONE wants to expose their boats (LIKE: Wooldridge is doing) to alot of people slowly over time to the ""right People". I believe they MUST, get in a regiment of posting here. Being friends with everyone and answering all questions to the best of their ability. And they will do nothing but help their company.

I never thought Wooldridge would stick it out as long as he's done. But my hats off to him. Ironwood was here....and faded. WelderBob, puts up pics and adds to discussions, as do others.

There's NO bias here on AAB that I see. And all I really care about is making $$ fishing to continue to live. That's it, my entire focus in life.

Is there many Pacific owners? Yes, but just as many as other quality boats.

BTW, I'M SURE IF I WANNA HEAR WHAT MY BOAT SOUNDS LIKE WITH NO FOAM.....maybe Welderbob and I will talk that over when he's here fishing aboard the Jettywolf in May.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Oh yeah on the hull length thing.....thats what they did in fishing tourneys here to try an achieve a longer boat when there was size classifications in the tournament.

But Pacifics are the entire hull. No bracketry at all. It's just that the swim platform isn't all usable space, unless you're like some of my goofy customers who want to sit on the "false transom" for a lack of a better name, and walk and fish on my swim platform.

Inwhich I say. GET YER AZZ IN THE DANG BOAT WILL YA!!!

with a 4 knot tide when they fall off the platform and by the time I pull my anchor......they're 2 miles away and might be DEAD.

But yes, the hull goes all the way back to the motor. For 26' as mine is.

Personally, I don't think anyone's cheerleading. But then again, I hardly pay attention to that. Just wish MORE people who owned all these fancy azz alloy boats FISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Lots of good points here :thumbsup:

Because of the great site Les has built I too have learned a lot, and like Capt. Dave my allegiance is to Jay as well not Pacific. I too talked to Dan and Julie a couple times since 2006. But NOW THAT I"M EDUCATED :mrgreen: If I had to do it again my first stop would be to welder bob's shop.

Few of MY thoughts:

Why do I own a boat where the builders THEMSELF are not active on the site assisting customers, and answering questions :idea: :?: A good portion of the owners here are Pacific Boat owners :idea: :?:

Why did I not get documentation with my boat containing a "do and don't list" :?: :idea:

Where is my warranty card :idea: :?:

How does all this play in to this conversation??? Cuz I own a 2006 Pacific V235HT that I modified to not bang and splash....and that's all I know :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

That may well be, but that is the hull, it certainly isn't the "thingamajigger", and is part of the over all wetted surface. Even if it's not all so called usable, I use it all summer.

I catch menhaden "POGIES" to use for bait and in my Chum chopper:

So do that without a gap in the hull?

Plus, I use a bag like this sitting on the other side full of Pogies. Which keeps them out of the deck area, the slim and stink washing off.
So, over the port "gap" in the hull I use that area too. I tie the bag off to the rail I have across the back and they ride around back there perfectly:

I find the way it's all done is pretty damn awesome. Has the scuppers in boxes and always draining perfectly up under that "gap".

Your discussion is a fine line. Just depends on who what when and where.
capesteve

Post by capesteve »

Can't we all just get along?
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

AlloyToy,

Maybe that's the problem. They don't (Pacific) get involved in boat promotion, education etc. That's why they needed Jay.

Which is a problem. (as a self described promoter myself) I sometimes spend 14 hrs a day doing "promotions" if that's what it's called.

But, everyone's different. Some people say humbug to the power of the internet and Yes, even people in business, that it could help.
Maybe they've been burned by internet promotions before.
Maybe they just don't need it and are happy the way things are.

I received from JAY a three ring binder with ever single tag and do dad and stat sheet that could go in it....."I assumed that it was from Pacific" maybe NOT?

I also assumed my engine was mounted at the factory, the prop chosen, and the electronics rigged. But then Big W and I were talking and there's no real proof of that.

WelderBob, sure did start some shet here didn't he :rotfl: :rotfl: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Hey, you'll end up in a RS welderbob built semi cabin 26 someday anyhow. And that would be a natural progression for ya and a step up in size and all anyhow.

I see that the "original" one of a kind is still for sale and is only 139K.... :popcorn:
capesteve

Post by capesteve »

Why did I not get documentation with my boat containing a "do and don't list" :?: :idea:

Do you want to share you own personal do and don't list?
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

I'll start :mrgreen:

Do fish your boat as much as possible

Don't ever buy a glass boat

:beer:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

FISH????????

Does anyone here really do that :?:

Where the hell is Sculpin.

I loved his lay out in the yard photos of what would substain me for a year. All caught over a weekend.

I love a slaughter.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic