My third AA boat

A Place to Show and Tell
Sjoman

My third AA boat

Post by Sjoman »

I started out with a 19' Pacific with twin 75's. Nice boat but I am not a CC kind a guy. Moved to a 21' SeaArk commander, did some retrofitting and made it in to just about the perfect trailer boat for my taste (it's for sale). Then I found "Emmy" a 26' Sound Craft. Could not be happier. Yanmar 315 turbo, with a Konrad out drive. Designed by Jensen Marine Naval Architechts (probably the smalles vessel they ever designed) and built by some of the finest craftsmen in the Pacific Northwest. She is a 2002 with only 600 hrs and enough head room for my 6'7" frame.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
76' Freezer long liner "Alpine Cove"
21' SeaArk Commander
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Re: My third AA boat

Post by kmorin »

Sjoman, Emmy Lou is as pretty as her name sake, the finest voice in country music, and she looks well designed. Nicely proportional lines, and a few construction details that really catch my eye.

Her hull stiffeners are tapered! I just did a post on this build method and remarked how nice it looks to have the hull stiffener extrusions tapered forward as they end and here is a great example of how nice that makes the topsides compared to using a more abrupt mitered block end, forward.

If I understand the remarks(?) then you're an inboard enthusiast (?) or are you planning to pull the engine and fill in the engine spaces and hang outboards? That has been done by some remodeling owners but is not the choice for others?

Her lines remind me of the Ed Monk (Sr.) commercial hulls of the later 1960's but the cabin has her own lines (nice blue brow with the raked windscreen) not really influenced by that older era's designs. The sheer has that sweet, subtle toe rail/bulwarks forward that just adds to the lines - she sure is pretty.

Thanks for posting her pics, looking forward to seeing deck and cabin details when they're available?

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

I looked that boat over hard a few months ago and mulled making the jump. Its a beautiful boat, an outstanding build and in super condition. Enjoy! (I'm really glad you bought it as the fact that it was still on the market was driving me a little crazy). I'm pretty sure the crew that built her also built my LaConner because I saw many identical design details as my current boat.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Sjoman

Post by Sjoman »

kmorin wrote:Sjoman, Emmy Lou is as pretty as her name sake, the finest voice in country music, and she looks well designed. Nicely proportional lines, and a few construction details that really catch my eye.

Her hull stiffeners are tapered! I just did a post on this build method and remarked how nice it looks to have the hull stiffener extrusions tapered forward as they end and here is a great example of how nice that makes the topsides compared to using a more abrupt mitered block end, forward.

If I understand the remarks(?) then you're an inboard enthusiast (?) or are you planning to pull the engine and fill in the engine spaces and hang outboards? That has been done by some remodeling owners but is not the choice for others?

Her lines remind me of the Ed Monk (Sr.) commercial hulls of the later 1960's but the cabin has her own lines (nice blue brow with the raked windscreen) not really influenced by that older era's designs. The sheer has that sweet, subtle toe rail/bulwarks forward that just adds to the lines - she sure is pretty.

Thanks for posting her pics, looking forward to seeing deck and cabin details when they're available?

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK

No plans on changing to OB. The Yanmar has only 600hr. Did 30kn at 3,000 rpm during the seatrial and supposedly cruises at 28kn burning 6gal/hr. I will find out soon of that holds true or not. The Konrad 520 out drive is a beast. Here are some interior pics, as per your request
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
76' Freezer long liner "Alpine Cove"
21' SeaArk Commander
peterbo3
Contributor

Post by peterbo3 »

Nice boat. Down my way we do a lot of two night trips out to the reef so I have 2x7' bunks. But no table, seats or head. Coolers are tables & cheap butane stoves allow fillets to be converted into meals.
I could learn to appreciate that layout really quickly. :thumbsup:
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic