Face Book

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
welder
Site Admin

Face Book

Post by welder »

Where is my soap box.................OK, got it. :soap:

What is it , I have to be a member of FB to talk to ya now , see your pictures, know what time ya took a dump , what time you do anything. :nutkick:

Oh I have it , I don't have your email so I have to join FB because we have never talked before . :?: DUH !!!!!

Oh wait , I dont know your web site URL so you will have to email me with it so I can join FB to look you up because that's the only way to see your WWW. :nutkick:

Like I just received a email form a FAMILY member [ Remember , he just EMAILED me ] to join FB to see a picture :nutkick: Why didn't he just put the picture in the email. :nutkick:

All this makes no sense to me , that means I just have to open another tab, a bunch more mouse clicks, open myself up to MORE ways to get my PC INFECTED to talk to some one that already has me email.

Whoa , whoops, dang...................I almost fell off my soap box :soap:

Ya know , I have 2 cell phones , a house phone, a web site, 4 email accounts,AIM, work phone , and a 2 way radio in all of my work trucks, hand held radios at work to carry with me at work if I'm out of the truck BUUUUUUUT I can only see your picture on FB ........ :nutkick: I don't think so Tim.

At the end of the email that I just got from one of my uncles I found the little deal the says , CLICK HERE TO STOP RECEIVING EMAIL FROM FB, I sure hope that's for real cuz I clicked her HARRRRRRD.

Now I was a member of FB for a couple weeks a month or so ago and it took me those couple weeks to realize that I already have everyone's email and most of ya's phone # and address and not to be totally rude BUT I really don't care who someone went to high school with or are friends of friends of someone I don't know and will never meet.

To me , FB is like me calling you on one cell phone and hanging up to call you right back on my other cell phone to tell YOU the same thing again .

The BOX is tipping over , OH SH.........Whoa :soap: OK I'll shut up now before I break a leg or something. I'll go find my Blood Pressure pills and Beer now.

Hope I didn't sugar coat this to much and I think y'all know how how i FEEL about FB .

Not a FB member,
Lester
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Face Book

Post by Chaps »

Face it Les, we're just old guys that don't get it. I hear the next social networking thing will be a way we can chit chat with each other after we checkout and it will include gravecams.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
steve-r

Post by steve-r »

i'm with ya Welder. i refuse to sign up for that FB garbage on my pc. everytime my daughter goes on it her windows PC starts acting up, with strange services and software running n the background. wtf? i already got enough system support issues being the sysadmin in my family. now even worse, my other daughter gets an emergency plea through FB from her best friend who has somehow, she says, ended up in London, robbed at gunpoint, with no id, no money, and her parents on their way to Fiji so she can't get hold of them, and can my daughter send her some emergency funds. so we challenge the request.. "why are you in London on your way to Fiji if you're coming to the xmas party tomorrow nite?" "who is our dance teacher?" next thing you know the best friend has now declined to communicate, blocked the FB friendship, and signed off. turns out the bff's FB id was hacked, and every one of her FB friends got the same emergency funding plea. FB has to be one of the most unsecure and dangerous electronic places to hang out . i keep telling my girls to be careful.. they don't listen. i hope the next fad replaces it soon. :banghead:
Steve Ronson
18' Kellahan CC
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

I don't do facebook either. If e-mail, PM's on the forum (Or forums) and phone don't do it, I don't need to communicate with them. :sarge:
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Les it is time consuming an a PIA. I have had two of those emails from two different friends with similar problems. Your rant solved the problem that I was having. DELETE my account :hammer:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

I dunno...my youngest brother encouraged me to get on FB and I too, felt like if you didn't have my e-mail address, phone numbers, etc... well, then we apparently don't have anything to say to each other. But, I was wrong. I was able to reconnect with many High School friends and distant relatives that DIDN'T have any of my contact information.

There's a LOT of crap on FB and I've warned my boys and FJ to be VERY careful on how they play around on FB. So far, so good.

My point is two-fold - first, you've got to be careful on ANY site that you get on and secondly, Lester's just jealous because he didn't have any FB friends. Let's face it - most of his friends are still using an abacus to do simple math. :mrgreen:

In this newly expanding world we live in FB is just an alternative means of communication. Love it or hate it - that's all it is.
Now, if someone could PLEASE explain the reason for texting to me then maybe I could finally sleep at night. :skillet:

BTW - Lester, I took a healthy dump at 6:48pm......just in case you wanted to know. :nutkick:

Proud FB member - Wayne :thumbsup:
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

BTW - Lester, I took a healthy dump at 6:48pm......just in case you wanted to know. :nutkick:

Wayne..................To bad you don't get out of bed BEFORE 7PM
Lester,
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

ROTFLMAO! :highfive:

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

LOL.........So true Uncle Bill....so true. :thumbsup:

Wayne

welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Wayne , Claudia just looked at the screen and wants to know what a UNHEALTHY dump is ?
Lester,
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

Uh......maybe the county land fill? :mrgreen:

Wayne

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I'm with ya "W".......It's all kinda kiddy crap to me too. I do it, or "did it". because of S.E.O. purposes.
The same reason I do alot of stuff, these days that don't interest me. To this day I don't understand why others have crap showing up on my page, like games they're playing and stuff. 
I did connect with a gal that I knew in H.S. that my Mom went to H.S. with her Mom....such a small world. 

( if the letters in this post are big it's because the NORM, is now so small it's hard to see so I made them larger.)
Am I getting older and blinder, or is something different with the script size, lately? 

welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Dave, I like the big letters, cool.
The way I look at finding those "old friends" is if they were that good of a friend , you would have never "lost" them.
People are typically nosey and curious , they go crazy thinking what so in so is doing now, where there at, are they fat , are they bald and so on .
So ya don'y have to worry about it , i'll tell ya, I'm fat, balding and 49 years old and I don't care when you got home from work .
Lester,
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Dave, I like the big letters, cool.
</span>
Easier to read on a netbook too!
</span>
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Seems better now...(letter size) for some reason yesterday or the day before I either was going blind or something was "askew" with how I saw the forum.
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Seems better now...(letter size) for some reason yesterday or the day before I either was going blind or something was "askew" with how I saw the forum.
Bad moonshine will do that to ya I'm told..... :skillet:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I got to tell y'all running one of these here web sites is cool there are all kinds of buttons and stuff to push and click.

The only problem is remembering which one to push or click and which ones NOT TO PUSH OR CLICK. :banghead:

It's OK though , nobody got hurt or is bleeding.

:mrgreen:
Lester,
CanCanCase

Post by CanCanCase »

Lucky Louie wrote:
JETTYWOLF wrote:Seems better now...(letter size) for some reason yesterday or the day before I either was going blind or something was "askew" with how I saw the forum.
Bad moonshine will do that to ya I'm told..... :skillet:
I don't know if Dave's "blindness" is caused by bad moonshine... I suspect what's causing him to go blind may be the same thing causing the hair to grow on the palms of his hands... :rotfl:

Sorry, Dave... I'm not sayin'.... I'm just sayin'...y

Oh, and I do FaceBook... I've left towns and states on pretty short notice a few times in the past... FB has reconnected me with quite a few old friends. The main benefit (to me) has always been SEO and marketing. Granted, I'm not saying I'm young and chipper and into all of this social networking stuff... if anyone can explain the point of Twitter I'd appreciate it!

Lastly, since I know you're all dying to know, I'm having a pork roast and rice-a-roni for dinner... ought to make a nice healthy dump after my first cup of coffee at about 6:30am tomorrow... I'll keep y'all updated!

-Case
M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Charleston, OR
Boating is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Case just tell me your feet have already hit the floor by 0630.

:rotfl:
Lester,
BoatBucks

Post by BoatBucks »

You can "hide" most of the game stuff without hiding a person. Just hover over the post and you'll see a "hide" button. I hide all of the game, food, and farm animal stuff. I do have to laugh at some who think they have to post every thought that comes to them. I just shake my head...

I've reconnected with several old friends and made a few new ones. Like these forums it's interesting to chat with others in other parts of the country or world. It also helps me keep tabs on my daughter who's in collage 100 miles away. Although sometimes I'd rather not know what she has been up too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic