Found this image on line...horrible :hammer:
Attachments
gulf_AMO_2010115_lrg.jpg
gulf_AMO_2010115_lrg.jpg (103 KiB) Viewed 6262 times
pjay9

Re: GOM Oil Spill

Post by pjay9 »

Where's the spill on the picture? Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

The white shape in the upper right quadrant of the picture.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Like Hurricanes, I bet JOE Q PUBLIC isn't making no plans to fish La. any time soon.
Such press, (every single news cast on TV and radio) will have people putting the brakes on fishing plans.

I get dingdongs wanting to cancell charters because a Hurricane is off the tip of Africa heading westward.
All a Wisconsinite with a charter deposit in Fl;orida has to hear is the word Hurricane and the phone starts ringing with "what about my trip??"

Not good for business.

And even though I have the utmost confidence in our oil industry , because I wish we had some of that structure here. There's not anything good coming out of this, you can bet yer azz on that!

I'd still love to be along the banks of big Lake Pontchatrain myself, cuz I'm in love with Trout on a cork!
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

You would think that they would put a valve in the pipe lets say a couple hundred feet down so when the dammed thing blows up they could shut off the flow. :?:
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Jetty you are so right.. But then there is the USCG lady that said the oil head was shut off and not leaking......... where is she now? Alaska? Manning some outpost 100 miles from Russia.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

What is the latest , is she burning yet or are we still leaking ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

capeannfisherman

Post by capeannfisherman »

This is horrible. my family and all the people of Lousiana have had a tough enough time without this. Its going to really mess up the fishing, crabbing, and shrimping for many years to come.
Adrian
Adrian
Night Runner
16/65
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Here are two links that are first hand accounts of the accident. The first one is by someone fishing near the rig when it happened. The second is of someone who was ON the rig at the time. The second is a long audio clip. BUT, it gives you a lot of insight as to what really happened.

http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6104

http://www.drillingahead.com/video/vide ... 2#comments
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

It's so Ironic.

The two places that are last frontiers of quality fishing, Alaska & Louisiana now both have dealt with Oil.

And the state senator I believe, says "La. doesn't get any $$ in revenue sharing for all that out there", which is rediculas.

My buddy here, who I've supposed to go over there with 3 times last year and stay at his house in Venice is now gonna make out. He's renting his 10 bunk, two bathroom house in Venice La. for $2000 a month. THey stuck the for rent sign in the yard yesterday. And he's gonna take the profits and in 6 months to a year, probably gonna scoop up more land over there.

It's unfortunate but he may just be able to get more land/houses for pennies on the dollar.....
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

So I started this thread back on April 27th and we still have not stopped this flow of oil. Every GD night I turn on the news it's spread further and further.......now potentially effecting and devastating the FLA Keys with a threat of the gulf stream grabbing it......all everyone is doing is playing "hot potato" by pointing fingers and asking questions......

SOMEBODY PLEASE STOP THIS EFFIN THING!!!!!
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Here are the facts :

The powers have decided that every effort will be made to save this drill head because there is money to be made.

Now that this mess has happened you can bet your life that they are not going to collapse the well head. They need

the money to pay for this mess.

Another fact .......underwater demolition is many times more effective because of the water pressure against the

charge. It would be damn easy to demo/blow it shut or crush the pipe to severly restrict the flow but it would be

another strory altogether to get it open again .

Its all about energy .......very very sad. I say blow it shut and collapse the SOB and clean up the mess !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic