That Time Is Apon Us Again !

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
Occams Razor

That Time Is Apon Us Again !

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All !

Well its that time to go play in the briny once again ! Just last season we were all talking about the crazy fuel prices ! How far will they go ? Looks like we may be seeing $4.30 to $4:50 when this bubble pops this year. How is everyone going to cope any ideas ? Been mapping shorter distance to the grounds by launching at different ramps this year. I feel bad for the folks who have diesel .....anyway no matter what we are going to have fun and dip our very pricey toys and play with our jewl like reels and sip some very tasty beer :thumbsup:

Think I may even switch cattleboat long range boats this year too ! Get closer to the grounds faster and spend more time there for less money. Gotta find ways to get the most for you undervalued buck these days !

So welcome back to the water ! Hope to talk to you gents very soon ! The Razor is ready ! Bass and Fluke beware !

Don't even want to think about the Canyon yet.....lets get some warm weather here first and enjoy it ...

Alloy , Welder, Jetty , Tin Cup, Clambo hope this season finds you sitting in good posture :thumbsup:
clambo
Donator '22

Re: That Time Is Apon Us Again !

Post by clambo »

O.R . Won't be long. Going over trailer wheels, nuts were siezed on and broke some off. Ordered new studs should be in wed, new nuts also wed, they are sealed so no more water on the threads. Got to install forward 0 degree rod holder so the big boys can tow me around and get a little tired before I pull them in. New deck lights going in also, then ready to go. Got reliable intel that stripers have been chasing herring in the Wareham river here we go :thumbsup:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

OR, I'll be pulling Service on SKINTBACK over the next couple weeks . 1st of June it will be TWO WEEKS in South LA. inshore and off shore.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Hey Clambo !

Good to here from you.....I use antisieze on the trailer studs and just renew each year. That briny shure screws things up !
I rinse everything well with fresh after I pull out but it all needs maintenance as you know. Trailers just take a beating.

So you got got yourself a zero angle swivel to use with a bent but ? Come on buddy ....have some fun and put on a standup
harness and lay into them that way ! Its far more effective and you can get him to the boat quicker and greener so you can
stick em ! I hate the "yank and crank"! Stand up you gain feet instead of inches ! Just better have a rope tied to ya just in case :thumbsup:

No new stuff yet ,,,Keep it simple i say . Less to go wrong and maintain. Someday I am going to get one of them pilot houses
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

welder wrote:OR, I'll be pulling Service on SKINTBACK over the next couple weeks . 1st of June it will be TWO WEEKS in South LA. inshore and off shore.

INSHORE.....does that mean an EZ to clean and catch, "T-ROUT?"

Yeah, its about that time isn't it?

SOOOOO Funny though, your season is just getting in gear and mine has ENDED already. For me, the winter is great fishing and the heat of the summer sucks the colon!
I hate summer, the junkfish, the lack of my fish (TROUT), the 200 pound stingrays everywhere.

JUST HAD A SMALL SHIMANO TRD 100 STRIPPED OF 300 YARDS OF BRAID LAST WEEK BY A NON-STOPPING RAY WHILE ON A FALLING TIDE IN THE RIVER WHILE ATTEMPTING TO CATCH LARGE REDBASS.

Gawd how I hate summer, here :!: :!:
ANYONE NEED AN EXTRA CHARTER BOAT IN MAINE????????
I could easily convert over to catching stripers I'm sure.
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

OR I use the bent butts for stand-up,they are shorties. Front holder is only for giants or scup ha. ha. If I can't budge them got to get them a little tired. Plus it gives me a little time for refreshment. :beer:
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Clambo !

Forgive me ! I overlooked the refreshment part :beer: Bent butt shorties are the way to go with stand-up ! You got that
rite.

Jetty: Come on up north my friend. Plenty of charter customers at all ends ! You could make a killin on Bass and Fluke if you wanted to !

We have rain today and I am sure more to come but then the sun will break and I will help OPEC pay their bills :thumbsup:
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All !

Hmmm saw a large alloy being pulled out of Tyler Point in Providence the other day . Did not look like a Pacific ....
It was a I/O powered hull with a alloy pilot house on it . Looked pretty neat but older . Pulled out and went onto 195 west .

Anyone know ?
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

If it was in R.I. that surely means it couldn't hide or go too far.

I think Jacksonville Florida's almost as big as R.I.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

See you at Sakonnett in a week or two Occam :thumbsup:

But first hope to use my Stop & Shop points and throw "a beans worth" in my tank and chase some cod fish & surface feeding pollock on the bank. Finally got my trailer brake parts in and will tackle that maybe Sunday.... Then it's game on "fish fish make a wish" :beer:
Attachments
IMG_1510.JPG
IMG_1510.JPG (69.17 KiB) Viewed 4867 times
IMG_1511.JPG
IMG_1511.JPG (68.73 KiB) Viewed 4867 times
125-Cold_weather_cod.jpg
125-Cold_weather_cod.jpg (37.25 KiB) Viewed 4867 times
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Wow! Big flattie!
Nice job AT. :thumbsup:
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic